フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Profit in 2023
Profit in 2023
 Bahamut.Xeones
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2023-12-03 22:58:33  
Hiya all

Just starting crafting up again, and super excited to have fun in this part of the game. Nice distraction from the sortie grind.

I'm just curious, i've been trying to figure out which shield to work on, and having trouble.

Can someone give me a short list on top 3-4 crafts/profit wise? I'm not looking to edge someones market, just dont want to go down a path and at the end be holding a worthless shield.

I've searched the site/AH, just kind of so much information all spread out.

My friend is working on goldsmithing, so i was gonna avoid that one.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-04 00:44:26  
Probably depends a lot on your server, since prices vary quite a bit based on competition. I'd start by looking at su5/su4 weapon prices for each shield, sale rates, and then look at the same for su3 gear and jse necks.

Off hand, I'd say smithing is probably the best option, though competition is likely to be fierce so YMMV
By Seun 2023-12-04 00:47:39  
Escutcheon is more of a project for those who already have money, not those looking to make it. I guess they're all kinda 'worthless' in that regard. The investment cast is so high that it's likely more than what you wanted to spend the profits from the shield on anyway.

Not trying to deter you, but that was my logic in considering whether or not to build one. I ultimately decided I'd rather use my time in game playing FFXI instead of Sweatshop Simulator.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-04 12:26:16  
Seun said: »
Escutcheon is more of a project for those who already have money, not those looking to make it. I guess they're all kinda 'worthless' in that regard. The investment cast is so high that it's likely more than what you wanted to spend the profits from the shield on anyway.

It may depend on how long you have the shield for but this has definitely not been my experience. I keep track of every material spent and every item crafted and I've made more profit than I spent on the shield (in some cases by an extremely large margin).

Seun said: »
Not trying to deter you, but that was my logic in considering whether or not to build one. I ultimately decided I'd rather use my time in game playing FFXI instead of Sweatshop Simulator.

This is a very large factor. Depending how much you want to cheat/bot, it is an extremely large amount of work, even setting aside the gil. It's not fun and is extremely tedious, which you should factor and is in my opinion a much bigger deal than the gil.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Tsukki
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2024-01-03 02:09:13  
Bahamut.Xeones said: »

My friend is working on goldsmithing, so i was gonna avoid that one.
Sucks, cuz I'd say that's the best one at least for Leviathan.
From personal experience, I'd recommend Leathercraft or Clothcraft.
Why? Because they are the easiest to get ingredients for.
Leathercraft: Most profits come from accessories, but they are cost effective and can mostly be farmed or cheaply purchased from AH. Additionally, you can profit from the Faulpie Leathers alone (again, server dependent, so check that)
Clothcraft: Even easier to farm ingredients for, and tend to be profitable on ingredients alone since most are for upgrades or other crafts. Used to craft important mage neckpieces, and also profits from accessories. Only downside is the Weavers' Torque is a pain in the *** to farm. (I'm 0 for like 1k boxes I swear and at least 48 hrs of non stop farming)
Both of these are also efficient to level.
I'd not recommend Alchemy or Woodworking, since their ingredients can be a pain to farm, although are fairly profitable as well if you can get them high enough. Alchemist Torque is also a huge pain since it isn't effected by the Kupowers.
I hope this is useful for you ^^
[+]