New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Vol.1 November 2017
Ambuscade Vol.1 November 2017
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By clearlyamule 2017-11-10 22:26:02  
Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »
Asura.Tealsic said: »
Haven't done this one yet, but is BST acceptable for this? Just Ready moves and then heel till charges are filled?

IDK if it would work. It's very important to kill it as fast as possible with SC damage because if the fight goes on long enough it will start casting Death (on VD that is).
While I'm not always in range haven't seen it cast death even at 10 minutes... now it will repeatidly cast Kaustra that sucks. Maybe something triggers death or maybe it realizes it would be useless to use on me lol

Also I take back my idea of using rng + pld autos to skillchain. While it makes more dmg per cycle it doesn't even come close to making up for the slower wsing speed. Bone crusher all the things
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2017-11-11 00:51:01  
Any chance someone parsed how much HP this frog has compared to before? I remember soloing this with mighty strikes on war (with ample buffs obviously) and a single perfect defense, but it was usually very close.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-11 02:03:32  
For VD I'm getting about 500k
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-11 02:38:09  
Went with my Japanese friends this morning [VD]:

//PLD SAM DNC SMN SMN COR//

SAM does (Tachi: Jinpu) > (Tachi: Ageha) > Gravitation then DNC double Rudra (second one Clim)

The use of SAM -PDT Ageha makes it go down faster + capped Box Steps (-48% PDT)
At one instance we managed to drop it down to 35% from start

We tried with DRG DNC after that and used Angon + capped Box
And did (Drake>Stardiver>SA Rudra>Clim Rudra) and it dropped to 28%

When it does chain spell during that window you can finish it off easy when it’s that low on HP.

First Rudra 60k second was 99k and sc 99k each
Making clear time 3:35.

Edit: idk if it will be possible to one shot it with DRG DNC combo to do:
[Sekk>Drake>Stardiver>jump>Camm>SA Rudra>Clim Rudra]
This way can get a GEO fury BoG instead of the second SMN and call it a day.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
サーバ: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-11-11 03:46:29  
Quenching Hammer - AoE (~30') Damage, Full Dispel, and Aspir. Damage is increased based on number of buffs on targets including Runes and Geomancer spells.
Excludes food, Maneuvers, and SP Abilities.
This move is only used if either RUN, PLD, DRK, or BLU are in the party or the player has songs, rolls, or geomancy bubbles on.

So essentially with this mob they tried to negate jobs, making the hammer *unlock* on job checks and buy checks. If you do not have for rolls, songs or bubbles, without having pld run drk or s blue, there will not be any hammer time, Drg fix make great dad's this month due their own self buff/low buff power. Subjob run will not activate the hammer either so a good tool to negate elemental damage. Nin makes a good return as a tank for not activating the hammer. Skillchain to win.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-11 09:19:58  
Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
Quenching Hammer - AoE (~30') Damage, Full Dispel, and Aspir. Damage is increased based on number of buffs on targets including Runes and Geomancer spells.
Excludes food, Maneuvers, and SP Abilities.
This move is only used if either RUN, PLD, DRK, or BLU are in the party or the player has songs, rolls, or geomancy bubbles on.

So essentially with this mob they tried to negate jobs, making the hammer *unlock* on job checks and buy checks. If you do not have for rolls, songs or bubbles, without having pld run drk or s blue, there will not be any hammer time, Drg fix make great dad's this month due their own self buff/low buff power. Subjob run will not activate the hammer either so a good tool to negate elemental damage. Nin makes a good return as a tank for not activating the hammer. Skillchain to win.

Verified, that was a life saver. The one thing I didnt think about... I knew there was something going on with buffs from that last event. Im a BLU main though so, yeah... Thanks for this!
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-11-11 09:48:07  
YouTube Video Placeholder

What's gonna work!? Teeaaammmm work :D

Wow 10,000 Hallmarks ><

Holy..................
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2017-11-11 10:07:00  
Anyone know what trigger it to pop adds?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-11 10:16:46  
Asura.Seizan said: »
Anyone know what trigger it to pop adds?

Still not sure, thought I saw some one mention something about ws's or something in maybe the older post? Are they sleepable?
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-11-11 10:22:14  
Did a few runs today on N mode: Samx2,drg,whmx2,Sch/blm (both whms and sch was mules dboxed)

it popped adds (maybe this is due to job combinations like hammer move happens when run/drk/pld/blu is in party?)

we slept them and killed NM. Afterwards we killed the adds.

I think ddx4 (not drk or blu) + whm,rdm not being dboxed could easy do D or VD.

I will try this once more people log on
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-11-11 10:25:46  
Why the heck did they exclude DRK?
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-11-11 10:26:25  

Wonderpets please go.

Did V1VD earlier today with DNC THF COR PLD RDM SMN. COR did Tactician's Roll and Chaos Roll, PLD tanked and kited during Chainspell, RDM healed and kept Paralyze II and Slow II on as best as possible. We stayed well out of range, waited for TP, COR opened with Requiescat (the COR didn't have Leaden Salute for reasons), DNC did Building, Climactic, Trick Attack Rudra's Storm, THF closed with TA Rudra's Storm. SMN used Mewling Lullaby to keep mob TP down.

Fights were taking about 3.5m from engagement. THF and DNC were both Afterglow Mythic/Afterglow Empyrean. The only issues were really poorly timed WSing where a -ga spell would hit 4 of us and we'd worried about TP gain. Our PLD was able to resist Death fairly reliably; I believe he was /RUN with Lux x2.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-11-11 10:44:06  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
The use of SAM -PDT Ageha makes it go down faster + capped Box Steps (-48% PDT)

Those effects are -Def% not -PDT%. -PDT% would reduce the damage taken by the target. It's not the same as +PDT either.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-11 11:01:47  
Pretty sure adds are linked to the other move it does when it's not doing Quelling hammer. It's basically a choice between extreme AoE dmg or adds
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-11 11:13:00  
It can do both actually. -.-;

And the add spawning move is Providence. Seen it cure him from 12~41K. 5 adds. They have various en- effects. Seen Blind, para, silence and slow.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-11 11:13:09  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »

Wonderpets please go.

Did V1VD earlier today with DNC THF COR PLD RDM SMN. COR did Tactician's Roll and Chaos Roll, PLD tanked and kited during Chainspell, RDM healed and kept Paralyze II and Slow II on as best as possible. We stayed well out of range, waited for TP, COR opened with Requiescat (the COR didn't have Leaden Salute for reasons), DNC did Building, Climactic, Trick Attack Rudra's Storm, THF closed with TA Rudra's Storm. SMN used Mewling Lullaby to keep mob TP down.

Fights were taking about 3.5m from engagement. THF and DNC were both Afterglow Mythic/Afterglow Empyrean. The only issues were really poorly timed WSing where a -ga spell would hit 4 of us and we'd worried about TP gain. Our PLD was able to resist Death fairly reliably; I believe he was /RUN with Lux x2.

Very nice :O! We wanted to bring a THF or another DNC but literally no one wanted to go and my server is pretty ded at 3PM EST (so no PUGs :<) That's when we decided to try the SCH method.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-11 11:14:36  
clearlyamule said: »
Pretty sure adds are linked to the other move it does when it's not doing Quelling hammer. It's basically a choice between extreme AoE dmg or adds

If they can be slept I'll gladly take the latter.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-11 11:17:31  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
It can do both actually. -.-;

And the add spawning move is Providence. Seen it cure him from 12~41K. 5 adds. They have various en- effects. Seen Blind, para, silence and slow.
Might be a case of requirements to force it changing? All I know is 120k hallmarks last time and so far 60k this time and never seen a move that wasn't hammer. Even in weird get my bearings fights where I was taking 10 minutes lol. Maybe I'm not feeding it enough tp though
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-11 11:20:35  
I tried it solo on sam, never saw it once spamming SC over and over. Adds obviously killed me. Just me and yoran. Got it to like 50% on N

Gonna try 6 box it when I get home. MG outside, the enter and smash.

(Just want my Idris! )
 Asura.Sanosuke
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-11-11 11:38:46  
Just did another run Samx2, sch,rdm (sch and rdm are dboxed) + Gessho+yoran trusts on N mode.

No adds popped and NM died in less than 2mins.
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-11 11:48:00  
I don't know how you guys are reliably sleeping the adds; they've got the Resist Sleep job trait, which gives them a chance to just randomly resist sleep regardless of MACC/ES/Stymie, and it's screwing my (non-SMN) groups over when the boss decides to pop adds.
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-11-11 12:05:04  
Asura.Sanosuke said: »
Just did another run Samx2, sch,rdm (sch and rdm are dboxed) + Gessho+yoran trusts on N mode.

How do you get no adds?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-11 12:08:30  
Beating VD quickly without SMN :D
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-11-11 12:13:12  
Yeah, I have seen zero adds in any of the runs we have done.
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-11 12:20:50  
I see adds about 90% of the time in non-Mewing Lullaby runs.
By geigei 2017-11-11 12:49:22  
Any chance we a have look at dnc ws gear? went with brd over geo and my numbers were half.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-11-11 13:03:01  
geigei said: »
Any chance we a have look at dnc ws gear? went with brd over geo and my numbers were half.

Are you using Climactic Flourish and Building Flourish?
By vil872 2017-11-11 13:06:45  
I've done about 10-ish runs, so not a big sample size. I was on PUP for all of them.

3 runs totally solo, no trusts - twice I got adds, the other time I did not. Possible I just killed fast enough. I got that cleave move I think.

The rest of the runs I had something like:

August-Yoran-Cheru-Koru-Selh

1 run I had an actual PLD in for August

My last run solo took 15 minutes (oops, sorry, but nobody is on this server) but it never had adds. It was using Hammer, and I only know that because of the few times I was in range to see messages.
 Asura.Sanosuke
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-11-11 13:07:23  
Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Asura.Sanosuke said: »

How do you get no adds?

I'm not sure now.

Done a few runs and get no adds, then followed by doing a few more runs and getting adds.

What I have worked out is adds pop after its first Providence move (the one that heals itself for 35kish). And adds can sleep ok, but wake up every time NM uses Providence.

I don't know what triggers this TP move but trying to fight it on lightsday is making it spam that TP move waking up adds every 10-15secs.

I don't know if day does anything, just a theory.

In short - whatever makes it use that TP moves makes it pop adds me thinks.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7