Computer Fail!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Computer fail!
Computer fail!
 Fenrir.Surgator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-01-26 21:14:03  
Okay i am now with my portable because my computer don't seem to work anymore and i want to know how do i formate my computer if i cannot enter my window xp? there is like 5 choice that i get

and every choice like start it on the mode wuth no fail , mode normaly , mode with the last who where working but every chose that i take lead me to a blu screen that i cannot do anything . So i want to know if there is a ways to repair that? formate that before it come on my screen? because i need thing on computer tonight :S!

thx in advance to everyone who will help me.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-01-26 21:15:38  
Can you not start in "Safe Mode"?

DO you Still have your windows XP disk?

Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-01-26 21:20:31  
no that a dell so it is inside the computer before i get the computer for the windows xp disk.ter

And yeah in safe mode don't work.... every choice i have lead me to the blue screen that i cannot do anything after that exept restart again the computer.
 Caitsith.Blurr
サーバ: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-01-26 21:32:07  
could be any number of things. if its hardware related, my best guess would be your cpu burned out or theres something wrong with the motherboard. not to say it couldnt be the harddrive, ram, or video card, but ive personally had cpu's burn out causing similar problems. if its software related... sounds like the only thing you CAN do is reformat.. if you dont have the windows installation stuff, you could download a windows iso via torrents.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-26 21:39:46  
If you need stuff off your pc then reformatting will wipe it, you do know that right?

Anyway, shouldn't there be an error messaging via system beeps for this sort of thing? When you start up your computer, if everything is running find, the computer should give one short beep I believe. If there is anything the motherboard sees as wrong as it's starting up, it will give multiple beeps, almost like morse code. You listen to those beeps, and then look them up on a chart that can be found on the net somewhere and it'll tell you what the beep message means.

I'm a noob at this, but I know I fixed a problem with my old pc in this manner once. If it's only giving one standard beep, then it's probably software related. If you have anything on your HDD you need, you might have to stick your HDD into someone elses pc to get your stuff off (I'd be cautious about this though in case it's a virus) and then have them reformat your drive for you before reinstalling.
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-01-26 21:43:40  
okay but how do i formate if i cannot write anything when the screen blu pop?

Atm i am trying each thing alone on the boot menu i think it is call , and so on and so far nothing seem not to a problem... but i didn't do still the system management , system memory and video... i am still waiting to the one he is checking now...

Sorry if i am hard to understand for ma problem on my computer , this is just that i am not the best at all for ordi that don't work lol!
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-01-26 21:45:43  
i want only to reformate the /c drive , the /d have my thing but i don't think that the /d is the prob..... /c is my messy one i am pretty sure because i put all in the c and thing important for other thing in the d.
By Kalamity 2010-01-26 22:21:31  

If you cannot access your stuff through xp, try using ubuntu or fedora or any other linux distro. you should be able to run the os without any changes to your hardware. While you are using it you should have access to all of your files. you will atleast be able to get ur stuff off of it. it might take awhile to download one of the distro if u dont already one... I havn't used fedora, but i use ubuntu all the time for problems like this. hope this helps :( ubuntu.com if u wanna give it a shot
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-01-26 22:32:25  
but how do you want me to do that ubuntu or your fedora work before window xp begin to start?
 Caitsith.Blurr
サーバ: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-01-27 06:02:36  
first you either need an actual genuine version of windows, or a copy you trust. i would recommend searching for a student version of windows xp on torrent sites, and grabbing a copy that is highly rated/voted/etc. or buy a new genuine copy, which is guaranteed safe.

once you have a windows install cd,
google this~ "how do i enter <your dell computer model> bios",
there should be some kind of identification on the computer somewhere..

entering bios is usually just a certain key stroke after the initial screen while restarting. while in bios, your going to wanna set your primary boot device to cd rom, and secondary boot device harddrive. pop in your copy of windows, and exit bios. when your computer restarts it will boot from your cd rom first, ignoring your harddrive, allowing you to reformat. after windows is installed, you can restart the computer, enter bios again, and change it back to harddrive first, cd rom second.

if you CANT enter bios, or cant reformat, or there are still any kind of problems with the computer booting from your windows install disk first, its definitely most likely hardware related. could be anything, but my best guess would be harddrive , or cpu, or mother board.

i think you maybe should just bring it to best buy and let them handle it.. save yourself a lot of trouble and headache. spend the couple bucks on a new copy of windows and i can pretty much promise they will service it for free. if you ask anyway.., OR, spend a few more bucks on building a new computer too, and just kinda learn more and more over time about servicing your own probs and computers in general.

and yeah, reformatting will erase everything you had on your harddrive. its always a last ditch effort, definitely recommend letting a computer tech at best buy or something look at it for you. pricey yeah, but usually worth it for the average computer users w prebuilts. custom pcs ftw~
By brahmdut 2010-01-27 07:10:51  
you can also at start up go and press what ever your screen says to press to go in to bios and try to set to default. you can all so try to get a boot disk and use DOS to fix or backup what ever is bad.
any way Good Luck
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-01-27 17:38:46  
Okay my computer still not seem to work i try i lot of thing so i will let that handle by an expert of computer....

On other note , scince my PoL was on my tower and my pol remember the password but my laptop i just recenly get it and don't remember the password of my PoL account , where do i go to talk with a gm to get my password back? because i cannot connect to Ffxi now :s

Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2010-01-27 17:57:14  
You can go to their live chat, verify that it's your account and have them give you a temporary password that you change after.
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-01-27 18:26:34  
where is there live chat?
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2010-01-27 18:30:48  
On their website, under the help section. Can take some time to find but they fix it fast if you provide the right information.
 Bahamut.Haublice
By Bahamut.Haublice 2010-01-27 19:07:55  
The Blue Screen of Death (also known as a stop error, BSoD, bluescreen, or Blue Screen of Doom) is a colloquialism used for the error screen displayed by some operating systems, most notably Microsoft Windows, after encountering a critical system error that can cause the system to shut down to prevent irreversible damage to the system's integrity. It serves to present information for diagnostic purposes that was collected as the operating system issued a bug check.

If so configured, the system will dump all of its memory to a file on disk. Data in memory would then be lost but in some circumstances it could be retrievable from the dump file, a process that must be carried out by a trained PC technician.

According to Microsoft, bluescreens on NT-based Windows systems are usually caused by poorly-written device drivers or malfunctioning hardware. In the Win9x era, incompatible DLLs or bugs in the kernel of the operating system could also cause bluescreens. They can also be caused by physical faults such as faulty memory, power supplies, overheating of computer components, or hardware running beyond its specification limits. Bluescreens have been present in all Windows-based operating systems since Windows 3.1; earlier, OS/2 suffered the Black Screen of Death, and early builds of Windows Vista displayed the Red Screen of Death after a boot loader error.

The term Blue Screen of Death originated during OS/2 pre-release development activities at Lattice Inc, the makers of an early Windows and OS/2 C compiler. During porting of Lattice's other tools, developers encountered the stop screen when NULL pointers were dereferenced either in application code or when unexpectedly passed into system API calls. During reviews of progress and feedback to IBM Austin, Texas, the developers described the stop screen as the Blue Screen of Death to denote the screen and the finality of the experience.[citation needed]
taken from Wiki
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-27 20:09:53  
Bahamut.Haublice said:
bluescreens on NT-based Windows systems are usually caused by poorly-written device drivers

This seems right, my laptop a Dell and I always got BSoD from little things like mouse drivers. Best way to fix it is to buy an OS disc, F8 an boot from CD, there'll be a format drive section or repair, something like that. OR you could make a boot CD on another computer and run the FDisk, if that even still works, havent done it in years.
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-02-04 23:37:15  
Okay i succes to formate my computer but now the computer don't see my driver for my network...... so how do i find a network driver IF i cannot connect to web with that computer ?