users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Windows 7 Hack: Playing with "GodMode"
Windows 7 Hack: Playing with "GodMode"
 Bismarck.Barrd
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2010-01-25 23:29:47  

"Have you ever wondered what else lies under the hood of that new Windows 7 laptop you got recently? The clever folks at CNET have found a simple hack that will grant access to all of those options in one easy-to-set-up shortcut.

The aptly named GodMode is a built-in, yet unadvertised feature in Windows 7 that gathers all Windows utilities in one spot. To access it, simply create a new folder and name it:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

And that's it! Open it up and you'll find access to display options, backup/recovery, power management and more. This is a useful trick for those of you that easily forget where to access the defragmenter or the device managager. You may even find a useful utility you didn't know existed.

For quite a few years now, Microsoft has tinkered with its Control Panel in order to provide a robust set of options in an elegant and accessible package. GodMode is certainly not the solution to that problem. By throwing all of the settings into one spot, it's more akin to organized confusion than friendly accessibility. GodMode probably won't work too well for Grandma, but for those of you that get giddy at the thought of tweaking your settings, you might want to get this shortcut up on your desktop.

If you want to find out more ways to optimize your Windows 7 experience, check out PCWorld's 10 Essential Windows 7 Downloads and The Greatest Windows Tips of All Time."
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-01-25 23:35:02  
Yep also there a way to be done in Window vista, It's pretty easy to work around with godmode. I'm a computer repair/networking and pain in the *** to find thing so i just use that.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-25 23:38:32  
lol this has been posted before
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-26 00:26:14  
As a warning I just attempted to try this on Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and it sent Windows Explorer into an endless loop of crashing.

I needed to log into another account and rename that folder through a command window to stop it.

Edit:

If you have Vista x64, you can create a shortcut on your desktop (not a folder) with this path:
explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

I've tried this and it does work. Just name the shortcut "GodMode" or whatever you want it to be called.