We're Making A Siren Server Discord

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » We're making a Siren Server Discord
We're making a Siren Server Discord
By Shuko 2023-06-19 01:20:25  
Things have been pretty slow on Siren of late yeah? Had many groups transfer servers, lots of statics form for Sortie and kinda isolate away. Its been more silent then ever. So...

After talking to all the English speaking Linkshell leaders I am aware of, most of them agree this was worth a shot. We all may have different values, Time zones we operate in, or goals? but if we unite, and share our info more clearly, the hope is we all can group and work together better

Some players are very endgame far stronger then most players and have niche goals, others are new and aspiring, and learning. Many in the middle. Lets all share a space so its not so segmented ok?

Not breaking up any shell events here or anything, in fact many linkshell info is posted on this discord, and if yours in not let us know, we'd love to add it so people know all their options.

The hope is, more groups for that six man stuffs, the ambu's the seg farms, the odd timed sorties, and less standin around with nothing to do, or the endless solo grind.

Or if you have no linkshell events to do alliance stuff with? You might find the info you need here

Invite link: https://discord.gg/a8yD7EMfCk

Thanks again guys, this might not work? but most of us agreed its worth a shot!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-19 13:56:41  
I'll give it a shot and move to siren.
Do you guys do anything in EU friendly timings/ or are there any people from EU on siren?
regardless, respect for taking the initiative to try and create a community and bring back the social aspects of XI.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-06-19 16:22:00  
If Siren is anything like Valefor, you probably have a bunch of different people from different linkshells who end up doing a lot of different content together like Sortie and Odyssey. Maybe you have your own list of people to look up when your static is missing someone. A discord for your little community seems like a great idea and I hope it works out for you.
[+]
By Shuko 2023-06-19 18:41:14  
There is a small amount of EU players? I would say its a heavier JP and NA server though compared to
By Murdock 2023-06-20 15:13:05  
I posted this on the Siren Server Community FB page, hopefully it'll get some traction there.
[+]
By Shuko 2023-06-21 14:47:28  
thanks!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [244 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By K123 2024-02-20 13:15:20  
200-250 people online? How is that even a server?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By K123 2024-02-20 15:19:06  
Asura is 2400-2800 across the day outside of free login. Most afk and mules but still.... probably 300+ players where 200-250 logged in is probably 60.
By Godfry 2024-02-20 18:29:34  
Pffttt.... Come join Asura. /seal all returns 500k every time. Can't even do oddy cause line is 78 people...
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-02-20 23:02:36  
Melucine said: »
K123 said: »
200-250 people online? How is that even a server?

I have no idea which region weighs more heavily. For example, I've done some experiments over the years to check which server in terms of population is optimal for European players.

If we take Odin as an example, it's the 2nd or 3rd largest server according to https://www.ffxiah.com/database. However, during EU playtime it never cracks 1000, usually around 600 during our peak hours.

Compared to Bahamut which at lowest goes down to 900 on a slow day and usually around 1100-1300 on a weekend.
I haven't done any testing on Asura since I left in 2017 but it was always in the 4 digits.

On Odin, most of that population during EU/NA time will be AFK people, bots, or JP.

As of last year, I’d estimate only about 400-500 active EU/NA on Odin (I can’t speak about rn). I assume it's only gotten more sparse for the PUG community. On Odin, Sortie and V25 Ody seemed to kill the PUG crowd.

Odin discord has 266 people on it. I will do a Demographic survey to determine activity and report back.
By Zehira 2024-02-21 00:03:43  
Asura as always the last server to be considered dead.
By BlackmoreKnight 2024-02-21 02:31:00  
There's maybe one EN Sortie 4 or 6 boss PUG every 3-4 days on Odin depending on if the few EN groups regularly running it need someone and no LS is biting. I have never seen a segment farm PUG start on Odin in the past two-three months I've been on the server, and D/VD Ambuscade PUGs are incredibly rare even if the month is easy like this month. I think the EN community is just rather tight-knit on Odin and everyone is maybe one to two degrees of separation away from everyone else if you're in the few big EN LSs on the server.

I see JP PUG shouts for things all the time so that side of the server is still plenty healthy, though.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
サーバ: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-02-21 08:27:35  
For Pugs, Asura is way ahead, and the server is likely way healthier that what people realize. They shout it all over, sortie, segs, NM, shinryu…. You will find something to do fast just waiting for the shouts (yes the merc, just silence those). Now for the server wide discord, it’s a great idea, but how many ppl really play over there with those numbers? 60? 100? The others are mules/alts/bots so there’s little chance you can’t communicate already, but still a great idea.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-02-24 20:25:50  
BlackmoreKnight said: »
I see JP PUG shouts for things all the time so that side of the server is still plenty healthy, though.

Imo, the JP are not a good metric for PUGing on Odin.

They will almost never allow a non-JP speaker into their groups for Ody or Sortie --- which is the content most people care about today.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-02-24 20:33:52  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Odin discord has 266 people on it. I will do a Demographic survey to determine activity and report back.

From all members, we had at most 38 respondents as of 2/24/2024.

The following survey questions were asked / answered (in terms of # of votes):

Do you have an Active FFXI subscription?
Yes --- 30
No --- 14

Is your main character on Odin?
Yes --- 38
No --- 3

Do you play another MMORPG? (Ex: WoW, FFXIV, Runescape, Maplestory, Guild Wars 2, New World, Neverwinter, The Elder Scrolls Online, etc)
Yes --- 18
No --- 21
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-02-24 20:57:14  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Do you play another MMORPG? (Ex: WoW, FFXIV, Runescape, Maplestory, Guild Wars 2, New World, Neverwinter, The Elder Scrolls Online, etc)
[+]
By BlackmoreKnight 2024-02-24 20:59:51  
Quote:

That's fair, yes. Their presence to me as a westerner is essentially just as something that stocks the AH and buys my stuff. Otherwise, Odin has the vibe of a low population server (in relation to Bahamut and especially Asura) for a westerner except the AH actually works. I have not had any interactions with the JP side of the server for either good or bad.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-02-24 21:24:19  
BlackmoreKnight said: »
Quote:

That's fair, yes. Their presence to me as a westerner is essentially just as something that stocks the AH and buys my stuff. Otherwise, Odin has the vibe of a low population server (in relation to Bahamut and especially Asura) for a westerner except the AH actually works. I have not had any interactions with the JP side of the server for either good or bad.

Odin for NA PUG feels more like Quetz, Valefor, or Lakshmi to me ngl.

For JP its prob like Asura, except actual ppl and not RMT lol.

I had a JP buddy who used to let me come along, but for the most part the JP will either ignore your /tells or say 'jp only' in relation to Ody or Sortie. I used to play a lot during JP times and that was my experience.

That being said, JP would join your shouts sometimes and there were indeed some very nice JP folks on the server.