How I Shot Math, Wolfram|Alpha?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » how I shot math, Wolfram|Alpha?
how I shot math, Wolfram|Alpha?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-03 01:28:07  
For the sake of a change of pace from the recent fare, I thought I'd share what I found to be a really interesting blog post today. Quoting mostly since bloggers can sum up what this is about better than I can:

Quote:
Wolfram Alpha may be a data geek's dream, but if you're not all that interested in its more obscure uses, here's one thing we could all use a little help with: step-by-step math calculations.

Just enter in the equation you want solved (say, for example, Solve 2x3 - 6.543x = x2, then click the Show steps link to see how you could solve the problem yourself next time without the help of Wolfram Alpha. It'll then walk you through all the steps necessary to reach your answer. TI-85, eat your heart out.
FTA:
Quote:
Have you ever given up working on a math problem because you couldn’t figure out the next step? Wolfram|Alpha can guide you step by step through the process of solving many mathematical problems, from solving a simple quadratic equation to taking the integral of a complex function.

When trying to find the roots of 3x2+x–7=4x, Wolfram|Alpha can break down the steps for you if you click the “Show steps” button in the Result pod.
Wolfram|Alpha finds the roots of 3x2+x–7=4x

-[image]-

As you can see, Wolfram|Alpha can find the roots of quadratic equations. Wolfram|Alpha shows how to solve this equation by completing the square and then solving for x. Of course, there are other ways to solve this problem!
More examples and detailed in greater depth in the wolfram blog, strongly suggest checking it out if you're interested in seeing what Wolfram can do, or just interested in seeing the breakdowns performed on the fly!

Blog post: http://lifehacker.com/5417302/wolfram-alpha-teaches-you-math-one-step-at-a-time
Original post: http://blog.wolframalpha.com/2009/12/01/step-by-step-math/
What is Wolfram|Alpha?
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-03 01:42:50  
Kids these days. We had to do this all by HAND. D; IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO STUPIDIFY THE WORLD IN ORDER TO SUBORDINATE IT TO THE CONTROL OF TECHNOLOGY SO THEY BECOME INCREASINGLY DEPENDENT ON IT D: LIKE TV AND IPODS AND FFXI. RESIST, MY BRETHREN!!!!!!

Oops, Caps Lock Key....
 Midgardsormr.October
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: izzlet
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-12-03 01:46:20  
this site is the most amazing site
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-03 01:46:52  
*jawdrop*

...this is amazing

cai, i think you may have just gotten me through math 161
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-03 02:14:21  
I hate math so much, but.... wow. o____o; Too bad I'll never have this save me! ; -; My math is over with!
 Asura.Obsydian
サーバ: Asura
user: Obsydian
By Asura.Obsydian 2009-12-03 02:21:28  
Midgardsormr.October said:

You've solved my life's dilemma. :O
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-03 02:31:59  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Kids these days. We had to do this all by HAND. D; IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO STUPIDIFY THE WORLD IN ORDER TO SUBORDINATE IT TO THE CONTROL OF TECHNOLOGY SO THEY BECOME INCREASINGLY DEPENDENT ON IT D: LIKE TV AND IPODS AND FFXI. RESIST, MY BRETHREN!!!!!!

Oops, Caps Lock Key....
OUTTA THE WAY, GRAMS.
Midgardsormr.October said:
You didn't expect it to give you a choice of Cheeseburger did you? Wolfram is that badass.