First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-14 16:02:40  
first off:

Firefox super hogger why?

Seriously, does it really need to use all that? Seeing how i.e uses less than half the memory I'm considering going back to that :(

second off:

I never meant to install "search indexer" and now i cant remove it, killing the process alone just makes it restart itself. I dont want it! How? Its not listed among "services" so I cant shut it down there. Anyone know where and how to make it stop!?
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-14 16:05:05  
Firefox to my knowledge has a memory leakage issue. I've stopped using it for now and use Google Chrome. I prefer Firefox, but the memory usage is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and I'm missing a stick of RAM due to awfulness and I'm too lazy to replace it. IDK about the second one. :s
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 16:07:12  
Have you done a google search to see what that even is/does? Might explain a few things also generally searches can show how to remove/fix
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-14 16:07:15  
ok nvm the second one, i actually found a way to remove it. YAY ME!

how's google chrome? any good? and less of a resource hogger? is it worth using over i.e if i remove firefox?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-14 16:09:20  
It's okay. I'm not a super huge fan and it tends to die for no reason on occasion. It also uses several processes, ATM I have four tabs open (I'm not sure if it's a resource for tab or what not) but I have 5 resources running, and they're at 31k, 31k, 31k, 2k, 81k and 98k.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 16:10:39  
I use IE8 and it works great! Actually IE has worked go for me since like 6 I think. Before that kinda hit or miss. Doesn't hog resources too much and I think the tabs all count under same process. Not always a fan of tabs though
 Fairy.Phatdade
サーバ: Fairy
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2009-12-14 16:11:33  
What??? Computer nerds play this game???

GTFO!

No one told me this. I thought this was where all the cool kids and jocks came to be awesome!

Damn misleading advertisements.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-14 16:15:27  
If firefox doesn't close down properly it'll still ghost your processes. Open it up again and it'll create a new process. When I browse, firefox takes about 30-55k and that's with a couple tabs.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-14 16:16:07  
but 457 kb for firefox alone, and thats not even the highest I've got, sometimes its makes my computer make very unhealthy noises, like its some damn nuclear powerplant or something ; ;
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2009-12-14 16:17:46  
You should always restart firefox after about 30-60 minutes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-14 16:19:48  
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
If firefox doesn't close down properly it'll still ghost your processes. Open it up again and it'll create a new process. When I browse, firefox takes about 30-55k and that's with a couple tabs.

When it gets this bad i usually go and kill the process and then open up firefox again. Then it works fine for awhile. But usually wont take too long til it starts hogging memory like a fat kid hogging lollipops -.-
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 16:22:36  
Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
You should always restart firefox after about 30-60 minutes.
Really? Wow that's kinda lame. I leave IE on for days sometimes.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-14 16:25:02  
Firefox is a memory hog due to its memory leak issue. Firefox 3.5 is the same, even though there are apps online to help curb FF's memory hunger. Closing down FF every hour or so does help recover memory, so that does help.

IE is a bug trap, I don't use it.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-14 16:25:18  
For the searchindexer

You can go to RUN > type msconfig

Click tab for startup and see if the process is there in the starts up.

Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-14 16:25:18  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
When it gets this bad i usually go and kill the process and then open up firefox again. Then it works fine for awhile. But usually wont take too long til it starts hogging memory like a fat kid hogging lollipops -.-

I haven't had too much problems with mine. Most of it is the usual plugin updates, but I may soon move to google chrome.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-14 16:27:22  
here's your solution... UPGRADE YOUR RAM!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-14 16:28:20  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
For the searchindexer

You can go to RUN > type msconfig

Click tab for startup and see if the process is there in the starts up.

Yea i know about msconfig, it wasnt there :(

But I found a way to remove it though :)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-14 16:28:28  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I use IE8 and it works great! Actually IE has worked go for me since like 6 I think. Before that kinda hit or miss. Doesn't hog resources too much and I think the tabs all count under same process. Not always a fan of tabs though

I use IE too.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-14 16:29:20  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

idk much about computers, but someone told me I cant have more than 2Gb RAM with windows XP, for w/e reason D:
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-14 16:30:45  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

idk much about computers, but someone told me I cant have more than 2Gb RAM with windows XP, for w/e reason D:

I dunno either, you can upgrade your RAM to fill all the slots on your motherboard.

maybe that person is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 16:33:02  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
2gb should be more than enough. Anyways it isn't so much you can't have more as it won't recognize it and use it. Though how much xp can I don't remember. I think xp 32 bit only recognizes like 3something
 Quetzalcoatl.Taxero
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taxero79
By Quetzalcoatl.Taxero 2009-12-14 16:50:03  
False advertisement ! Reading the title of this post I was hoping there would be a Pi Delta Pi girl who was sick of the Alpha Beta guys and wanted to have some steaming hot sex with a Lambda Lambda Lambda computer nerd :/
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2009-12-14 16:54:50  
Spy Bot Search and Destroy.
Also Hijack this.

You should get both of those programs just google them. It may solve some problems
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-14 16:57:09  
I want a computer nerd.

Oh wait wrong thread. :)

That searchindexer is that Microsoft update that added a search on your desktop task bar. Even after turning it off, it is still in the process. I hate when Microsoft adds stupid things.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-14 17:00:07  
Well isn't search index going to be on for the most part because it's part of every directory window?
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-12-14 17:00:33  
what plugins/extensions/themes are you using? Supposedly if DL history is full, it can cause something similar to this.

I'll do a bit more research on it though.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-14 17:03:44  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Also Hijack this.

You should get both of those programs just google them. It may solve some problems

hmm i downloaded "Spy Bot Search and Destroy", but when i was gonna install it, it asked me to send tex messages to get some sort if installation code, and said that sending those text messages would cost about 10 USD ...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-14 17:06:57  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Also Hijack this.

hmm i downloaded "Spy Bot Search and Destroy", but when i was gonna install it, it asked me to send tex messages to get some sort if installation code, and said that sending those text messages would cost about 10 USD ...

you're not downloading the right one.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-14 17:08:09  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Also Hijack this.

you're not downloading the right one.

link to the right one plz then? D:
First Page 2