Gearswap Gear Fallback Option?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Gearswap gear fallback option?
Gearswap gear fallback option?
By Eno87 2023-06-30 16:51:59  
I'm running multiboxing and some accounts have some of the same jobs but not the same gear,
does gearswap offer a way to implement a gear fallback if current gear is not available?

it would save me a great deal to focus on 1 gearswap file instead of doing 1 for each char.
By drakefs 2023-06-30 21:05:32  
I do not know of a way that would actually make it easier or faster to manage. I have never seen any lua that has implemented fallback equipping per piece.

I would suggest asking in the Windower discord, if you have not already.
 Bismarck.Yvan
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2023-06-30 21:22:35  
Assuming you keep the fallback gear in the main you could just do a job file and sidecar files for the specific chars.
By drakefs 2023-07-01 15:15:19  
I suppose you could use set_combine() to achieve the desired result. I am not sure if there is a max number of sets you can combine.
Code
sets.precast.WS = set_combine(sets.base.WS, sets.char1.WS, sets.char2.WS, sets.char3.WS,...,sets.char10.WS)

You would still need to define the base set and the fallback items in each char set but it should work. Just note, the further back a set is, in set_combine(), the higher priority that set has (what ends up being equipped).