October 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-10-11 05:40:32  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Also kinda disappointed they only upgraded the original Gorney/Sheneedsdick/Weatherspoon sets and not the 3 new ones as well.
Altough given the magnitude of the increase the don't really sound too interesting.
These are the 2nd generation SoA sets, the original ones are Karieyh, Thurandaut and Orvail. Now they (and the Homestead weapons) are easy to get ilv 119 gear, what makes them very interesting for new and returning players. And that's the intention behind these sets since their conception, right?

That reminds me we never had Haverton, Janniston, Renaye, Vocane, Woltaris and Adoulin sets.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sulia
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2017-10-11 06:47:58  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
anyone else have a 966 file update?
They seemed to have pushed files for the next large battle content update (next month?). Two new songs downloaded.

For some reason, music088 and music089 (the new songs downloaded) are both copies of music087 which is Omen. Not sure why we all now have three copies of Omen...

Both are the same size coming in at 9010kb, which is identical to the original Omen file music087. I replaced Dolphin in POL with them, and sure enough they are all Omen.

Edit: the only thing i can think of is that they needed placeholders for the new content, and they will be overwritten when it is released.
The KI's you get from doing the Vana'versary objectives give you "Ancient Melody: O" and "Ancient Melody: M". If things continue this way, I imagine that one of those will probably be music to set into the Orchestrion in your MH. The other is probably set for whatever new battle content is supposed to come next month.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-10-11 07:20:01  
They are placeholders, no doubt. The Ancient Melody KIs are for the Omega mount to be released only God knows.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 07:26:08  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
clearlyamule said: »
wtf in the world... so the skirmish stones and reisinjima stones are gone from hallmark rewards and now we have Cinna-cookies... I can't even

Skirmish stones have never been permanent, they come back once every few months.
First few months they were there every month until they dropped them and then it's been super rare like think we went a year without them. My more wtf is replacing them with cookies lol
By fonewear 2017-10-11 07:38:19  
I was told there would be cookies ?
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-11 07:55:53  
wtf in the world... so the skirmish stones and reisinjima stones are gone from hallmark rewards and now we have Cinna-cookies... I can't even

Skirmish stones have never been permanent, they come back once every few months.
First few months they were there every month until they dropped them and then it's been super rare like think we went a year without them. My more wtf is replacing them with cookies lol

That's not true, they've never been around for consecutive months. They've only happened 3 or 4 times total.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 08:20:46  

That's not true, they've never been around for consecutive months. They've only happened 3 or 4 times total.
Is there a record of rewards each month cause 1.5 years ago is awhile? Could swear being mad the first time it dropped and was like wtf man why they gone after being here
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 08:35:22  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
Operation: Snake Eyes is the way to farm Qutrub 5 in there really close to start

I need to double check, but it might only be 3
Just checked. Exactly 5 and all really close to the start point. Which is good because not exactly a lot of other places with them and I think only close warp is one of the survival guides
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-10-11 08:55:31  
Lakshmi.Sulia said: »
Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
anyone else have a 966 file update?
They seemed to have pushed files for the next large battle content update (next month?). Two new songs downloaded.

For some reason, music088 and music089 (the new songs downloaded) are both copies of music087 which is Omen. Not sure why we all now have three copies of Omen...

Both are the same size coming in at 9010kb, which is identical to the original Omen file music087. I replaced Dolphin in POL with them, and sure enough they are all Omen.

Edit: the only thing i can think of is that they needed placeholders for the new content, and they will be overwritten when it is released.
The KI's you get from doing the Vana'versary objectives give you "Ancient Melody: O" and "Ancient Melody: M". If things continue this way, I imagine that one of those will probably be music to set into the Orchestrion in your MH. The other is probably set for whatever new battle content is supposed to come next month.

Interesting theory. The only thing is that for all of the other bg music items for mog houses, they share the same music files as the event itself.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-11 09:10:53  
Definitely will be for Omega lol. They teased Omega mount.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-10-11 09:16:35  
Saw a shout for a nin nin run whm geo cor/brd setup vs volume 1 earlier.I'm guessing that has something to do with this month's strategy.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 09:23:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Saw a shout for a nin nin run whm geo cor/brd setup vs volume 1 earlier.I'm guessing that has something to do with this month's strategy.
Melee attacks seem to be pretty bad acc so super tanking seems easish since they aren't gaining much and keeping up shadows might help with the physical moves when feeding tp. Also Migawari would help on the random ridiculous dmg one shot moves.

Most the moves are fairly tame but turn the tables is a huge dmg drain move that hasn't one shotted me yet but has done a huge chunk at lower difficulties and Phantom whorl did 14k to my trust tank on VE lol
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-10-11 09:24:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

MNK/Dual Wield jobs should do well this month. It was very easy to max out weaponskill damage, also melee damage was critting for 35k+ at times.

Hitting fast and often is probably a good thing. I bet even a PLD or a RUN will be hitting some high numbers on their weaponskills.

My WAR felt like it was overkill, I'll probably be Dual Wielding this month. (Metraton Torment was maxing damage, Reso had it's full potential limited)

Hexa Strike was also breaking 99k, Im probably going to spam the crap out of that or even Ruinator.

Kind of annoying.

I noticed the main NM had pretty weak attacks over all.

For that one shot move I just out ran it, TPed/Stripped Shadows/Out ran it/Mistral Axed/Repeated.

@Mods
BTW I don't want to sound ungrateful. But is ffxiah going to be updated any time soon? We are still a month behind.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 10:56:42  
So interesting note main did not use turn the tables in my 2nd fight but did start using headed palms and unblest jambiya which it didn't in my previous fight. Might be related might not. Don't think I broke weapon first fight did really early on 2nd fight. Also 2nd fight got message from killing ad that waz "bosses phantom blade no longer looks uncanny" which didn't get first time so that might have something to do with it. And as noted above phantoms whorl at low up can be outrank fairly easily unless you using pets
 Cerberus.Logical
サーバ: Cerberus
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2017-10-11 11:02:47  
I can't stop laughing at the description for the spectral chair mount, which states:

Quote:
An astral notebook inscribed with sheet music on how to make a call appealing to a spectral chair. Can be shown to Mapitoto in Upper Jeuno for recording so that you may ride a spectral chair mount.

So now I have this goofy image of a hunter out in a dense, dark forest, bow drawn, making a ridiculous musical appeal to a chair, when out from the bushes bursts a pack of wild spectral chairs, unable to resist the classical rendition contained in the astral notebook. Furthermore, let's remember that it's a GHOSTLY chair (perhaps it has memories of all those who sat upon it), so perhaps one or two chairs whose legs were broken by a portly drunk sitting down too hard will be very upset in the afterlife (but still, unable to resist this musical tune).

So absurd. SE really needs to allocate like all of 10 minutes to work on some of these descriptions...although they sure are good for a laugh.
 Asura.Truece
サーバ: Asura
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2017-10-11 11:12:13  
Cerberus.Logical said: »
Furthermore, let's remember that it's a GHOSTLY chair (perhaps it has memories of all those who sat upon it)

The seat is still warm!
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-10-11 12:43:22  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Initial observations of Vol. 1 Difficult:

GEO GEO RUN WHM BLU BLU

-Recommended to use DD that dual wield and have access to shadows.
-70% to 30% HP it spams a multiple buff dispel move(4-5 buffs), so recommended to use GEO as buffer.
-Summons adds around 70% and 30%
-If you keep damaging boss while adds are out, it will gain an en-death effect on melee attacks. The proc rate of which will increase the more you damage the main NM.
-Killing the adds removes the en-death effect, which is signified by a message in chat.
-Under 30% NM gains access to(and will only use) Phantom Whorl, which is an extremely high damage, single hit attack. Even with Wilt and RUN max DT set, I was taking 3-6K damage.
-NM is harmless under 30% as long as you keep shadows up.
-Not sure on Triple Reversal mechanics used by 2nd set of adds, other than to have tank eat them so main DD stay alive. Can shadows absorb this attack too?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 12:57:07  
Vol 2 VD pretty gross. Fight what looks like a taru in Halloween gear. Pitchfork, eerie cloak pumpkin head. Uses low level polearm ws... saw raiden thrust, penta thrust, double thrust... And would keep stun locking by sweeping the leg. Most the as only did about 400-600 without dt melee hits not so bad. But has some kind of dt itself. Was using eft pet and blunt and slashing move both did vastly lower than expected dmg like 1-1.5k. When trust used tomahawk jumped to 2-2.5k.

Pops spooky adds occasionally. Skeletons, hounds then ghosts. They not too hard but could definitely kill you if you afkd on the boss. They go down pretty easy though.

Boss though takes forever. Literally don't think I've ever spent half that long doing any ambuscade fight ever
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2017-10-11 13:10:44  
Vol. 2 VD

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-11 13:22:59  
And would keep stun locking by sweeping the leg.
Looks like SE is watching Rua's videos again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-10-11 14:09:04  
You can easily outrun the one shot move under 30%. It has a long startup and short range.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-11 14:18:47  
Boss used triple reversal on me for like 33k dmg, but we had no tank
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-10-11 14:29:36  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Boss used triple reversal on me for like 33k dmg, but we had no tank

You got knocked, da fuk out!
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-10-11 14:56:48  
So is it safe to assume that the Oct. ambuscade is not going have this back-to-back (to-back-to-back-to-back....) perfect dodge nonsense?
By geigei 2017-10-11 14:57:33  
Sudden lunge all the things, once again blu is king.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-10-11 14:58:53  
is it bad if i thought everyone was just say spooky adds and stuff just being festive?
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-10-11 15:14:25  
Can’t log in yet to check but wanted to know that I am reading this correctly. The vol.1 has 2 different fights associated with it this month? Qutrubs from VE-D then the Spooky Taru in VD?
By Davorin 2017-10-11 15:22:04  
Vol 1 is qutrub, and Vol 2 is spooky taru.