users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Remora » soloing jailer of faith? o.o
soloing jailer of faith? o.o
 Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-02 22:50:54  
i wanted to solo jailer of faith. is it possible? and what job would be the best to do so. dont remember if he had +movement speed or not but wiki isn't helping lol.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
サーバ: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-02 22:57:11  
SMN > JoF
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-02 23:11:00  
i know smn can do well against it because of garuda..but can they solo it? O.o granted i only have +8movement speed with smn. i just think mp would be an issue soloing. with pred claws doing about 3% and saying all my P.claws do a full hit for 3% would take 33... >.> seems like that leaves alot of room for mp issues. but idk never tried to solo this. only alliance kill way back in the day
 Unicorn.Frisk
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Frisk
By Unicorn.Frisk 2009-12-02 23:12:50  
solo? sounds sloppy, that area is pretty small, me thinks you'd be eating some breakga's

MNK RDM BRD BRD WHM can do it in about 5~7minutes though, depending on your MNK
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-02 23:18:35  
I'd feel safer doing this on RDM if it was solo. I did duo a while back, I remember it took f'ing ages though lol.

I'm not really sure, with /SCH and meds maybe? But you're prolly right. I really I only recently got SMN to 75, and have more experience doing it as a trio with RDM, SMN, SMN >_>
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-02 23:22:31  
Yeah, I usually trio this as RDM RDM SMN :s I think it'd be scary to solo it...
 Pandemonium.Nalien
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: juro
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2009-12-02 23:58:28  
Wlegs can outrun during Manafont infinitely. (Yes I know this naturally runs faster , but during 2h spell spam it's just no issue with Movement)

When it closes its bulb you should Grav and only then, that way you have alot more time before it will resist your Gravity, assuming you're moderately geared towards dark enfeebling. Couple MP stuffs will make this alot easier as you won't have to way for Convert or Refresh tics to get you back going.

That's for RDM, SMN I have no idea about as I never played that job. BLM+RDM or RDM+RDM can duo this easily in 20ish minutes at most.
[+]
 Fairy.Vylandra
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2009-12-03 02:23:26  
This is actually a fairly easy smn duo. Just bounce hate and kite around the circle accordingly. Give yourself room to avoid breakga and predator claws away.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-03 02:35:06  
Fairy.Vylandra said:
This is actually a fairly easy smn duo. Just bounce hate and kite around the circle accordingly. Give yourself room to avoid breakga and predator claws away.

Yea 2 would probably be enough, was this with /SCH? Might try this just for fun/deathga lol. *shrug* maybe torque will drop.... yah rite..
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2009-12-03 02:46:25  
Wanting to solo is one thing, but wanting to lean to solo on one of the harder jailers is a horrible idea. Any sort of strat would rely heavily on being able to damage it enough for it to start manafonting. rdms can cs nuke and even then i don't think there's been any confirmed solos. aside from bio rr and bio
 Pandemonium.Yov
user: poff
By Pandemonium.Yov 2009-12-03 03:34:20  
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
SMN > JoF

please make a video I want to see if any smn (solo) is good enough to stay alive more than 2 minutes.
And no JoFaith isn't solable, you can duo it but not solo it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-12-03 04:03:58  
damnit... why is there no search function on this site >.>

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5684#277115
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-12-03 06:22:33  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
damnit... why is there no search function on this site >.> http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5684#277115
Look to the left of your members menu.
サーバ: Seraph
user: Goldey
By Seraph.Goldey 2009-12-03 07:27:43  
Was bored one day and had a spare HQ euvhi organ on me so I took RDM/NIN out to go play with JoFaith. First thing I realized was its immune to Poison -.- I was about to say screw it because a DoT kill with Bio II only would have taken ages, but decided to just last as long as I could before it killed me. 95%. 90%, 85%, 80%, and still I hadn't died, but already it had been over an hour. Called in another RDM and we took it down, no drop though.

I'm not going to stand here and say RDM/NIN can solo JoFaith with any kind of certainty. By the time my friend arrived to help me, yes, I had solo'd it down to 75%, but 2 breakgas had gone off. I did find out that RDM's completely obscure resist petrify trait actually has a purpose as it proc'd both times^^

If you want to try and see how far you can take Faith, by all means go for it. It was a very fun experience for me. However if you are completely uncomfortable with RDM kiting/soloing, this would probably be above your level.

Some tips about Faith... It has 2 forms like all euvhi, an open (flower) form and a closed (bulb) form. In the case of most euvhi, while in closed form, they hit for much less, and when in open hit a lot harder. This is the opposite for Faith. When its in closed form, watch out, it hits very hard (300+) and does not cast spells nearly as frequently, meaning it will right up your *** when it starts casting. If its breakga, theres a good chance you're gonna get hit, although its not always the case it CAN be outrun. The key is running on the inner part of the kiting square, and when it casts running to the outside part. If you master that, you're in very good shape. In open form it favors casting a lot, giving you time to build a sizable lead on it while its casting/rebuff yourself/apply bio/nuke it, whatever you're feeling. I only nuked during Stone IV or Quake II casts, both of which are its rarer spells.

You will have to gravity Faith periodically. This should only ever happen during closed form. Movement speed + should suffice for open form. As long as you use it sparingly, gravity should never build resistance. I know a lot of people will be skeptical of what I'm saying, but take it however you will. Never be afraid to try something just because wiki says its impossible! Hope this moves at least one person to give it a shot^^
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-03 08:45:41  
You can't solo it, it's not like it hasn't been tried before. Also it moves about +25-30% speed, if it weren't for the gravity resistance build it wouldn't be difficult at all. If you still wanna do it I recommend zoning it or WHM/BLM with RR3 and Bio.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nalien
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2009-12-03 08:55:08  
Hey Darkanaseur, can you read.
[+]
 Fenrir.Retin
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-12-03 08:56:18  
Assuming Darkanaseur mean you can't solo it on SMN? Because it's clearly do-able by RDM,BLM,SCH using the DoT+teleport method. As RDM/NIN it's also doable like Goldey said. I've done it myself.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-03 10:35:48  
Pandemonium.Nalien said:

Can you? I said you can bio it to death, you can't /NIN kite infinitely. And I dunno about SMN, never tried that
[+]
 Bismarck.Issymo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2009-12-03 11:25:10  
Done this as Rng/nin + Rdm/nin about 6 times takes about 45mins
Rng got most the hate using shadowbind sharpshot barrage and ws..

I seriously think rng could solo it with an understanding of how to move around the tower in time to its casting spells and running far enough from breakga. Movement speed is needed though.

I just grav'd it when got too close to rng and kept bio III on and nuked aero III Grav didnt resist at all it just didnt last as long to the end of the fight.

I did have a youtube vid of the fight but someone deleted it..
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-03 11:35:58  
kk thanks for all the input guys, ive solod/kited on rdm alot. sometimes in fail...still pissed that i actually died to killer jonny last night...worst thing was., rr just wore and he died from bio just after...gah that sucks. lol anyways ill prolly find a way to kill him weather it be two boxing or finding a friend. i dont feel like rr3/bio/die lol.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-12-03 19:00:46  
Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
damnit... why is there no search function on this site >.> http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5684#277115
Look to the left of your members menu. _______________________ |_______________________|Search
Was being sarcastic jackass. Amazing this same exact thing was posted by you just a few weeks ago but people cant search >.>
 Pandemonium.Nalien
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2009-12-04 18:31:39  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Pandemonium.Nalien said:

Can you? I said you can bio it to death, you can't /NIN kite infinitely. And I dunno about SMN, never tried that

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, you can kite it as ???/NIN+12% infinitely if you use one of your braincells or if incapable of doing so then by simply reading what I've said earlier or what Goldey repeated.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Despain
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2009-12-04 19:56:56  
OMG GTFO PANDEMONIUM GAWD
 Pandemonium.Emmitt
user: Davan
By Pandemonium.Emmitt 2009-12-04 20:07:12  
oye des! manda me tu msn.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-12-04 20:07:49  
You mean duo?(Bring a thf :<)

Remora.Eriuddo
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-07 12:19:12  
Good luck kiting it forever with just +12%, it has at least +37% and breakgas will go off eventually. It's very easy to duo, more than that is just for speed.