users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Bahamut Avatar
Bahamut Avatar
 Asura.Oraine
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: crazy00
By Asura.Oraine 2023-12-22 14:30:27  
its 2023 and we still dont have Bahamut avatar. whats up SE?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2023-12-22 16:33:32  
It goes against the lore.
By Tarage 2023-12-22 18:39:02  
With what dev team?
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2024-01-03 16:46:06  
From what i recall hes in the storyline just like Siren is.
By Guyford 2024-01-03 16:53:41  
Phoenix would be next up as the Rhapsodies avatar. Then maybe Bahamut/Chaos in the late 2040s.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-01-03 16:58:14  
Need phoenix and bahamut and removing alex/odin from 1hr only. I can see Bahamut being 1hr only that can break dmg cap but not the rest at this point.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-03 17:55:23  
As cool as it would be, and as desperate as SMN is in need of adjustments/rework.... I doubt we're in any timeline to get any job adjustments from this point on. Sadly
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2024-01-03 19:25:00  
Guyford said: »
Phoenix would be next up as the Rhapsodies avatar. Then maybe Bahamut/Chaos in the late 2040s.
mass arise, sounds dope
[+]
By Draylo 2024-01-03 21:28:10  
We already have that, it would probably be an AOE fire dmg and raise5 if dead. I think thats just no weakness when you get up, so no reraise or it would make cait siths even more useless.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2024-01-03 22:10:31  
Was Chaos ever an avatar in any of the other final fantasies? I only remember him as the boss of FF1?
 Bahamut.Orlanda
サーバ: Bahamut
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2024-01-03 22:15:27  
Bahamut as an SP avatar that lowers enemy defense and raises party PDL dramatically would be a cool nod to its franchise running theme of breaking damage caps.

Like others said would much prefer to have Phoenix as a regular summon and a useful buffer.
By Guyford 2024-01-03 22:30:18  
Asura.Jdove said: »
Was Chaos ever an avatar in any of the other final fantasies? I only remember him as the boss of FF1?

I think chaos was a summon in ff12, but he was sorta just a wind elemental.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-01-04 11:23:12  
In order for them top implement Bahamut as an avatar, they would need to completely overhaul the entire job.

Not that I don't think Smn needs some love after all the nerfs to when you can effectively use it, but since it's technically not broken, it's highly unlikely they will actually address this.

To those suggesting things like removing odin/alex from strictly 1 hour staus and things like adding phoenix and possibly making atmos a real avatar, what are some things you'd like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see diabolos's astral flow changed, and atmos could take his, since he was always about %hp damage in other games.

That also brings up the issue of astral flow and how infrequently the avatar's special moves are even used anymore. Case in point, I had to look up what Siren's move was even called since I've never actually seen it.

I feel like the raw power of their astral flow moves needs to be buffed, give players a reason to use them over AFAC in certain circumstances. Honestly, giving their moves something akin to a helix effect on the mob as well as granting players their associated storm spell could be an interesting change. This however does nothing to deal with the fact that some are just never used, and duplicate elements still wouldn't be desired. they could make it so that when astral flow is active, using the avatar's special move also applied their associated buffs and favor effects on the player for an extended duration. so for example, ifrit would provide his attack boost, double attack and enfire effects. Shiva would apply her TP bonus, MAB, and ice spikes. Also, they should actually take a look at the various buffs provided and bring them into the current meta. Diabolos's dream shroud gives at most 13 mab, that was impactful in the 75 era, but now, not so much. maybe if it was specifically dark elemental mab it would have more merit.

regarding caitsith and the proposed phoenix: give phoenix her signature move, that grants arisega and heavy fire damage to enemies in range, and change caitsith's to something closer to embrava, for the ffxiv platers, something like the blessing of light, max hp/mp +10% and a regen,refresh,regain.

It would also be neat to see astral flow close by having the summoned avatar blast off their ability as the timer runs out.

Sadly, all of these thoughts will fall on deaf ears, I think we all know smn isn't about to get any changes, still fun to think about though.
By Karl87 2024-01-04 11:26:39  
Surprised we never got a HTBF (18 person alliance content or otherwise)
[+]
By Guyford 2024-01-04 11:40:29  
I'd always imagined Phoenix as being both light and fire and having AoE cure/status removal, AoE regen/refresh, regain favor, Firaja, and something like Raise(ga) 5 as SP, with physical piercing bps and banish 5 or something, and maybe something that has an added burn effect.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-01-04 12:31:18  
SMN had their 5 minutes during Aeonics, the same as MNK had their 5 minutes of glory for Tojil.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-04 15:35:29  
You forgot initial Salvage.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-01-04 15:52:36  
I did that like once before just laughing and never going back after "OMG PASS THE CIRRO CUMURLCUCLAPISPAOSS CELLS QUICKLY OMG PASS PASS PASS" freakouts almost the entiRe time on Vent.

I'm pretty sure it was Vent. The one that's a step up, but barely from 2 cans with string.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-01-04 18:48:22  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
You forgot initial Salvage.
I was confused until I realized you were talking about MNK.

SMN in initial salvage was soooo bad. I remember I once accidentally went in with an avatar summoned. No JAs so I couldn't release it, no gear so my perp was trash. It just slowly drained my MP until it was all gone and the avatar finally *** off.

That said, once they added the chest at the start you could function in there solo on SMN and even do better than most jobs.

Anyway, SMN has also had a few other moments in the spotlight. Particularly the AF exp parties were popular for a time, as wyrm killers (Tiamat & Vrtra especially), and also as awesome stunners for Arch Dynamis Lord. I feel like I'm forgetting another big one too...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.