users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » More lag issues
More lag issues
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-04 18:55:51  
But at least it's not the same one as last time

So I'm getting weird lag sometimes. Intermittently enough to be annoying to test. Rather than just slowdown, or a dip in fps, this is the type the locks up completely. Full stop, nothing moving, for maybe a second or two. Then it skips forward and recovers. There are also times when it happens consecutively... it's really annoying.

It can happen when I'm just running around, but seems more frequent during combat. Most commonly right as a hit a macro to take action, then it locks up and skips. ***is driving me nuts.

I'm dualboxing, and using dgVoodoo, but I think my graphics settings are on the low end(honestly not sure. I have no clue what most of the ***in the dgVoodoo config means.)

Has anyone had this particular issue before? Or have some settings(dgVoodoo or windower) suggestions to improve performance? I'd like for the game to look good, but I'd sacrifice looks for this running smoothly. Nothing I've tried so far seems to have had any effect.
 Asura.Selindrile
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-11-09 11:56:33  
I've had that once, and I've had FPS dips, ever since the creators update....

For what it's worth I single box, but have rather high DGVoodoo settings.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-09 12:41:14  
Anyone have any tips for improved performance? About the only things I'm not willing to changes are the resolution, and using dgVoodoo. I love not crashing.

But seriously... what the hell does it take to make this game run worth a damn? I thought I had pretty damn good hardware, but this game is running like crap. And it didn't used to... Not even sure what changed.
 Lakshmi.Miang
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-11-09 12:51:04  
Happens to me with the findall addon loaded, never used to happen, then started happening a few months ago, it was fixed for a while, but a couple of weeks ago I moved to the dev branch of windower and the lockup is back again. Sometimes the lock up from findall is so bad that an instance of the game crashes completely before it unlocks.

Maybe try //lua u findall and see if that fixes your issue.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-09 12:53:38  
I've tried playing with no addons or plugins loaded as a test. But I'll re test without findall anyway. and possibly delete my findall and re-download.

Also, I'm currently playing on the dev branch as well.