フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Authenticating DNAS
Authenticating DNAS
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-04 21:04:52  
Asura.Malekith said:
I'm stumped and pretty really given that prior to today I'd had no problems and yet here it is...

All of my login attempts via PS3 (and NO I don't play on PC because I only have a laptop and FF doesn't play well with it) today have met the same end: "Error Code:POL-1558."

So far I can confirm the following:

1. I have not changed nor tampered with anything since I shutdown last night.

2. I'm not logged on, as far as I know Malekith isn't running around naked otw to the AH to liquidate everything I own. I'm not hacked I'm just not able to log on period because PoL is a PoS.

3. Home network is a cable modem (ISP = Time Warner Cable) hooked into a Netgear wireless G router (model = WGR614). The PS3 itself is connected by ethernet cable directly into the router.

4. My internet is working. I know this because I'm posting here via laptop and I was able to get on the PS3's web browser and surf. I also downloaded/installed the lastest firmware upgrade. After completing that task, I did a network test and everything came back fine.

5. Under PoL's Network Config: DNS and IP settings are set to acquire automatically, and MTU is set to normal, host name generated automatically, no idividual router settings, and no proxy.

So ya... I'm stumped... /sigh

{Thats too Bad}
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-04 21:07:44  
Quote:
carlcarl

819 posts
Score: Good
I called Sony on a number I found on their website about DNAS authentication.

I was told that users who had either comcast or Timer warner were having issues.

I was informed that I was just going to have to give them time.

Taken from alla, the Internet does wonders.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-04 21:09:34  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Raen's right;

Took this from this source > http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps2na&message.id=70348

Turns out my ISP (as well a most others I think) only allow one MAC address to connect to the modem. The modem recognizes the MAC address of the first device you connect it too (in my case, this was my PC when my ISP installed everything), and locks the address. So if you unplug your PC from the modem, and connect your PS2 (or any other device) to it, you won't be able to connect since your PC's MAC address is locked in the modem, and it doesn't recognize your PS2's MAC. So unplug the modem for about 3-4 minutes, connect your PS2 to it, and plug it back in. The point of unplugging the modem is to release the MAC lock. The modem will now lock the MAC of the next device you connect it to (your PS2), and you should be able to connect. From here, I just left all settings on automatic (for dynamic IP addresses), and it worked!

Maybe it'll work for you, looks like PS2 forum though

Not going to work it is not the same thing as this, there is a pure *** issue with it. Between comcast users and timer warner , and Se's software. Since it is SOny's software it lies on them to fix it since comcast and POL, like to wash their hands clean of things.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-12-04 22:37:29  
Seriously if this ***isn't working by tomorrow I'm organizing a Pub Crawl for all us disgruntled TWC victims...

As is I'm glad to see we're not all alone... Seriously though, if anyone finds something out or is able to get on, drop me a message.

Hang in there folks!
MSPaint Winner
By DaBackpack 2009-12-05 16:23:48  
I've been having the same problem with DNAS on my PS3. I looked up a similar thread on allakazham and this is not a personal issue with individual computers.
There seems to be a problem with the DNAS and Sony is trying to fix it at the moment.

Speaking of which (sorry if this is off-topic) but do any PS3 users have any problems with Runic Portals in Whitegate?

Whenever I try to use one of them, there is a ~40% chance of my game freezing on the "Downloading Data" screen. The SE guy I talked to said it was a connection issue and blamed it on my wireless connection.
I checked my ports and none of the necessary ones are blocked. It only seems to happen when using the Runic Portals...

But apparently all we need to do is WAIT and Sony might take care of it.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 19:43:34  
Ok people seems that if you call sony you will get ripped in half buy the people there (douches). They seem to have ninja-fixed the problem, and are telling people that they did not try power cycling consoles and appliances off. Load of bull ***because yesterday and day before this was tried by everyone I know. So you can get in now , and I doubt it was only the isp's fault. Bunch of rejects -.-.

Garuda.Nazgrel
サーバ: Garuda
user: Nazgrel
By Garuda.Nazgrel 2009-12-05 22:42:11  
I used to have a freezing problem when zoning, mainly in whitegate, but it seems to have gotten better.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-12-06 01:30:48  
I hadn't had a chance to check till just now, but between Stanflame's post and a few other sources I'd been made aware that the DNAS issue was resolved.

I can personally attest that as of 2:30 AM EST it looks like the DNAS issue was resolved and I'm back on via PS3.

Gotta say a 2 day outage sucks and it raises concerns with me that more of this BS will occur. Totally not looking forward to future outages but at least I know I can play via PC now IF I have to... I'd suggest my fellow PS2/3 console players make similar contingency plans...
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-06 01:38:05  
Not the first time SCEA has done this to people. this has happened before.
 Fairy.Kandu
サーバ: Fairy
user: Kandu
By Fairy.Kandu 2009-12-07 13:28:52  
My issue: Resolved.

DNAS authenticated last night when I logged in about 10:30pm EST.