SP Recast Reduction Through Evoliths.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » SP recast reduction through Evoliths.
SP recast reduction through Evoliths.
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-24 18:20:56  
Hey all. Is there anybody who ever bothered doing this themselves that wants to chat a bit? I'm trying to understand a few things for documentation purpose (I have no intention of doing it myself) but the information on this stuff is sparse at best and completely absent at worst. Thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-24 20:54:21  
I'm probably one of the few around that have done it and/or was there for it.

It seems extremely ridiculous, but you can explain it in like 3 sentences.

Get the gear, 3 mordants, synergize slot 1EmptyTriangleUp/2DoubleCircle/3FilledTriangleUp

Go start the hunt (only 1 appropriate mob with 6 size per job) and obtain the Evolith, Triangle/Circle 1~8 Size

Syngerize it into the slot.

(You only need 2 slots and doublecircle for just 2hour-)
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-09-24 21:14:24  
Not sure if you've looked at this but this is about the most I've ever seen about it:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Evolith

I've always wondered about the Soul Voice one.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-24 21:18:23  
Nothing to wonder, you just get recast -X/2 minutes

It's a novel thing to have 40 minute 2hours, but limited use. Most things you just MMM it back.
By Felgarr 2023-09-25 01:09:26  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nothing to wonder, you just get recast -X/2 minutes

It's a novel thing to have 40 minute 2hours, but limited use. Most things you just MMM it back.

I wouldn't dismiss it so easily, I'd love to get my one-hour back in Sortie at 6-minute time remaining, vs 1-minute time remaining.

Edit: Old Wiki has a trove of info on evoliths that I didn't know about it. It's not stated their explicitly but is -5 minutes even possible? Those columns are technically blank.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-25 01:14:59  
I've done the Evoliths recently, for WC reduction. They are reduced in half from the original potency (each -1 is worth 30 seconds instead of 1 minute), and they do stack with each other. I never found a WC-3, but I have a few -2s and some -1s.

With a -2 stone and three -1 stone, the reduction is 2m30s. Probably not worth carrying around 4 more pieces of gear, but MAYBE you could get it to -2 on head, -3 on body, -1 on hands/legs for a total of -3.5 minutes, with some luck.

This must be done with extreme care, because you're putting on 4 pieces of non-item level gear to do it.

I personally chose not to use the gear because it's not worth it for me, but might be worth it for you. If you have other questions on how it works or how to do it, let me know.

You could put 5 pieces on, but the relic boots (WC) or legs (SV) are probably preferrable for their effects.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-09-25 01:23:32  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I've done the Evoliths recently, for WC reduction. They are reduced in half from the original potency (each -1 is worth 30 seconds instead of 1 minute), and they do stack with each other. I never found a WC-3, but I have a few -2s and some -1s.

With a -2 stone and three -1 stone, the reduction is 2m30s. Probably not worth carrying around 4 more pieces of gear, but MAYBE you could get it to -2 on head, -3 on body, -1 on hands/legs for a total of -3.5 minutes, with some luck.

This must be done with extreme care, because you're putting on 4 pieces of non-item level gear to do it.

I personally chose not to use the gear because it's not worth it for me, but might be worth it for you. If you have other questions on how it works or how to do it, let me know.

You could put 5 pieces on, but the relic boots (WC) or legs (SV) are probably preferrable for their effects.

Man, SE sure knows how to underwhelm. Amirite?
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-09-25 09:40:58  
for SV nitro songs, maybe worth considering when you factor in Cutting Cards. rolling a 6 on a freshly used 45 min SP puts you at roughly 13.5 min recast. a couple minute reduction could shave another minute off after CC, give or take depending on how strong your augments are. of course there’s tricks like waiting to buff til the end of your ability durations so that you could overlap rebuffs, but might make that overlap more comfortable considering song durations hit around 12 min.

pretty niche and novel use that’s contingent on a lot of conditions though for sure