Xbox Issue --help If You Can Please.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » xbox issue --help if you can please.
xbox issue --help if you can please.
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-01-12 06:34:41  
Ok I've read many different threads about this and none of them really helped my problem. I've tried the ipod thing and everything I have no idea what to do. Please hear me out:

So, A few months ago (before pro started selling out) my boyfriend got a Xbox Pro and the FFXI 2008 Collection. He installed it and had an issue I'm having now whenever FF logged out incorrectly he couldn't read the disc and had to uninstall FF itself and reinstall. (I know PoL has announced this issue and everything but yeah anyway) He clearned his HD and then installed it differently by using his collection on his XBOX and installing it to the HDD. This completely fixed all issues he was having when he would DC cause internet went bad if just something happened to make his xbox crash.

A few days ago I bought an xbox elite and got a Ultimate Collection addition of FFXI, uploaded it and it played just fine. My internet crashed and I tried to relog, the screen with blank for a really longtime after I clicked the FF error message. The xbox froze forcing me to restart it after that I got an error reading that the disc was unreadable and needed to be cleaned etc.

So I tried to clean it; nothing. I reformatted my HDD and tried the disc again, worked perfectly fine. I took the game out and tried my boyfriends disc that only a few months ago worked perfectly fine when it came to installing on the HDD. It didn't work. I got an error saying something about installation of this game isn't supported. I got the same error with my new disc's as well.

ATM I am installing it again hoping that fixes whatever problem it had in the first installation, but I want to find a way to fix it if it does in fact happen again... I mean it's not my fault my internet randomly goes out... it doesn't happen often but it will suck if i have to repeat the process every time.

tl;dr? is there anyway of installing FFXI to your HDD anymore? Or am I stuck uninstalling each time I get a FFXI error?

Oh and Yes; I know FF is better on PC. Don't bother "helping" me by saying get a PC. I play on PC already. Please help me if you know how to get this to work or know an alternate solution to make the game work on xbox. Thanks a lot.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-01-12 06:42:45  
You can pray. It's pretty much the only thing that's ever proven to work (sometimes). We're talking about Microsoft OS + Microsoft hardware, a pretty deadly cocktail. The only reason the PC version works a little better is most probably because the hardware isn't made by Microsoft. Sad, I know. Next time, don't buy their crap... It fails a lot. :(

P.S. You should know by now, it's been 20+ years that we know.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-01-12 06:46:47  
Yeah, I find it completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE they removed the ability to install to the HD.. I mean that is honestly the only way I know that fixed the problem people were having, since uploading the game on the HDD my boyfriend hasn't had any issues at all when things crashed or dced his 360 continues to read the disc just fine. I'm just wondering if newer systems are just effected by it or if all systems that are out are effected too because someone got a bright idea of not allowing HDD installation...
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-12 08:47:31  
Xbox Pro and Elite are fail
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-01-12 09:12:01  
Sell your xbox and get something better..like a nice PC or a PS3...but xbox = fail
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-01-12 09:42:05  
I honestly don't think there's any method that's 100% foolproof when it comes to FFXI on 360, it just seems so...random. My friend had to use the iPod method a couple of weeks ago, and it worked fine for her and she hasn't had any issues since, but I've heard stories from other people where it didn't do anything. Personally, the only issue I've ever had with it is the typical freezing during Besieged. Like I said, very random.
[+]
 Remora.Mykezero
user: Mykezero
By Remora.Mykezero 2010-01-21 05:59:59  
There's a way to install the CD to the Harddrive on the 360.

1.) Hit the Dashboard button. (The big button in the middle on the 360 controller.)
2.) Navigate to the games tab.
3.) Scroll to Game library
4.) Find playonline viewer somewhere in that section. (For me, recent games. Maybe all games for you.)
5.) Click playonline veiwer.
6.) Click install to Harddrive.

// Thats about the only option I see to install FFXI to the harddrive. Personally, I haven't installed it to the 360. Not too sure if this was what you were looking for, but GoodLuck ^^.
[+]
By Ashitaka 2010-01-21 06:25:45  
It's a normal issue, POL already stated.. you can't install to hard drive because it doesn't allow you. POL can not be DL'ed... it'll give you error message when you try. The only thing to do is literally open and close disk tray until it reads. I've done this many times before. If you feel you don't want to do that go to gamestop and by the 09 expansion set for 20 bucks... it'll read like a new game instantly until you so happen to not log out properly.
[+]
By Kronser 2010-01-21 06:36:56  
Hey i have had this problem a lot of times... Here is the trick to get ur disk to play. This is gonna sound weird as heck but it works trust me i go threw it all the time. You need to go and load some music onto your hard drive and cd it doesn't matter. Now w/e u fire up ur xbox go to ur music on ur hard drive and play a song then put in ur ffxi cd and bam issue solved :D I know it sounds stupid as heck but it works trust me...
[+]
By Rdub92 2010-01-21 06:55:43  
This happens to me constantly, either game will freeze up in besieged or I will try to log off and it will freeze, when that happens I turn off xbox via the console, and switch disc between wings of the goddess with PolViewer and ToAu with play online viewer from the ultimate collection.

Takes a couple minutes, pretty damn annoying, but has yet to fail me.

I tried calling SE about it about a month ago, the CS rep told me to good the issue and look for forums where they explained how to use an ipod to fix the problem.
Said he could not give his opinion about it, however told me that many ppl he had suggested it to, had called back in saying it worked, but until SE and xbox work out the details he could not condone using the ipod fix.

Not sure if any of this made sense I'm really tired but hopefully it helped or at least gave some unknown information? Good luck!
[+]
 Remora.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Remora.Optimis 2010-01-21 07:03:21  
Myke is right worked for me a week ago
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-01-21 09:28:30  
I had the disc reading problem like you did too, and again, i did what Myke said and installed it onto my elite and worked fine since
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-01-21 10:00:06  
Xbox cant read my Wotg FF disk :(
 Seraph.Jhaely
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jhaely
By Seraph.Jhaely 2010-01-21 10:33:15  
i got a question, Im having a reading disc problem too on my xbox 360, but with any game, i think i need to clean or buy a new lense =/ i gotta spend from 10 to 30 minutes, pressing the A button lots of times to make it work -.-;

if i have the game installed in my HD, why do i still need a CD to play the game? i've look for the game in my HD but i dont see it anywhere, its supposed to be there 'cuz its taking space but i cannot find it.

Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-01-21 10:40:19  
Thats why you buy a PS3!!! Sony>Xbox muttafukkas :p!
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-01-21 11:31:09  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Xbox Elite's are win

Fixed, sorry, had my Elite sense release day and still no problem.

By Antonaki 2010-01-21 11:51:44  
If you get the "unable to read disc" error like i do when i crash during besieged or get a power cut or w/e the reason you dont shut down properly just turn off your xbox, then turn it back on. i have not once had to reinstall FF in the 4 years or so iv had it on xbox, iv never had to install music on it, just switch off and on.

One other thing it could be if its a harware problem, check your disc for any marks that do not look like normal scratches caused by wear and tear, had this on a fiends when his disc drive went up the swany, if the disc has been marked because of that the disc is nakered.
By Vacian 2010-01-21 12:38:30  
Antonaki said:
If you get the "unable to read disc" error like i do when i crash during besieged or get a power cut or w/e the reason you dont shut down properly just turn off your xbox, then turn it back on. i have not once had to reinstall FF in the 4 years or so iv had it on xbox, iv never had to install music on it, just switch off and on.

One other thing it could be if its a harware problem, check your disc for any marks that do not look like normal scratches caused by wear and tear, had this on a fiends when his disc drive went up the swany, if the disc has been marked because of that the disc is nakered.

Yeah i have been playing for a year on my 360 now and I have never had to reinstall it. From time to time i get the error message but all I need to do is restart it and it works fine.

What he said about the disc being "nakered" could be the problem, had an old room mate "bump" the xbox while I was playing halo, caused some kind of shadowing on the disc and had to get a new one, I tried having it resurfaced a couple time but it wasnt helping.