New Items
users online
360 Fail!
 Pandemonium.Rathz
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-27 06:51:00  
So every so often I get randomly disconnected from xbox live. I can reconnect right away, but it kicks me out of the game and that just pisses me off. It's not my provider since it only happens on my xbox, even when I'm playing on my computer, and it's no the cable because i've replaced that like 10 times
By brahmdut 2010-01-27 07:04:45  
tossput Xbox 360 intrashcold dark dry box about 50ft under your house(or where ever you live) and buy a PC
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 07:07:15  
Pandemonium.Rathz said:
So every so often I get randomly disconnected from xbox live. I can reconnect right away, but it kicks me out of the game and that just pisses me off. It's not my provider since it only happens on my xbox, even when I'm playing on my computer, and it's no the cable because i've replaced that like 10 times
Could be your router flipping out or something. I'd google your router model with some key words concerning the xbox problem.
By brahmdut 2010-01-27 07:13:37  
if i remember right there is a list of supported routers for 360's and it was a short list when i saw it last, it's been a while sense i have had a 360 and bothered to look it up
 Pandemonium.Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-27 07:27:39  
brahmdut said:
tossput Xbox 360 intrashcold dark dry box about 50ft under your house(or where ever you live) and buy a PC

Couldn't have typed this if I didn't have a PC. I play FFXI on my PC and MW2 on my 360.

Edit - I'm 16 and my parents don't trust me (with good reason) so they have a custom password on the router.
 Cerberus.Angish
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Angish
By Cerberus.Angish 2010-01-27 07:41:39  
Pandemonium.Rathz said:
brahmdut said:
Couldn't have typed this if I didn't have a PC. I play FFXI on my PC and MW2 on my 360. Edit - I'm 16 and my parents don't trust me (with good reason) so they have a custom password on the router.

Now this might explain most of your problems, the xbox doesn't get along with cutom passwords, since I was able to buy my Xbox 360 I have been using it to play even FFXI. Never had a problem with it, only when my internet all of a sudden decides to become slow at Dyna and freezes the xbox (Yay me <_<;) but, other than that. . . nop.

Other than that, wasn't there a update that SE did that has been giving people problems with their connection?
 Pandemonium.Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-27 07:43:38  
I actually don't have a problem when playing FFXI on my 360. Any other game, I have issues. I don't even have to be playing a game actually. i'll just be sitting at the dashboard and will get disconnected. Oh, and I mean a custom password to get into the router homepage, not to connect. I use a hardline to get into the router.
 Phoenix.Afrikabdotta
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Afrikabdotta 2010-01-27 07:45:37  
You can find that list of supported routers for the Xbox 360 here at this site:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/XboxLive/GetConnected/CompatibleNetworkEquipment/CompatibleNetworkingEquipment.aspx

Cerberus.Angish
By Cerberus.Angish 2010-01-27 07:46:59  
Hmm. . .

If you are having issues with other games and even outside (Dashboard) I would suggest you to check the Xbox page where they show you which Routers are compatible with the Xbox 360. Because it seems that your xbox isn't compatible with the Router. Also, I bet you're also having problems @ the Xbox Party Chat, am I right?
 Pandemonium.Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-27 08:08:59  
Yup.. I'm using an SMC router, Barricade G 180 Mbps. And it's not on the list.. *** xbl -.-
 Cerberus.Angish
By Cerberus.Angish 2010-01-27 08:21:15  
Then that's the problem, you need tobuy a router that's compatible with the Xbox or you wont be able to play any games since it will always have a connection issue.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 08:34:48  
There aren't a whole lot of options since you can't get into the router configuration. Only thing I can suggest is to let your parents know that the current router is causing problems and ask them to upgrade to one on the list.
 Pandemonium.Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-27 09:26:33  
20 bucks I can guess the answer... "I don't care"
 Quetzalcoatl.Xedal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dalight
By Quetzalcoatl.Xedal 2010-01-27 09:43:40  
OT Slightly, but why aren't you allowed access to the Router's settings? I mean, there isn't a lot to actually do on there anyways to restrict access to it.
 Pandemonium.Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-27 10:04:58  
Because my parents want to be able to restrict me from getting on the internet at times