Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 424 425 426
 Quetzalcoatl.Shadowrun
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: SkyFrog
By Quetzalcoatl.Shadowrun 2017-11-08 16:31:31  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
If they are staggering out zones, it will be by slot similar to old dynamis.

So Legs or feet seems most likely this month.

Taking into consideration that Dynamis-San d'Oria drops Forgotten Touches which are used to upgrade hands, I'm sort of expecting the upcoming zone, Dynamis-Divergence-San d'Oria?, will also be for relic hands upgrades.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 16:53:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Shadowrun said: »

Taking into consideration that Dynamis-San d'Oria drops Forgotten Touches which are used to upgrade hands, I'm sort of expecting the upcoming zone, Dynamis-Divergence-San d'Oria?, will also be for relic hands upgrades.

Basing around the Forgotten items of the zones makes much more sense to me, considering the weirdness that was Dynamis armor distribution; with every drop available in Bastok you could get one each of a Head, Body, Hands, Legs, and Feet slot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-11-08 16:56:33  

fillerbunny9 said: »

Basing around the Forgotten items of the zones makes much more sense to me, considering the weirdness that was Dynamis armor distribution; with every drop available in Bastok you could get one each of a Head, Body, Hands, Legs, and Feet slot.

Good points.
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-08 17:06:27  
Using the way Omen works for AF, I'd be surprised if Relic didn't offer a 2-tier model for upgrading. Which gives them ample opportunity to layer in new per-slot upgrades in other zones.

Also given that the dat mine only showed 4 new Dynamis zones, it seems unlikely that each area would support just a single gear slot.

The main thing to consider is how SE will handle the prospect of area congestion until all zones are available to spread the load.
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 17:14:13  
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Using the way Omen works for AF, I'd be surprised if Relic didn't offer a 2-tier model for upgrading. Which gives them ample opportunity to layer in new per-slot upgrades in other zones.

Also given that the dat mine only showed 4 new Dynamis zones, it seems unlikely that each area would support just a single gear slot.

The main thing to consider is how SE will handle the prospect of area congestion until all zones are available to spread the load.

I am betting new KI similar to Mystical Canteens where they will limit us to one held and one on the entrance NPC, with eventual upgrades as congestion dies down like we see with Omen.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-08 17:26:55  
I'm willing to bet it will be like Omen with a lock out 18 hours or so.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-08 17:34:26  
fonewear said: »
That may be a little ambitious, I think they may fall back to the 72h lockout of original dyna/ein/limbus, but I hope I am dead wrong.
By fonewear 2017-11-08 17:37:23  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
That may be a little ambitious, I think they may fall back to the 72h lockout of original dyna/ein/limbus, but I hope I am dead wrong.

For me depends on how much stuff you need from the zone. They could make it just like Omen where you have to do the same zone over and over for feet upgrade.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 17:41:29  
I bet it will use the same KI as omen making you have to choose between the 2
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-08 17:42:51  
clearlyamule said: »

SE would do something like that too ! Also wouldn't shock me if there is a zone boss that drops really nice armor that is like Omen. Drop rate 0.1%
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-08 17:45:55  
Imagine you have to wear the AFs for XX hours inside that dynamis killing enemies to upgrade them to +2 > +3 with the addition of some materials.

I called it first!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-08 17:47:28  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Imagine you have to wear the AFs for XX hours inside that dynamis killing enemies to upgrade them to +2 > +3 with the addition of some materials.

I called it first!

If they really want to troll us 100 bills required for upgrade...
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 17:57:45  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

I called it first!

If they really want to troll us 100 bills required for upgrade...
So basically the same thing as the original af2 upgrades?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-11-08 17:58:18  
clearlyamule said: »

Makes sense. They keep increasing cap of # of canteens that can be held.

Endgame for that is probably 5-7 canteens to allow people who play more casually to spam a week's worth of entry in a weekend or something like that.
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-08 18:05:48  
Its going to be interesting for sure to see how they work this. To be honest I'm somewhat surprised they feel that releasing just a single zone to begin with is going to be sufficient.

I mean dyna city zones are not particularly big, and they are built with free movement in mind... Unless of course they are expanding beyond the layouts of the original dyna.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-11-08 18:08:19  
Its going to be interesting for sure to see how they work this. To be honest I'm somewhat surprised they feel that releasing just a single zone to begin with is going to be sufficient.

I mean dyna city zones are not particularly big, and they are built with free movement in mind... Unless of course they are expanding beyond the layouts of the original dyna.

Are we sure its shared zone? i think if it's dynamis-omen it will be instanced.
By fonewear 2017-11-08 18:10:58  

Surely it would be instanced they have to have learned something !
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 18:16:19  
I'm leaning more towards an instance like Omen is than a free roaming zone like Escha. with today's playstyle, trying to shoehorn in a ton of people to fight over a zone the way Dynamis was in the past doesn't make sense, nor does farming free for all like modern Dynamis works. things would either need to be extremely strong to shut down casual/soloers from interfering with parties in the zone, as well as popping NMs and whatnot.

what I expect to see is an instance where you need to kill Time Extension NMs/Statues that will also spawn additional mobs or lowering barriers, allowing what are relatively open zones to have a direction and flow to them.
By fonewear 2017-11-08 18:17:30  
Basically same thing as dynamis but with stronger NM/mobs check. Only took one year to figure that out.
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-08 18:23:07  

I think I remember reading that in the dat mine the 4 new dyna-d zones were fixed. Could be wrong, but again Dyna is a weird size for instancing. I mean its built to be too big for a single party and offhand I cant think of a layer zone that supports multiple parties.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
サーバ: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-11-08 18:24:23  
Entry item will be 180M and you gonna think twice if you wanna spam it or not :D

10M per ally slot, 15M if you want drops.
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-09 08:18:06  
Info up now on BG

As expected; long lockout (60hrs), 60min base time-limit. Relic +2/+3 gear.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-11-09 09:30:16  
As expected; long lockout (60hrs)
Regret Factor: -100
I knew this new game called RL would have better updates than XI.
By Boshi 2017-11-09 09:31:39  
New game RL:

Featuring constantly pressing refresh on ffxi dev topic.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-09 09:44:47  

I highly doubt it's instanced for the same reason Escha zones and abyssea wasn't.

The Dynamis zones are old from long before SE figured out how to make multiple layers of a zone and then put players in different lanes on entry. This is a copy + paste of those dynamis zones with NPC's rearranged, new loot tables and scripts changed. SE is in low maintenance mode and I doubt they would spend the time to develop new zones. Plus the dynamis zones are huge, larger then any "instanced" content and were never designed to be cut into pieces.

So expect a single large zone you can enter once a day or so and have to fight poped NM's or "battle field" like content.

:Edit:
Just read the translation and LMFAO. Giant lockout time would be the solution to a huge *** zone like that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-09 09:45:39  
Assuming getting time extends to the max 2hrs isn't too obnoxious, a 3 day wait between runs isn't too bad I guess. Especially if each zone has its independent lockout timer, it should be ok in the long-run.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-09 09:53:45  
It could be good if the rate of progress is not too bad.
With a 60hrs lockout it's gotta be better/faster than Omen or many will feel like very displeased.

I'm talking on a per-run basis of course, not overall.
By fonewear 2017-11-09 09:57:23  
Boshi said: »
New game RL:

Featuring constantly pressing refresh on ffxi dev topic.

I've been standing outside shouting for capacity points...still no response.
By fonewear 2017-11-09 09:59:54  
Look forward to high tier Abyssea for Emp reforge plus 2 and 3 !
[+]