言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » News » Windower v4 - Dev Tracker
Windower v4 - Dev Tracker
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-14 13:35:24  
Greetings, adventurers. Windower team here!

Welcome to the "Windower v4 - Dev Tracker" thread.
While Windower v5 is on the horizon, Windower v4 is still very much actively mantained, but after the closure of windower forums there hasn't been a central hub to announce all the updates to Windower itself and its collection of addons and plugins.
This thread is now going to be that place.

What is Windower?

For those who may be new here - hey, don't laugh, there's still returners and new player joining the game - Windower is a powerful third-party launcher and enhancement tool for Final Fantasy XI, able to provide a variety of features, plugins, and addons that enhance gameplay, add features to the game interface, and generally make life in Vana'diel more enjoyable.

I'm not sure I get it really

The Windower Experience is composed of three parts:

- The Launcher: this is Windower itself, launches the game for you, lets you launch more than one instance of FFXI at once, lets you use Addons and Plugins, lets you save configuration Profiles, and so on.

- Addons: written in Lua, open source, take advantage of the Windower Lua API, and are the main providers of additional functionality to FFXI. Windower hosts a number of "official addons" that are downloadable directly from the launcher itself. At the same time, there's an endless supply of unofficial addons, written by third-party developers, that can be found by searching the internet. Many have dedicated threads here on FFXIAH itself.

- Plugins: closed-source and only available in .dll format, they provide functionalities that cannot be provided through the Windower Lua API. Nowadays most plugins have an equivalent addon that provides the same features, but there's a few notable exceptions.

I'm still confus D:

This thread is not the place for bug reports, feature suggestions, FAQs, explanations, clarifications, etc, so if you still have doubts here's a few places where you can continue learning about Windower, or request support with whatever issue you might have:

Windower Official Website
Windower GitHub
Windower Discord

Feel free to click on these links in-depth information and support. Now, I don't know how to finish this post, but I believe the last sentence should be something like this:

Enjoy your time in Vana'diel!

Sincerely,
- the Windower Dev Team
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-14 14:03:11  
A few of the latest changes, as an example of what this thread is for:

Addons:
- Itemizer: by default, the addon will now stack the destination bag if it detects that you moved a partial stack of a stackable item. In other words: if your case contains 45 plutons, and you move 30 more into it, itemizer will stack them together. This behavior can be turned off (//itemizer as), or invoked manually (//stack)
- Gearswap: fixed a bug that appeared when unloading a job profile with a bad file_unload() function.
- Setbgm: added a //setbgm find <name> command that lets you search songs by name. Any partial string works (e.g.: //setbgm find memor).
- Setbgm: added a "No Music" song with ID 0 (e.g.: //setbgm 0), it functionally lets you turn off music for the given type
- Pointwatch: fixed an issue that made PointWatch not save settings passed to it ingame (e.g.: //pv pos 0 0 would correctly move the addon to the given position, but not save the new value)

Plugins:
- Timers: added correct timers to songs sung with Loughashade; fixed duration of some SMN buffs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-09-14 15:12:39  
Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this - Without Windower I might not even play ffxi
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-10 08:21:00  
Known Issues (Nov 2023)

Hey all, quick post to share with everybody that we know organizer does not work, invtracker returns errors, porter and porterpacker choke, and that in general the new items and debuffs are not parseable lua-side. Selindrile's gearswap suite is especially affected.

Basically, SE introduced a bug with the latest patch that makes all Storage Slip past 20 appear as just "." in your inventory. For this reason we haven't pushed the updated resource files to windower.

We're waiting for SE to fix the Storage Slips bug before pushing new resources, which will fix most of the errors everyone is having.

Please look forward to it™ and We appreciate your patience™
[+]
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2023-11-10 08:33:54  
OK, glad it wasn't just me, I saw the storage slip thing and was like WTF man?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 08:41:52  
How did organizer break? Unless I'm not using it to its full potential, mine has been working fine. But I dont have extra wardrobes and I dont use storage slips for my active jobs.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-11-10 08:56:52  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
How did organizer break? Unless I'm not using it to its full potential, mine has been working fine. But I dont have extra wardrobes and I dont use storage slips for my active jobs.
It will work fine until you get a new item that is not in windower's resources, like an impish box.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-11-14 00:19:49  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
any reason why this would have broken with the last patch?

Do you have any of the new items? Chocobo chair, the adamantite body, impish box etc. all *** with many lua functions if you have them in your inventory. Most of the luas scan your inventory and have no idea what the *** the new items are since they aren't defined in them and it will break a lot of functions and/or just constantly spit out errors.

Nothing you can do about the *** KI chair, but you can put the others in your sack, storage etc. and it will be fine. Just keep it out of inventory and wardrobes.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-14 06:19:34  
i threw together a corrected dat in case SE continues to drag their feet on it:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57561/storage-slip-dat-mod/#3683675
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-14 09:28:18  
People, let's be tidy and please let's keep this thread clean for windower updates and the discussion of windower updates.

For discussions about windower bugs and code development you're welcome to come and ask in the windower discord, or to open a new thread in the appropriate forum section. For discussion about game bugs I don't know where you want to go but please not in here.

Thanks.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
i threw together a corrected dat in case SE continues to drag their feet on it:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57561/storage-slip-dat-mod/#3683675

Thanks Thorny, this will definitely come in handy as SE doesn't seem to be too bothered by the bug - maybe because it's only visual?

Regardless, we're updating windower resources manually so addons stop erroring, please look forward to itTM.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-14 11:14:01  
Windower Resources have been updated!

The new buffs and items should no longer cause any errors. Just reload windower then reload all addons (or close and reopen FFXI) to get the update.

The slips are still broken, use Thorny's custom DAT until SE gets their slips together: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57561/storage-slip-dat-mod/#3683675
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-14 18:11:15  
There was a small hiccup in the pushing of new resources. Now they're published. If you have been getting errors between my previous message and this one, just relaunch windower and it'll be fixed.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Lili 2024-02-19 18:43:47  
Windower Dev is broken!

We know. We're working on it. Give us some time. In the meantime, backup your addons folder then use Windower Stable version.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-02-21 02:24:13  
The issue is resolved. Carry on everyone!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-21 05:17:32  
Is the new gamepad button not working going to be fixed or is it a big deal to do?
VIP
By Lili 2024-02-21 05:43:33  
RadialArcana said: »
Is the new gamepad button not working going to be fixed or is it a big deal to do?

It's being worked on, but the way SE made it work is dumb so the fix is going take a while. EventuallyTM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-02-21 11:05:28  
Odds for windower v5 or gamepad fix happening first? :D
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-02-22 06:25:46  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Odds for windower v5 or gamepad fix happening first? :D

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Lili 2024-04-04 07:41:23  
Known Issues:

- On SE's part: Slips are broken again. The patch by Thorny works again.

- Windower Dev: Gearswap and Shortcuts might be non-functional, the `all` functionality in superwarp is broken. Other addons might also not be working. This is temporary and is due to a change in core libraries. This is limited to the Dev version, so switch to Live for the time being. Or revert your strings.lua to a previous versions if you know how to do it. This should be resolved in a day or two.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-04-05 09:19:55  

Addon updates!

The send addon has been refactored and updated:
- the addon now properly supports strings containing double quotes. //send @all /item "Abdhaljs Seal" <me> works directly, without the need for backslashes or other workarounds. Rejoice!
- a debug functionality has been added. //send @debug on to turn it on (and off to turn it off). When turned on, the text being sent/received is print to the chatlog, which can be useful in some cases. Default is off.
- two new targets have been added:
@party targets all local characters in the same party (irrespective of where they are),
@zone targets all characters in the same zone as the sender.
- PLANNED but not implemented yet: send might eventually support more targets (@alliance, @notparty, @notzone, etc), just not yet.

For developers: the strings library has been expanded with new encoding-aware functions, supporting strings encoded in ascii, utf8, or shift-jis. These replace stock string functions (it, find, match, gmatch, gsub, split) and are especially important when dealing with user-inputed text, to better support japanese users (but not only). Refer to https://github.com/Windower/Lua/edit/dev/addons/libs/strings.lua for details over the implementations.
[+]