Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 55 56 57
By Ramyrez 2018-01-16 20:42:58  
clearlyamule said: »
I'm playing sjw catch phrase bingo. It only works if it's public

Oh, carry on then.

I just actually have reasoning for this. I'm good with public hyperbole in anonymous forums, but I actually really hate when people get on the "Ableist" bandwagon for...well, just because of what I said.

Most of the crippled(!) folks I know really hate those ***.

!I know. "Crippled" is a dirty word, but when you need a wheelchair to get around whatever you call it is really secondary to the status.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-16 20:49:05  
I completely agree it's why I mock
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-16 21:01:50  
clearlyamule said: »
I completely agree it's why I mock
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-01-16 21:28:52  
Ramyrez said: »
Let's be honest. We all knew Kevin Spacey had some skeletons in his closet.

[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-16 22:20:32  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Let's be honest. We all knew Kevin Spacey had some skeletons in his closet.

I never watched it I just assume it ends with Kevin Spacey molesting a young boy...sounds like a cool plot twist.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-16 22:25:24  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Did you see the press conference about the results of Trump's physical? Good results all around, and the only thing the press could do was grasp at straws trying to find something they could use to force Trump out of office.

Maybe we should force the mental fitness test on all reporters too and see if they can get 30 out of 30 like Trump.

I think both the reporters (to the dismay of Trump supporters) and Trump & Co. (to the dismay of said reporters and liberals) both would score just fine.

The MCA and MMSE are screening tools. They are, at most, equivalent to a standard family doctor checkup, but for psychological aspects, and are in no way in depth. Your PCP may stick his finger up your bum if he suspects prostate trouble, but he's not going full-on spelunking at a routine office visit.

In truth it's really even less worthwhile than a standard PCP checkup as it's a psychological tool being administered by a general practitioner (AFAIK)...not even a psychological professional.

That is to say, Trump is not operating at a level of cognitive decline as some more hyperbolic writers, pundits, and general loudmouths on the left claim. And that was always a foolish assumption in any case. You don't get to be president by being out to lunch. (You can stay president that way if you have a lot of public support a la Ronald Reagan, but that's a different story.)

None of this, however, *** any sort of personality, depressive, anxiety, or psychotic disorders beyond their effects on basic cognition.

TL;DR (because I know Fone got bored back right around the prostate exam): Good for showing he's not a completely docile old dotard as some have suggested...but not an entirely complete tool to be declaring he has a completely clean bill of psychological health.
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-01-16 22:43:38  
fonewear said: »
I never watched it I just assume it ends with Kevin Spacey molesting a young boy...sounds like a cool plot twist.

nah would actually be kinda plausible for the show lol. the first two seasons are great but after that you can scrap it
[+]
By Nausi 2018-01-17 06:35:26  
TL;DR (because I know Fone got bored back right around the prostate exam): Good for showing he's not a completely docile old dotard as some have suggested...but not an entirely complete tool to be declaring he has a completely clean bill of psychological health.
We all just watched Ramy rationalize the 25th amendment line of attack.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-17 07:11:23  
Nausi said: »

Because I want Mike Pence in office...?

I'm not making any direct accusations of his unfitness for office. I'm stating the screening test administered is not a comprehensive enough of a tool for the mental well being "perfection" being claimed.

This particular issue isn't about politics for me. It's about correctly interpreting medical information, and the way this particular screening test is being bandied about as a "clean bill of mental health" is inaccurate. I'm not definitively saying he doesn't have one -- I have suspicions but I am not an actual physician nor psychologist, just an armchair pundit -- but I am saying that this mini-test alone is insufficient evidence to make the claim.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-17 10:16:41  
This particular issue isn't about politics for me. It's about correctly interpreting medical information, and the way this particular screening test is being bandied about as a "clean bill of mental health" is inaccurate. I'm not definitively saying he doesn't have one -- I have suspicions but I am not an actual physician nor psychologist, just an armchair pundit -- but I am saying that this mini-test alone is insufficient evidence to make the claim.
I just see Trump being Trump.

He has always been shallow, self absorbed, greedy, and narcissistic. None of these mean crazy nor incompetent.
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:16:59  
Nausi said: »

Because I want Mike Pence in office...?

I'm not making any direct accusations of his unfitness for office. I'm stating the screening test administered is not a comprehensive enough of a tool for the mental well being "perfection" being claimed.

Are you a doctor in real life or just on the internet ?
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:17:43  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

He has always been shallow, self absorbed, greedy, and narcissistic. None of these mean crazy nor incompetent.

He is a Gemini that explains a lot. I am also a Gemini....it's all starting to make sense !
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:19:51  
The Trump you see on TV in the white house is not the Trump he is with his family and friends. Unless you are a Gemini it is sorta hard to explain...it's like we are two different people.
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:25:19  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Again you don't know Trump personally. You are only judging one side of his personality. He acts one way in public and another way in private with friends etc.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-17 10:25:42  
Are you a doctor in real life or just on the internet ?

I am not any sort of doctor, psychologist, or licensed medical practitioner. I do work closely with them, however, and am familiar with these tests, reviewing and assessing results, and what they are/aren't good for assessing.
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:25:57  
Same way I only know the internet persona of all of you guys. You could be completely different in real life.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-17 10:27:48  
He is a Gemini that explains a lot. I am also a Gemini....it's all starting to make sense !

Mecca-lecca-high-mecca-hiney-NO.
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:28:47  
Yea I know astrology is a joke but it is just as much of a joke as claiming to be a psychologist on the internet.
By Zerowone 2018-01-17 10:28:51  
Same way I only know the internet persona of all of you guys. You could be completely different in real life.
Especially if we’re all Gemini.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:29:23  
It is very easy to be insane and act sane trust me... I'm pretty good at it !
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:29:50  
Zerowone said: »

Now that is a scary thought ! A bunch of two faced people pretending to be something they aren't...
By Zerowone 2018-01-17 10:30:35  
Yea I know astrology is a joke but it is just as much of a joke as claiming to be a psychologist on the internet.

What about Professional Internet Sophists?
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:30:43  
For me psychology is just a way of giving lonely people anti depressants.
By Zerowone 2018-01-17 10:31:11  

Now that is a scary thought ! A bunch of two faced people pretending to be something they aren't...

Four faced aka Faces Powered.
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:31:23  

What about Professional Internet Sophists?

I don't about professional but amateur definitely.
By Zerowone 2018-01-17 10:32:06  
For me psychology is just a way of giving lonely people anti depressants.

Sure you don’t mean Pharmacy?
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:32:16  
Well McFeely probably got his psychology degree in a cracker jack box. Which makes him overly qualified to make psychological assessments.
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:33:11  
All I'm saying is you can't talk away your problems.
By fonewear 2018-01-17 10:33:24  
If you are crazy embrace the crazy.
By Zerowone 2018-01-17 10:34:12  
Well McFeely probably got his psychology degree in a cracker jack box. Which makes him overly qualified to make psychological assessments.

That’s why getting a Mc’Diploma from a Happy Meal is the smart route.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 55 56 57