フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Only For People Who Are Computer Smart
Only For People Who Are Computer Smart
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-12-18 14:58:45  
Quote:
However for gaming AMD processors, in my experience, are far superior to Intel, there lower clock rates allow fast data processing with much less heat (a system's worse enemy).

This used to be very true, and the lower heat-production combined with better core management allowed for the processors to be over-clocked (tuned up for higher performance), so were preferred by gamers. However in recent years, AMD have really come off the boil so if it it was one of their more modern processors (last year or two), then there will be Intel's that will outperform it in every aspect. The recent release of the I7 processor from Intel is a shining example of this, being in a whole other playing field (performance wise) than AMD's "equivalent".

I don't want to turn this thread into a AMD vs Intel argument, but I have to agree with both points. AMD has a better offering for gaming, but they seem to be lagging behind Intel lately. Intel is also more expensive then AMD is though. There's no argument that an I7 would own a similar AMD system, but you'd be spending a considerable amount to do it (The CPU alone is around $1,000). Honestly for a company that doesn't advertise itself AMD isn't doing all that bad.

but anyways, my two cents is that you put together your own computer, or find a local PC store that sells PCs them custom built instead of the big name ones. It really isn't too difficult to do as long as you use some common sense and discharge any static electricity. All the parts now-days are designed so they will only go in one way. You'll be A LOT happier in the long run since you can upgrade them later AND they are easier to maintain since you're not using obscure or lowbid hardware.