user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-08 06:05:40  
anik said: »
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
fonewear said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »
I have Aegis on PLD (No Burt), and I started Tiz/Almace(80) Its just a matter of funding 6 accounts with random play times, and still making them as efficient as possible, with out just saying "Hey I have all Whiteboxes" I would rather everything work in unison, and I am actually able to enjoy my time. If I need to spam boring stuff I can, I just rather spend my time killing!

Wait, are you talking about 6-boxing here?

Yes, and no. At time I can or will, but I also have some friends that. I just want to maximize the amount of things I do.

Wait a minute you have friends... why the hell do you need to low man then ?
Not enough to make more than an alliance! haha. Also It's much easier than 6 boxing, so I usually fill the spots of mules.
You are the perfect candidate for LS leader. All you need are a few extra people who know end game but hate sharing with 18 people and losing lots. If you can manage to share with others who join you in a static crew then all your dreams can come true. It doesn't hurt to take a few extra people along for the ride.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Me and some one were actually discussing this possibility last night... It may actually be happening.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-08 08:33:21  
improve your equipment swaps and organization instead of worrying about big ticket items, those jobs should be able to do everything except HELMs/WoC/MT without any outside help/RMEA/big HQs, if you're losing to Gin you are playing like ***

besides that, they are right to say get/make a ls.. if you can't play 6 well you should either be in a situation where all 6 are not expected to play well or using less than 6
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-08 08:40:07  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
improve your equipment swaps and organization instead of worrying about big ticket items, those jobs should be able to do everything except HELMs/WoC/MT without any outside help/RMEA/big HQs, if you're losing to Gin you are playing like ***

besides that, they are right to say get/make a ls.. if you can't play 6 well you should either be in a situation where all 6 are not expected to play well or using less than 6

I'd be glad to show gearsets to see if there might be something I am falling to miss?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-08 08:42:10  
you're crazy if you think i or anyone else is going to look over 20~ gearswap files to see if you're doing it right or not

but i can say without a doubt you have appropriate job combinations to kill anything besides the previously mentioned exceptions if you have job master, appropriate but not necessarily expensive gear, and can play well

obviously missing something in there if you're struggling on things as simple as omen
By fonewear 2017-10-08 09:05:45  

I'd be glad to show gearsets to see if there might be something I am falling to miss?

You should come to Phoenix we got like 20 people that speak English...
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-08 09:39:10  
you're crazy if you think i or anyone else is going to look over 20~ gearswap files to see if you're doing it right or not

but i can say without a doubt you have appropriate job combinations to kill anything besides the previously mentioned exceptions if you have job master, appropriate but not necessarily expensive gear, and can play well

obviously missing something in there if you're struggling on things as simple as omen

I didn't expect that at all, I'm not crazy. Just was talking specifics. Is the really niche stuff even worth going over? I wouldn't think so. Also I was talking originally from a dps stand point. I don't think that's really more than a few sets knowing I don't have rmea.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-08 09:46:01  
fonewear said: »

You should come to Phoenix we got like 20 people that speak English...

I might of I was in to the game like I use to be, truth is I am not though. Between school and work I try to plan time. I just wouldn't want to pay for transfers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-08 09:54:26  
I didn't expect that at all, I'm not crazy. Just was talking specifics. Is the really niche stuff even worth going over? I wouldn't think so. Also I was talking originally from a dps stand point. I don't think that's really more than a few sets knowing I don't have rmea.
Again, don't care to go over your jobs. Ask yourself some of these questions:

Do I have a DT set on every job I play?
Do I use these DT sets when healing becomes unmanagable or TP moves are threatening?
Do I have multiple levels of accuracy gear on every DPS?
Do I keep an eye on my hitrate, adjusting my accuracy set or buffs when it is below 95-99%?
Do I know which of my sets have more and less magic evasion, and switch accordingly?
Do I consider and use barspells/carols in combination with higher m.eva gear as practical to negate more threatening status effects and TP moves?
Do I consider and use skillchains whenever practical to increase my damage?
Do I ever feel overwhelmed and think 'that wouldn't have happened if I reacted faster'?

These are questions we obviously know the correct answer to. The point is to look at your actual reaction, to help decide where you're lacking. A good DPS playing 1 job will have 0 difficulty doing all of these things. In a group of 6 varied players, you're likely to have a few fully optimized borderline OCD people min-maxing every tiny thing like this to make up for the worse players who aren't. When you're all by yourself, you don't have that luxury, so you need to consider all these factors yourself and apply them accordingly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-08 10:01:27  
Again, don't care to go over your jobs. Ask yourself some of these questions:

Do I have a DT set on every job I play?
Do I use these DT sets when healing becomes unmanagable or TP moves are threatening?
Do I have multiple levels of accuracy gear on every DPS?
Do I keep an eye on my hitrate, adjusting my accuracy set or buffs when it is below 95-99%?
Do I know which of my sets have more and less magic evasion, and switch accordingly?
Do I consider and use barspells/carols in combination with higher m.eva gear as practical to negate more threatening status effects and TP moves?
Do I consider and use skillchains whenever practical to increase my damage?
Do I ever feel overwhelmed and think 'that wouldn't have happened if I reacted faster'?

These are questions we obviously know the correct answer to. The point is to look at your actual reaction, to help decide where you're lacking. A good DPS playing 1 job will have 0 difficulty doing all of these things. In a group of 6 varied players, you're likely to have a few fully optimized borderline OCD people min-maxing every tiny thing like this to make up for the worse players who aren't. When you're all by yourself, you don't have that luxury, so you need to consider all these factors yourself and apply them accordingly.

Thanks for the info, and the answer is yes. However I do know I have areas for improvement especially on some newer mules. This all definitely answers a majority of the questions I had, as I felt those things would be more beneficial (119 Reforges/DT/etc), than a single weapon. Was just curious on thoughts. I appreciate everything.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-08 10:09:40  
I'm not saying the weapons aren't a colossal help, because they are(especially Idris and Marsyas). But, if you're still missing any of the basics in either gear or playstyle, that's going to make much more of a difference.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-08 10:12:17  
I'm not saying the weapons aren't a colossal help, because they are(especially Idris and Marsyas). But, if you're still missing any of the basics in either gear or playstyle, that's going to make much more of a difference.

100% how I felt, I just wanted some insight, thanks. I'm definitely looking in to aeonic horn soon, as I've heard hide things about it since the buff to songs. Idris should be done in a week or so, depending on scheduling, and how big a pain the next ambuscade is.