Vista Problem... I Think.. (Help Me Out)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Vista problem... i think.. (Help me out)
Vista problem... i think.. (Help me out)
 Asura.Maynardjames
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Maynardjames 2009-10-13 20:57:40  
ok so my mom got a new pc and i play ffxi on old junker... only problem is it has vista on it and it dont like me.... nor do i like it. anyways i downloaded the vista patch and everything. all is well till i hit the play button and when its saposted to go into full screen mode it just goes back to POL every time. any ideas whats the problem? i tried the POL "Check Files" tool and tried to play in windowed mode, even tried windower just too if it worked.... nothing... hep me out if you have any ideas, and ty too all you too time to read this.

~MJ
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-13 21:01:15  
Did you get a message that there was a Direct3D error? If so, you can try getting Catalyst Control Center if you have an ATI Graphics card. It worked for me when I switched back to XP.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-13 21:02:32  
switch your OS to XP, that will save you from the headaches.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-13 21:03:16  
This doesn't pertain specifically to what you're asking for, but this guide also helps to get XI working in Vista, despite being a windower4vista guide. Hopefully it has something that helps: http://windower.net/guides/vista_guide
 Shiva.Clowdd
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-13 21:08:52  
Out of curiosity, did you set the .exe to run in XP sp2 mode?

If not, go to the PO folder & Right click the PO.exe file then goto properties. Once there click on the compatibility tab & check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and put the drop down window on XP service pack 2.

Then do the same for the FFXI.exe file.

I had similar problems that you had & after doin that it solved it.

So hope that works.

*ninja edit*: what caiyuo posted is what i was talkin about. if you don't want to use windower, then use that guide to set the compatibility mode.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-13 21:12:13  
I usually right-click FFXI and "Run as Administrator" (about the 3rd option down on the right-click menu); hope this helps! :)
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
サーバ: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-10-13 22:13:57  
I play ffxi in vista with the "Run as Administrator"(or log in as admin and it askes me if i want to run this program and i say yes, i hear you can stop it from asking you this question but i don't know how) i also use the ffxi window mode from ffxi

Edit because of Cloudd's eddit yes i have my compatably mode set to XP serves pack 2
 Seraph.Greyfin
サーバ: Seraph
user: Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2009-10-13 23:03:07  
It sounds like a User account control issue.
 Shiva.Clowdd
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-13 23:54:52  
Brahmdut said:
I play ffxi in vista with the "Run as Administrator"(or log in as admin and it askes me if i want to run this program and i say yes, i hear you can stop it from asking you this question but i don't know how) i also use the ffxi window mode from ffxi

Edit because of Cloudd's eddit yes i have my compatably mode set to XP serves pack 2

How to disable the UAC in Vista.

There ya go.
 Asura.Maynardjames
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Maynardjames 2009-10-14 01:30:33  
thanks for all the replys ill see what i can do tonight. and no there was no error message of any kind.
 Remora.Vitaru
サーバ: Remora
user: Vitaru
By Remora.Vitaru 2009-10-14 02:06:56  
If you are using windower, or pol just right click on the icon and choose "run as admin." it should work.

But really try to get your hands on WIN7 or go back to XP ^^;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Kujata.Savain
サーバ: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2009-12-22 02:12:42  
I have the same issue as the dude above, with the Playonline has stopped working error when I try to run it with 3.42 windower version in Vista.

I downgraded my graphics card from an intel chipset because four months ago I had black everything while playing FF.

Anyways, I disabled user control, disabled infrared stuff, installed a special hook file from another post, and tried setting launcher and FF to run as xp mode 2 under admin

None of this worked

Anyone have any other suggestions?