Trust Combo's For Magic Buffs/Debuffs

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Trust Combo's for Magic Buffs/Debuffs
Trust Combo's for Magic Buffs/Debuffs
By Kasumuni88 2023-03-30 10:35:17  
Curious if there is a combination of trusts you could pull out that would magically debuff the mob and also buff you to hit those higher burst numbers.

Everyone knows the melee combos, but is there any setups that would work for you to be up front, and others to be working their spells?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-30 11:13:19  
You really only get Star-Sybl and Arciela I does MAB+ temporarily

Matsui-P does burn... Naja does a MBD- ws
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-03-30 11:45:02  
Monbro also does Mix: Elemental Power, Excenmille (S) Stag's Call is 15 MAB
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-30 11:58:12  
The real question is: "Are there COR or GEO trusts that will improve my magical damage?", and outside of Star Sibyl's aura none are going to be constant. Some other "occasional" MAB buffs are mentioned above- even Sylvie doesn't behave and mixes in unneeded Focus and the like around "sometimes" giving an Acumen (and yes, a GEO(trust or real) using Acumen stacks with Star Sibyl's aura even though both are the same icon.

SE from day one never gave us a good COR, period. Quldata is at best tolerable for melee times if you're not using a mythic (his fighter's roll frustrates the hell out of me!), and I've never seen him use Wizard's Roll (not saying he can't because I don't use him much, but typically if I'm on a mage he just tosses Evoker's as his /nod to magic).

Work on at least basic TP sets for meleeing and work with a trust like Matsui-P or Ayame then burst off them- or if you really want to go crazy in that direction, building to 3- and 4-step chains solo is possible if your trusts behave (giving you a haste2 and a march), increasing your burst damage. About the best way I've found to solo EP.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-30 12:17:39  
Yet another chapter in the encyclopedia titled "SE Hates Mage Jobs"?
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-03-30 13:56:46  
Iroha II self skillchains lot and even does 4 steps so use her, Val, ulmia, joachim, Koru-Moru and a whm trust and you will be MBing a lot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-30 13:57:44  
Luzaf is by far the most realistic buffer. He just AFKs the way an actual player would
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-30 13:59:07  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
The real question is: "Are there COR or GEO trusts that will improve my magical damage?", and outside of Star Sibyl's aura none are going to be constant. Some other "occasional" MAB buffs are mentioned above- even Sylvie doesn't behave and mixes in unneeded Focus and the like around "sometimes" giving an Acumen (and yes, a GEO(trust or real) using Acumen stacks with Star Sibyl's aura even though both are the same icon.

SE from day one never gave us a good COR, period. Quldata is at best tolerable for melee times if you're not using a mythic (his fighter's roll frustrates the hell out of me!), and I've never seen him use Wizard's Roll (not saying he can't because I don't use him much, but typically if I'm on a mage he just tosses Evoker's as his /nod to magic).

Work on at least basic TP sets for meleeing and work with a trust like Matsui-P or Ayame then burst off them- or if you really want to go crazy in that direction, building to 3- and 4-step chains solo is possible if your trusts behave (giving you a haste2 and a march), increasing your burst damage. About the best way I've found to solo EP.

Having used Qultada a *** ton, I can tell you that he does not use Wizard's Roll.

His default rolls are always Chaos / Fighter's, unless you have Dedication from an EXP band up (so if you don't want Fighter's use an EXP band). Once you use EXP band, he uses Corsair's Roll in place of Fighter's Roll. When any mage in the party gets low on MP, be they Trust or player, he will use Evoker's Roll regardless of what it overwrites. If player accuracy is lower than mob evasion, AT THE TIME HE CAN ROLL, he will do Hunter's Roll. This leads to oddities such as him doing Hunter's Roll right after the player has been afflicted with Flash. I have never seen him use any other combos.

Outside of rolls, he WSes with whatever he feels like whenever he has TP. He only uses Light and Dark Shots. Dark Shot is quite favorable, because he uses it faster than players can react when a mob buffs themselves. Light though, he tries to use as an interrupt, and it's usually a waste of a Quickdraw.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-03-30 15:10:38  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Light though, he tries to use as an interrupt, and it's usually a waste of a Quickdraw.

Small addendum, he also uses it to buff Dia. Easy to miss him doing it but he does it reliably for my RDM.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-03-30 16:21:24  
Lili said: »
Small addendum, he also uses it to buff Dia.

Does it whenever Koru-Moru casts Dia3 too. Which he will not do if anyone else casts dia or dia2, keep in mind.