New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » September 2017 Version Update
September 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 16:44:49  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Here is the dialogue from Mewk after you receive the crystal from your guild master. It seems the skillchain items added in this update are for the fourth stage shields.
Posted with params filled in last page for bone. You missed a secondary CS that one leads into, as well. Someone else posted the mentioned items for wood. Looks like each craft will give away 2 ingredients. All seems to be annoying stuff that requires hand farming.

lightning: bomb coal, quadav fetich torso
wind: elshimo marble, demon pen

Have you been able to do those synths to get the Craftchain Spheres?

Edit: Using a Lightning Crystal and a Quadav Fetich Head, I was able to get a Gravitation Sphere on an HQ result. I got a Scission Sphere on an NQ.

And so far, the break rate is *HORRIBLE*.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-12 16:48:43  
Haven't tried. Rushed through craftsmanship because I was curious what was next, way behind on GP so going to wait and see what others discover before actually trying it.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-09-12 17:41:22  
Marootsoobootsu said: »
Here is the dialogue from Mewk after you receive the crystal from your guild master. It seems the skillchain items added in this update are for the fourth stage shields.
Posted with params filled in last page for bone. You missed a secondary CS that one leads into, as well. Someone else posted the mentioned items for wood. Looks like each craft will give away 2 ingredients. All seems to be annoying stuff that requires hand farming.

Edit: Using a Lightning Crystal and a Quadav Fetich Head, I was able to get a Gravitation Sphere on an HQ result. I got a Scission Sphere on an NQ.

Break rate being horrible because of lightning crystal?
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 17:57:46  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
Marootsoobootsu said: »

Break rate being horrible because of lightning crystal?
Why would lightning crystal cause horrible break rates? Assuming it's desynth or something?
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 17:59:21  
Yeah, everything so far is Wind or Lightning, so it seems desynthing.

I've had almost all of the elements come from it, so it doesn't seem to be tied to fire makes liquification/fusion/light, or anything like that, so I'm assuming it's Desynth, too.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-09-12 18:17:16  
What are you suppose to do with the Craftchain Spheres?
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 19:05:48  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
What are you suppose to do with the Craftchain Spheres?

They're used with the shield imrpovement system. Not sure exactly yest, but it seems to be something based on skill chains; I'll know more tonight after work if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 19:39:59  
Could be but crystal types themselves don't determine if it's desynth or not. That said generally speaking anything to do with breaking down beastmen race drops is. Might be worth it to get the moghancement as that used to make a rather large difference back in the day doing that
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-12 20:10:40  
Pretty easy to tell, desynths say 'obtained' while synths say 'synthesized' if you disable battlemod and synth vanilla.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-12 21:18:15  
Frayed arrow(lightning) and Demon Pen(wind) for CC
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-12 21:28:09  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Frayed arrow(lightning) and Demon Pen(wind) for CC
So easy enough to get items but annoying cant stack?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-12 22:17:12  
You have to desynth them
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 22:22:08  
Also:

It seems that Lightning Desynths (or at least the Fetiches), give: Liquification, Reverbration, Detonation, Scission, Fusion, Distortion, and Light results; I'm guessing that Wind gives the other 7.

Edit And as soon as I type that, I literally get a Darkness Sphere from a lightning, followed by a gravitation. SO, maybe any of them can give anything?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-12 22:37:54  
Each fetich gives a different result. You can't get all of them from one item. For instance, the arms will yield liquefaction with a NQ or HQ1, fusion with a HQ2, and light with a HQ3.

Edit:
It seems like you can get
Head: scission/gravitation/darkness
Torso: reverberation/distortion/darkness
Arms: liquefaction/fusion/light
Legs: detonation/fragmentation/light

I may have to double check, but either way, you can get all but four of the Lv1 SC properties in Palborough if you bring a whole bunch of lightning crystals with you. It's getting kind of crowded here on Carbuncle now, but I don't know any better camps to farm these.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-09-12 23:26:13  
The amount of craftsmanship gained per synth has decreased in each successive stage. Stage1/2 were under 2 hours, stage3 took around 5, and stage4 takes around 10.
That matches up with what I've noticed. Time spent grinding synths seems to double each stage now.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-13 00:10:14  
The machine thing is fairly straight forward. It follows the SC chart. Use a wind + detonation to start > earth + scission it will make scission onto the machine. From there you could do water + reverberation or fire + liquefaction. After that if you went the liquefaction route, I am unsure if you would use a fusion + fire/light, or impaction + thunder or light/fire? since it would make fusion with an impaction property.

You need a catalyst for every sc you do as well. They are in order which you need. So, you can prepare each time you want to do a set.

Not really sure how much spirit you need though. I did like 10~? And it looked like the meter was still at one
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-13 00:23:22  
Maybe I was doing something wrong, but it doesn't work exactly like the weapons. I tried to repeat scission and detonation, but it would just stop chaining. I did a lot more than just 10~, but the gauge didn't budge at all.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-13 00:26:05  
I saw an HQ animation on reverberation and it gave 3 instead of 2.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-13 00:36:45  
Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Maybe I was doing something wrong, but it doesn't work exactly like the weapons. I tried to repeat scission and detonation, but it would just stop chaining. I did a lot more than just 10~, but the gauge didn't budge at all.
Well weapons can't actually infinite skillchain due to timer decreases so maybe that's factored in too?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-13 00:45:46  
Hmmm, yeah. I just started relying on shorter chains, but maybe there is some sort of timer involved for the crafting chains too.
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-13 02:25:35  
Frayed Arrows make Impaction-related spheres.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-13 12:38:40  
Not sure if anybody else has noticed this, but there seems to be some buggy behavior with the 30k WS objectives in Omen now. Your WS doesn't seem to count sometimes. I did a 45k Reso and it was counted, but I have also done a 30k+ Savage Blade (no the mob did not die) and it was not counted. Skillchains don't seem to be counted for this anymore either (although it could have been the first bug happening again by chance many times.)
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-13 13:41:01  
I've always noticed this bug, but I'll admit it seems to happen more often since the patch.
I'm talking about both: >30k not killing (WS alone) not counting and >30k not killing (WS+SC) not counting

Not a 100% thing either though, because some other times it works as it should.
Oddly enough though this only happens for WS for me, never saw it happen for the 15k non MB or the 30k MB nuke ones.

Another thing that's broken is the "kill XX mobs", I always have to kill MORE than it asks me to. Think sometimes it doesn't give you credit for some mobs. Maybe if you kill too fast or something? I dunno really.

Question: has Lunge MB never worked for the 30k MB objective or is it a recent change?
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-09-13 13:52:06  
Are there any guides out for the strange apparatuses that include their new behavior?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-09-13 14:48:15  
People have mentioned the 30k+ WS objective not working on the Trans Mandragora. Are you experiencing this with the Mandragora, or a different mob?
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-09-13 15:20:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta said: »
People have mentioned the 30k+ WS objective not working on the Trans Mandragora. Are you experiencing this with the Mandragora, or a different mob?
If the Trans Mandragora guards a WS, it won't count for the objective.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-13 15:42:06  
It might have been that. I can check my logs later today.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-13 15:44:02  
We did two omen runs last night and my wife landed the 30k each time we got it even on the Mandy. I'm sure Hiepy is right though. I bet it's the Mandy giving people issues.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-13 15:47:39  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I've always noticed this bug, but I'll admit it seems to happen more often since the patch.
I'm talking about both: >30k not killing (WS alone) not counting and >30k not killing (WS+SC) not counting

Not a 100% thing either though, because some other times it works as it should.
Oddly enough though this only happens for WS for me, never saw it happen for the 15k non MB or the 30k MB nuke ones.

Another thing that's broken is the "kill XX mobs", I always have to kill MORE than it asks me to. Think sometimes it doesn't give you credit for some mobs. Maybe if you kill too fast or something? I dunno really.

Question: has Lunge MB never worked for the 30k MB objective or is it a recent change?
I haven't paid attention each time but I doubt it is always for kill xxx given you can and I have since the update gotten amounts that corresponded to every single available mob. And the other night actually had kill iirc 55 which meant all but 1 sweetwater and sure enough finished with 1 left

My set isn't good enough to hit the 30k with my trusts but pretty sure I've seen it still record me for that objective as the highest. Side note Lunge and swipe both count as crits for objectives

Edit: Not working on MB now it seems
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11