users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Merits - Group 2
Merits - Group 2
 Asura.Minski
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jaga
By Asura.Minski 2023-06-01 20:20:11  
I have an interesting situation that GMs ping pong me between online and in game support, and now they've guided me to asking other players...

My BLM group 2 merits

https://ibb.co/7vc9kzk

What they should be, according to everyone/everything

https://ibb.co/yfbRwMW

Anyone have a clue why my merit options are not updated? These switched in June 2019.

Thanks in advance!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-01 20:57:05  
Did you use an old XIView or something? No idea how you could have the old merits still.
 Asura.Minski
By Asura.Minski 2023-06-01 21:15:18  
just updated these - no fix.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-06-01 23:41:59  
Off topic but this makes me wonder when exactly those merits were changed. I tried to find it on BG Wiki but nothing was listed specifically or simply wasn't updated. That should have been the same update that took RDM Enspell IIs off the merit list right? What year was that?
By Foxfire 2023-06-02 00:12:07  
2019. June for BLM, August for RDM, May for WHM.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-06-02 00:35:04  
Foxfire said: »
2019. June for BLM, August for RDM, May for WHM.
Ahh, I do remember it being fairly "Recent" but couldn't remember for the life of me lol. Thank you.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-06-02 06:18:11  
Yup, all of the meritable spells now drop from various sources. They couldn't just strip people of their marit points, so they tried to just copy and paste the numbers. It clearly wasn't a perfect strat, but there you have it lol. I think that was around the same time they adjusted the mp cost of black magic, of which I 'm having some difficulty finding.
 Asura.Minski
By Asura.Minski 2023-06-02 07:07:23  
So I was able to log on my friend's account and did discover it's some form of user-side DAT issue. I'll just set it and forget it based on what I should be seeing. Very odd! Thanks all.
By RadialArcana 2023-06-02 07:48:19  
When you download XIview you're downloading a version of the UI files for the current build of the game that have been modified, if you download an old Xiview then you're downloading an old version of the UI with lots of stuff missing.

This is one of the few mods that have to be updated when the devs update that part of the game to add any kind of UI feature, you can tell if they do that because it overwrites the mods.

A file check should of fixed it, since they always check those files knowing people mod the ui.