Is Laevateinn Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Is Laevateinn worth it?
Is Laevateinn worth it?
 Bahamut.Orlanda
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-08-01 18:44:22  
Hi all,

I won a catseye from the last bonanza and have many of the mythic requirements already done, so I was eyeing which mythic I wanted to pursue.

I was planning on making the prime weapon but it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to farm that anytime soon; in the meantime I was eyeing Laev as a potential upgrade from my trusty r15 Marin Staff +1.

Has anyone made a similar upgrade and are they seeing considerable results that they felt was worth the investment? I'm sure AM maintenance adds a lot into the equation too that would pump up my free nukes and MBs.

Thanks all :)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-01 19:05:33  
Right now im throwing some beits on my laev, but everytime i look at marin staff, i always feel like im kinda wasting resouces.

Marin is so complete, thats hard is hard to justify an ivestiment where it will only eventually be profitable once the laev is augmented and with AM3.

Aside those condition, i feel like only if lacking macc.

Finally, depending on target, you can already cap dmg with marin, making even more pointless the instment in laev.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-01 19:25:16  
Laevateinn's MAcc is very important for sortie and Ody content. If you're willing to put up a 2950 TP AM2 it will beat Marin handily. Also, a properly buffed Vidohunir will hit for 60-70k on anything weak to Leaden.

That said, you can get away with Marin and be perfectly fine. It's not game breaking or required. I'd put it in the "nice to have" category. It's also one of the mythics that needs to be R15'd or definitely don't bother.
[+]
 Bahamut.Orlanda
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-08-01 19:39:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Laevateinn's MAcc is very important for sortie and Ody content. If you're willing to put up a 2950 TP AM2 it will beat Marin handily. Also, a properly buffed Vidohunir will hit for 60-70k on anything weak to Leaden.

That said, you can get away with Marin and be perfectly fine. It's not game breaking or required. I'd put it in the "nice to have" category. It's also one of the mythics that need to be R15'd or definitely don't bother.
Thanks for this, this is exactly the kind of anecdotes I was hoping to hear. Do you happen to have your vido set handy?
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-01 20:43:17  
This is what I use at the moment:

Quote:
sets.precast.WS['Vidohunir'] = {
ammo={ name="Ghastly Tathlum +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
head="Pixie Hairpin +1",
body={ name="Nyame Mail", augments={'Path: B',}},
hands="Wicce Gloves +3",
legs="Wicce Chausses +3",
feet={name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
neck={ name="Src. Stole +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
left_ear="Malignance Earring",
right_ear="Regal Earring",
left_ring="Archon Ring",
right_ring="Cornelia's Ring",
back={ name="Taranus's Cape", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}, --WSD Better
}
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
サーバ: Asura
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2023-08-01 21:04:31  
I love my Laev R15. AM2 all the things. Don’t forget about using Elemental Seal when it’s off CD too!
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-08-01 21:30:56  
I also prefer my Laev R15 quite often in Odyssey and Sortie. In sortie, I don't even need to use Vidohunir for AM2 but we regularly kill all 8 bosses extremely quickly. Odyssey is a different story/group altogether.

I personally prefer REMAD weapons for event-based weapons, because I know SE likes to introduce meta/shiny weapons that invalidate the current meta or BiS. (i.e. Mythics have a lot of staying power, but Raetic weapons were hot for a few months, I think).

My biggest concern about Laevateinn, when compared to Marin Staff +1 is that Marin gives you +20 INT differential at the cost of ~5 M.Acc and ~2 MAB. However...Laevateinn has +269 vs Marin's +228 Magic Accuracy skill. That +41 M.Accuracy skill can't be recouped anywhere else but the weapon slot.

So, for me, the INT differential exists, but so far hasn't been an issue for me keeping up or exceeding others, in terms of DPS. Having said that, you'll need to R15 BLM mythic to remain competitive.

Speculation and Conjecture: Now, keep in mind, it's entirely possible that Magic Accuracy Skill+, only obtained through the weapon slot, perhaps improves nukes that land as 2nd-place or 3rd-place in a Nuke Wall Magic Burst situation. I don't know if players can answer this definitively, but I also don't know if it's been tested.

Hypothetically, to be certain of the above situation and to speculate on the effect of +41 Magic Accuracy skill difference, some 2-3 FFXI mathematicians with both weapons would have to do some testing. (At the moment, it is just my made-up guess that I did not base on any reality, just my small amount of faith in SE and some anecdotal evidence).

Having said that, make the mythic but you'll have to R15 it! And congrats on the Cat's Eye! This is a good problem to have. :)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Orlanda
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-10-13 10:52:40  
I should have updated my thread a while back when I first r15'd my Laev, thank you guys very much for the tips! Laev has been a HUGE boost for my BLM in Sortie content, the extra macc and AM2's huge boost to magic damage has me consistently capping damage on MBs now. Definitely worth doing!

I also didn't realize how fun it'd be to AM3 melee on BLM, here's the melee set I dig using:

ItemSet 393178
[+]