Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 28 29 30
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-11-16 17:45:14  
Some corrections on Halphas moves :
Full-On Tackle : Single target physical attack + Gravity + hate reset (no reset if the move is absorbed by shadows)
Cyclone Slice : Cone physical attack + Defense Down + Magic Defense Down + TP Max Down
Aetherwell : Elemental Sforzo + Absorbs magical damage
Flailing Blow : Mighty Strikes + damage dealt multiplied by 1.5 (I found this info from a JP source)

Halphas isn't immune to geo debuffs but I'm not convinced they are at their full power.
PD zerg seems to work very well if you start the zerg at 49%~ after Halphas's SP (to make sure he won't use Repulsor mid zerg). Did 48 > 2% in 1~ min with only WAR+NIN DDs, despite few mistakes. Bolster Indi-Fury and Full Break help immensely.
[+]
サーバ: Asura
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-17 00:04:19  
Created the first Dynamis-Sandoria [D] map for wiki. It's not 100% complete so any additional details regarding statue spawns and number of orcs per statue or information on where the other 30 min time extension is would be appreciated.

Updated: 11/18/2017 - Changed some drop information and statue locations/pop numbers and added roaming path info.

[+]
 Bismarck.Nobunobu
サーバ: Bismarck
user: nobunobu
By Bismarck.Nobunobu 2017-11-17 00:21:35  
no1 found the 2nd 30mins extension yet?
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-17 01:10:31  
Just thinking out loud here, but is it a possibility the reason no one has found the 2nd 30 minute extension is because everyone makes a bee line right for the Boss Statue and upon killing that, it makes the other time extension no longer available?

Also, why hasn’t anyone tried ignoring the boss statue and try farming towards the West? Based on the above image, it looks like no one has gone that direction. Perhaps the Boss Statue is intended to be the 2nd killed TE and there is a weaker 1st TE somewhere?
By geigei 2017-11-17 01:29:06  
From Kiya's map looks like area been covered, must be something else.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-17 01:37:45  
Keep in mind the map I made is not 100% done. But I have some speculation concerning the 2nd time extension. I have also not killed every single statue. I only know some of these because of previous runs and doing test sac pulls to survey the area.

1) The 2nd TE either only appears before or after the boss is defeated.

2) The 2nd TE is possibly one of the "red eye" statues or from one of the mobs it spawns.

3) Is it possibly obtained from examining a specific spot? Did anyone notice a ??? or something to target?

4) Maybe you need to kill all red eye statues or specific sets of statues and mobs to get the TE mob to appear?

Just trying to fuel some ideas.
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-17 01:57:02  
geigei said: »
From Kiya's map looks like area been covered, must be something else.

If it was covered, the information regarding # of Orcs spawned per statue would be on it.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-11-17 04:20:24  
There is something I don't agree with this map. I remember we found 2 leader statues on West Ronfaure exit (and nothing more) and a common statue blocking each path leading to it. Or maybe my memory is bad..?

Did you map the monster's placement before or after killing the midboss? Maybe the entire area changes after its death.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-17 05:05:49  
In regards to above, this is the first map before boss is killed with initial spawns. I will be making a 2nd map with post-boss spawns. I know some of the pops may be wrong with amounts and placement of statues as I just doing this from what I have observed via personal experience and other people's information. This is still far from complete.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-17 08:47:37  
Dont forget to note patrol pathing if you can.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-17 08:53:24  
I'll try to do roaming path but it's gonna be extremely hard to see.
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-17 11:01:07  
As an addendum to that map, Medals can drop from "leader" type orcs as well.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-11-17 12:25:45  
Thank you to everyone posting strats on this... keep up the great work
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-18 00:54:37  
Just adding some stuff after our run today:

Today we tried to kill every red statue (and the NM's associated with them) in the zone before heading to the Overlord Tombstone Mini Boss. We managed to kill them all as far as I am aware, and did not unlock any time extensions.

Edit: Our BLU team did not get to the Red statue at the Manor, but we killed everything else.

Also a couple of BLU with magic sets and limited support (GEO COR etc) can pretty much keep ***Entomb/Sleep locked, clear stuff with nukes, and solo a good swath of the zone, if your alliance decides to 'divide and conquer' so to speak.

Edit for the Map: There is at least 1 "red eye" statue at the chocobo stables before the Overlord Statue is killed

More Edits..... Mischief thinks (guessing) that the 2nd TE might be unlocked by killing Aurix ONCE before the Overlord Statue is defeated, and ONCE after the Overlord Statue is defeated. Might be worth testing for groups that can go into dynamis in the next few days.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-18 02:57:47  
Good suggestions. Try killing all Red Eye Statues and Aurix pre and post boss. Maybe that will yield something. Also, has anyone killed Aurix pre mini-boss death and made him spawn again after mini-boss has died?

With the way things are panning out with attendance of the event and coin yield which I believe is quite poor, I have a feeling next update is going to change Dynamis to a 24 hour reentry time and possibly HP/difficulty scaling depending on the number of people that enter. Still will be 3 minimum requirement though. Similar adjustments as what they did to Omen. Just a prediction.

Map updated with more information.

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-18 07:04:28  
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
With the way things are panning out with attendance of the event and coin yield which I believe is quite poor, I have a feeling next update is going to change Dynamis to a 24 hour reentry time and possibly HP/difficulty scaling depending on the number of people that enter. Still will be 3 minimum requirement though. Similar adjustments as what they did to Omen. Just a prediction.

I hope to hell they don't add any such thing as HP scaling, finally good to have an event where a larger number of people can work together without being penalized. Having played through now in a big alliance our whole group really feels this resembles the original Dynamis event. We have a THF/BLM doing sleepga in TH gear which seems to be working quite well for currency. They are sitting in the tank / puller party and their entire job is to get TH on as many mobs as possible and then try to raise TH level on the elite mobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-18 08:45:29  
Good suggestions. Try killing all Red Eye Statues and Aurix pre and post boss. Maybe that will yield something. Also, has anyone killed Aurix pre mini-boss death and made him spawn again after mini-boss has died?

We managed to kill him pre-miniboss death, and we managed to spawn him post-miniboss death, but did not manage to kill him post-miniboss death.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-18 14:02:29  
Maybe not lower hp on mobs. Honestly, 2 dds can handle these. They should reduce the number of Mobs that spawn with less people so not as much currency to drop which should encourage players to do this event with more. Also, change the requirements from 3-18 to 6-18.

Example of changes:

1 Party: Mobs spawn only 2-3 mobs a statue. Card yield is potentially 1-2 each Orc kill.

2 Parties: Mobs spawn 3-5 mobs a statue. Card yield is potentially 2-3 each Orc kill. Drop rate in zone is slightly raised (between 1-5% more dependent upon number of party members)

3 Parties: Mobs spawn 4-6 mobs a statue. Card yield is potentially 3-4 each Orc kill. Drop rate in zone is raised slightly further (between 6-10% more upon number of party members)

If they do an HP adjustment, it will only be for the bosses similar to Omen. Scale them between half with a group of 6 and raising up to 100% normal HP with 18. The trade off though will be better loot and more of it.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-18 14:04:37  
Question to Lexouritis. When you killed Aurix pre mini-boss death, did he drop rusted ID cards and beastmen's medals or blackened ID cards and Kindred's medals? Just need clarification. Also, is there any gimmick when he runs away? Certain percentage? And did you need to pop him multiple times in order to kill him?

Lastly, does killing Aurix or Halphas grant any sort of title? Please clarify.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-18 15:22:20  
Maybe not lower hp on mobs. Honestly, 2 dds can handle these. They should reduce the number of Mobs that spawn with less people so not as much currency to drop which should encourage players to do this event with more. Also, change the requirements from 3-18 to 6-18.

Example of changes:

1 Party: Mobs spawn only 2-3 mobs a statue. Card yield is potentially 1-2 each Orc kill.

2 Parties: Mobs spawn 3-5 mobs a statue. Card yield is potentially 2-3 each Orc kill. Drop rate in zone is slightly raised (between 1-5% more dependent upon number of party members)

3 Parties: Mobs spawn 4-6 mobs a statue. Card yield is potentially 3-4 each Orc kill. Drop rate in zone is raised slightly further (between 6-10% more upon number of party members)

If they do an HP adjustment, it will only be for the bosses similar to Omen. Scale them between half with a group of 6 and raising up to 100% normal HP with 18. The trade off though will be better loot and more of it.

That would be fine, I just don't want this to be a "six man super merc party with a bazillion mules" event. We've had enough of that dominating every event over the past three+ years.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-18 15:34:52  
I'm guessing this is a typo with the information. You meant to say "Killing Aurix does NOT give a title but Halpas does"?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-18 15:35:41  
I think He dropped Rusted ID/Beastmen's medals (pre-Miniboss Death), but I'm going to ask some of the others who were there just to make sure. Asked. I rarely pay attention to the drops, my wife usually handles these lol.

Also he seems to have random 'warp' times. AKA there one instance where he warped within 20 seconds, and another where he seemed to stick around for almost a minute.

Another thing we noticed, after Aurix was initially killed (pre-miniboss), the next time we spawned, after killing the Mini-boss him he had a lower amount of HP (his HP bar was depleted). He warped real fast on us, and we never found him again.

Killing Aurix does not give a title, but killing Halphas does: Instead of trespasser, the title is Infiltrator.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-11-18 15:35:57  
Expanding on the encounter Lex mentioned, we had a strange occurrence with Aurix. After the statue boss was defeated, we spawned Aurix and killed him in one attempt. When we found another eyeless statue and spawned Aurix again, he spawned at 0 HP and just stood there awkwardly for several seconds (unable to be attacked, if I remember correctly), then regenerated 10% HP and immediately warped again. We didn't get to another eyeless statue in time to see if anything weird would happen on a third spawn.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-18 15:35:57  
Yep typo, sorry edited it :p
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-18 15:56:28  
I think i'm getting my runs mixed up because we did 2 yesterday, 1 with 18, one with alts/mules/people who were late to the actual event.

But Aurix does drop Beastmen medals if you kill it before the Mini Boss (mule run), and Aurix did have a weird spawn/warp situation. (main run)
By cuddlyhamster 2017-11-18 16:39:54  
For map, I might be remembering incorrectly, but right in front of AH i think there are 2 statues walking back and forth
By Elazar1 2017-11-18 16:41:46  
It is at least 2 might be a 3rd will report back later on our next run tonight.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2017-11-18 19:47:25  

yes. no extra time. it's not that.
By Sammeh 2017-11-19 07:30:03  
Sorry - if asked already, I went through most pages and didn't see already.

How is RNG damage in general here? Anything particularly strong against it?

Specific to Halphas - I saw the full-break strat which prevented/negated Arm Block - has anyone tried status bolts?

Anyone know where there's some good height advantage? Up on the ledges looks to be the only place to get it - but I'm not sure if you'll get a cannot-see message. I know can nuke/cure from there at least - so I'd think be able to shoot as well - negating the AOE moves from Halphas. - Just a much longer pull back.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 28 29 30