Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ivlilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-11-11 13:51:31  
Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Asura.Sanosuke said: »
Just did another run Samx2, sch,rdm (sch and rdm are dboxed) + Gessho+yoran trusts on N mode.

No adds popped and NM died in less than 2mins.

How do you get no adds?

Never let it do the TP move that summons adds. Mewling Lullaby to reset its TP.
By xaniko 2017-11-11 14:29:45  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Beating VD quickly without SMN :D

Then post the strat ;)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-11 14:56:56  
xaniko said: »

Then post the strat ;)

PLD
RDM
COR
THF
THF
GEO
By geigei 2017-11-11 15:06:30  
How do you avoid hammer with that setup?
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2017-11-11 15:14:55  
Not suck =)
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-11 15:18:51  
geigei said: »
How do you avoid hammer with that setup?

Probably /Smn
[+]
 Asura.Technicz
user: technicz
By Asura.Technicz 2017-11-11 16:49:51  
Adds appear to have different enspell-status effects. For example, one of the adds may have en-paralyze and another en-slow. On Difficult setting, I believe we had 5 adds with different effects: paralyze, poison, slow, silence, and blindness. As a WHM, when I get hit, I need to double check if I got debuffed with something and take care of it between healing. Bring echo drops.

This also means that the debuffs will keep showing up on your teammates.

This is only a problem if he is doing the TP move that summons adds of course.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-11 16:51:06  
xaniko said: »

Then post the strat ;)
1 cor 2 pups use overdrive win in 3.5 min or so
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-11 17:03:52  
geigei said: »
Any chance we a have look at dnc ws gear? went with brd over geo and my numbers were half.
Not sure why numbers would be half :<
Did the COR dia and double light shot? Did you pre-buff your first Rudra with Building and Climactic? Our GEO was only using DEX, STR (for more attack) and ATT. What kinda buffs did the BRD give? Are they 3 or 4 song?

edit: Ops double quotes
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-11 17:14:33  
clearlyamule said: »
1 cor 2 pups

I've heard horror stories about that video.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-11-11 18:34:10  
Geigei click on 1st page of this post. Read and you will find the strat. You have to try a little.
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-11-11 18:51:42  
Just did another run Samx2, sch,rdm (sch and rdm are dboxed) + Gessho+yoran trusts on N mode.

How do you get no adds?

I'm not sure now.

Done a few runs and get no adds, then followed by doing a few more runs and getting adds.

What I have worked out is adds pop after its first Providence move (the one that heals itself for 35kish). And adds can sleep ok, but wake up every time NM uses Providence.

I don't know what triggers this TP move but trying to fight it on lightsday is making it spam that TP move waking up adds every 10-15secs.

I don't know if day does anything, just a theory.

In short - whatever makes it use that TP moves makes it pop adds me thinks.

Done a few more runs and it seems to do Providence after I make light/radiance SC (SC makes around 20-30k dmg on sam). Maybe it uses this move after light/radiance? I would say all SC but I know that's not true with people killing it with thf+dnc combos.

Anyone else noticed this? If this is the case then 4xdd,whm,rdm not making light/radiance skillchain will make this a nice setup this month.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-11-11 19:36:01  
From my experience last time, Providence is just random, there doesn't seem to be any trigger for it, just luck of the draw.

Also, after trying it a little solo on E, I wonder if they neglected to actually increase the HP compared to last time... they don't seem to have much hp still, lol.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-11 19:57:20  

How do you get no adds?

I'm not sure now.

Done a few runs and get no adds, then followed by doing a few more runs and getting adds.

What I have worked out is adds pop after its first Providence move (the one that heals itself for 35kish). And adds can sleep ok, but wake up every time NM uses Providence.

I don't know what triggers this TP move but trying to fight it on lightsday is making it spam that TP move waking up adds every 10-15secs.

Done a few more runs and it seems to do Providence after I make light/radiance SC (SC makes around 20-30k dmg on sam). Maybe it uses this move after light/radiance? I would say all SC but I know that's not true with people killing it with thf+dnc combos.

Anyone else noticed this? If this is the case then 4xdd,whm,rdm not making light/radiance skillchain will make this a nice setup this month.
Never did radiance but did a lot of runs with armor shatterer into bone crusher for light and nope not a providence.

I do tend to keep rolls up to make it hammer though since that's a lot easier for me to deal with
 Lakshmi.Vadian
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2017-11-11 20:05:19  

How do you get no adds?

I'm not sure now.

Can confirm that this isn't the case. Just did a run and no one even got off a ws yet and he did Providence with the death squad popping.
[+]
By geigei 2017-11-12 01:26:45  
I was doing it all wrong, first of all had trouble link first rudra with grav, either too slow or too fast, second i didn't use building, and third and most stupid i would reverse to get tp for last rudra making climactic suck.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-12 05:26:08  
Just did VE Intense Vol 1 solo and what a joke. Used Nin, whm, rdm, blm and sam trust NPCs and it died under a minute. Main thf here. Can probably use that same setup with real players up until normal difficulty with no issue. Never used hammer and no adds. Probably can do easy with this same strat solo.
By geigei 2017-11-12 05:31:27  
You can solo N.

Capped points, thx everyone for sharing strats.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-12 07:40:41  
Bunch of runs on N; WAR SAM MNK DNC RDM WHM. It kept doing prov. Switch to WAR DNC RDM RDM WHM WHM. Just kept it debuffed/dispelled while while the WAR handled. Never saw prov. Could have been fluke.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-12 07:56:37  
Tried on Easy solo Vol 1 and was able to win. Adds did summon this time around. Definitely made the fight much harder. Couple of NPCs did die but it's definitely doable. I don't think normal would be a wise idea for solo as the fight might stretch out too long. But for the general setup of Nin, DD x2, Rdm, Smn/Blm/Sch x2 etc, should be able to handle up to Difficult no problem. Very Difficult might be a different issue.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-11-12 09:30:18  
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Tried on Easy solo Vol 1 and was able to win. Adds did summon this time around. Definitely made the fight much harder. Couple of NPCs did die but it's definitely doable. I don't think normal would be a wise idea for solo as the fight might stretch out too long. But for the general setup of Nin, DD x2, Rdm, Smn/Blm/Sch x2 etc, should be able to handle up to Difficult no problem. Very Difficult might be a different issue.

PSA: Please stop trying to solo in Ambuscade. I can't see any reason why people can't form a group. It makes the fight easier, you get more gallantry and you cut down the wait line by going as a group instead of solo. Until SE fixes the instances for Ambuscade (if they ever will), this behavior will be strongly frowned upon.

I'm sorry, just tired of 15-20 soloers adding an extra 15-40 minutes to the line each month. It makes no sense to me
[+]
 Ragnarok.Senzumi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Senzumi
By Ragnarok.Senzumi 2017-11-12 10:12:53  
Nin thf thf geo brd whm win
By Afania 2017-11-12 11:25:46  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

PSA: Please stop trying to solo in Ambuscade. I can't see any reason why people can't form a group.

There is, actually. Sometimes its necessary to solo for seal for VD pt before reset, but a group isnt always available on that particular moment. For people that dont have freedom to control when to log in, solo is the only way.

If I need to get a seal on weekday at 12:30 am pst and have 30 min to play, it will be impossible to make a 6/6 pt even if I shout for 1hr. Even if I manage to 6/6 I wont be able to stay for more than 1 run. So its not exactly efficient. 99% of time the pug I made after 1hr of shouting can only kill E anyways, since VD pretty much need ls members, may as well solo it.

Its a waste of time to make a pt for seal when I can solo for 5 min and get it done. If I choose not to solo, I will just end up losing a seal if I forget/can't to do it before reset.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-11-12 11:59:04  
Afania said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

PSA: Please stop trying to solo in Ambuscade. I can't see any reason why people can't form a group.

There is, actually. Sometimes its necessary to solo for seal for VD pt before reset, but a group isnt always available on that particular moment. For people that dont have freedom to control when to log in, solo is the only way.

If I need to get a seal on weekday at 12:30 am pst and have 30 min to play, it will be impossible to make a 6/6 pt even if I shout for 1hr. Even if I manage to 6/6 I wont be able to stay for more than 1 run. So its not exactly efficient. 99% of time the pug I made after 1hr of shouting can only kill E anyways, since VD pretty much need ls members, may as well solo it.

Its a waste of time to make a pt for seal when I can solo for 5 min and get it done. If I choose not to solo, I will just end up losing a seal if I forget/can't to do it before reset.

I can understand doing it for a seal or for a practical reason or end of month or something but there are people who routinely do it at the start of every month, for hours, when the rush is highest. There's really no getting around it, it's rude to do that to other people. Or is it more of a "*** Everyone Else" kinda thing?

Last post on the matter for me, I don't want to start a full derail. I said my peace but I'm not the only one that has this opinion.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-12 12:14:48  
If you go with blinkers, just have 1 person /smn to reset the tp, otherwise (if pld or run), just have 2 come /smn to be safe, doesnt take long to post this instead of 6 jobs lol.

if you going the pet route, i dont recommend BST since u'll have to get too close and will get hammer risk but pups as showed in videos of the last time this frog happened mixed with smn should work too, just time your bp in btw the tp moves.
By kishr 2017-11-12 12:43:02  
strange no one posted one of the non smn zerg methods yet.

tank - pld run (hold mob in middle

geo - languor/focus for silence, then frail/fury for WS

rdm - silence/backup heals for tank

smn - mewing after ws and between waiting tp from regain
(for mewing stay distance 20' send cat to fight,
hit mewing before it attacks then release cat fast.
stay out of aoe to avoid giving tp from -ga magic)

cor - tactitians(regain) chaos(atk) + leaden salute WS

thf - rudra only dont dps

leaden to rudra is darkness
rdm+geo MB helps
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-12 12:48:06  
kishr said: »

You must be new around here
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-12 12:55:19  

tank - pld run (hold mob in middle

rdm - silence/backup heals for tank

smn - mewing after ws and between waiting tp from regain
(for mewing stay distance 20' send cat to fight,
hit mewing before it attacks then release cat fast.
stay out of aoe to avoid giving tp from -ga magic)

cor - tactitians(regain) chaos(atk) + leaden salute WS

thf - rudra only dont dps

leaden to rudra is darkness
rdm+geo MB helps

Now take this and improve by removing the SMN entirely.

PLD / RUN tank
RDM/SMN
GEO/SMN
THF/SAM
THF/SAM
COR/SAM

Leaden -> SA Rudras -> TA Rudras with Inundation up

First volley brings it to 52~65% depending on the THF's, enough to cause chainspell to activate. The GEO switch's to Indi-Focus while the tank kites it and the RDM silences it. Once that happens you start with the SC again, twice more and it's dead. The GEO is doing mewing while they charge TP and the RDM does it after the SC goes off.
By hobo 2017-11-12 12:57:58  

Hasn't half the posts been this strategy? also from front page

Asura.Eiryl said: »
V1 this time is Immune to Geomancy, just like it was last time

soo that languor and frailty .....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7