言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Change to best server possible
Change to best server possible
First Page 2 3 4
By kinkanat 2017-08-26 17:57:27  
Hello, I open this post because I am a player of more than 12 years of FFXI, I am in the server Ragnarok from the beginning but each time its population is lower, and the few that play it do in closed groups and there is very little life , There are almost no shouts and if I try to mount events, very few people are targeted because there are few people on the server.

I have been told that Asura is where there are more players playing, but they also say that there are many mercenaries and few friendly players and that they pay for everything, they also say that the requirements to be part of many LS are absurdly high.

Well, I open this post for players of this server to tell me if it is worth going from Ragnarok to Asura, if there is enough life and it is worth the change.

A priori I am pld with mithic / aegis / ochain / master, nin master, war ragnarok, pup and some more poorly equipped jobs.

My idea is to find people with whom to make events, reisengima, aeonics, omen, ambuscade ....
My English is not very good, I am Spanish, and my schedule is GMT +1.
By anik 2017-08-26 18:44:29  
Mules on Asura have their PLDs and GEO's already capped, they just stand there and then play on SMN to kill stuff.

It's an active server though.

I've been on asura for a few hours now.

Even the well geared gamers are trolls who have limited social graces and 0 redeeming qualities, as people.

If you met them in real life, and they needed your help, they would turn around and sue you for doing something wrong.

If you did well, your assistance would be forgotten within a few minutes as soon as some new event popped up in chat.

Yeah I know, its only been a few hours and I've learned a lot.
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-08-26 18:57:09  
Can always come here and join my shell. It's worth it if you want to get things done.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-26 19:08:05  
If you are looking for a place where you can login and get things done, Asura is your pick. It has its good and bad moments as any server with players could have. I could list them all, but you get the idea. It's more or less first-world problems over here, due to having many players to party with. PUGs can be hit or miss, so you will occasionally join or form something with players who aren't optimal.

If you have a linkshell who is doing stuff then you will never run out of things to do. If not, you may find yourself bored and needing to form your own groups.

Like I said, first world problems. You get more done here than elsewhere, just have to deal with the nonsense from time to time.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-26 20:18:12  
Cerberus is quiet, but we have players who are German and Austrian who do things at your time. They like to get on with things. And there's no nonsense here.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-26 20:33:03  
Leviathan has Me, so already a minus there.
369 ppl as of right now, all bets are 1/2 are 2nd account so yeah, small town feel.
 Asura.Kek
user: Numbahz
By Asura.Kek 2017-08-26 21:49:19  
At this point of the game its not about quantity near as much as quality within your bubble of comfort, in my own opinion and based on your comments.
[+]
By Quizzy 2017-08-26 22:20:06  
I agree with Kylos, small server but people are on at all times of the day and all of the groups are open if you are willing to be a good dude and work towards goals.

I started two years ago from scratch and I've done everything the game has to offer. There are at least two English speaking shells that are open to absolutely everyone and they both serve as excellent sources of networking to other linkshells.
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-08-27 00:05:32  
Asura has many many first world problems, but they are just that.
Some complain about ah being undercut but you have items in stock for sale, and the prices usually are fair to the buyer more than the seller.

Some point out its hard to get anything done with pugs(with in reason), but there are people on, that need things and that makes stuff for you to do. Just don't expect to have a successful pug group do a full clear of an aeonic, not that its impossible, just very unlikely to happen

Others point out the problems of server drama, X player said stuff about player Z, in the end this usually equates to a mudslinging contest that has little basis in fact, or with in reason. (some shouts are endlessly entertaining though)

Thing is if your a good character no one is out to get you, and more than enough ls are willing to help gear you if you are just on time and reliable.

Expect to have tons of competition getting into ambuscade if its a good month, expect to have undercutters in the AH/ Bazaars. Expect to deal with some trolls. And not all the trolls are bad most just like waking the drama lama's on the server.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-08-27 00:06:15  
on fenrir. my ls leader runs alts and basically carries a few of us to victory. if he wasnt there i probably wouldnt get anything done. so dont go here!

they really should just do another merge... but im sure thats been said before
[+]
 Leviathan.Hirasaki
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Demerol69
By Leviathan.Hirasaki 2017-08-27 01:05:24  
/sea all Asura right now says 1528 ppl online :D. Ppl pug omen bosses/T3 Reisenjima NM/Vagary/Delve here.

Lots of mercenaries and new players as well.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-08-27 01:45:52  
asura
By Kodaijin 2017-08-27 01:54:04  
Asura best by far
By geigei 2017-08-27 02:12:02  
You people implying more population is a good thing.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-27 02:16:42  
geigei said: »
You people implying more population is a good thing.

In an MMO it is, otherwise your just playing a multiplayer game with your friends sitting on a sofa at home. The "Massively" part of Massively Multiplayer Online Game is kind of important.

There is a reason people keep migrating to Asura and other larger servers, these games only thrive when you have a large active population base doing stuff constantly. Not just a handful of low man groups using 3~4 accounts from long gone friends.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-08-27 02:16:57  
Definitely Asura.
By geigei 2017-08-27 02:20:39  
Yes but you also know big numbers means lots of idiots, now when you have your own group you're shielded from that. Random guy changing to asura hoping for better life will have it rough, yes you get yells for everything but pug is pug. My main concern is ambush que over the rest of cons.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-27 02:45:14  
It's a simple math problem. Multiply by x

If your server has 300 people, 100 mules, 100 complete clueless failures, 50 average-good people and 50 rmea idris onry people.

It'll be exactly the same anywhere you go, just multiply by x. More OPPORTUNITIES via shout also comes with more FAILS at said content via shout.

The Ego on Asura is out of control. Yeah, there's more ***to buy and sell but the amount of straight up full-retard really lowers the value.

There are more bad players on this one server than there are total players on every other server. This is important information.

[Mod Edit: Removed name drops because drama. - AnnaMolly]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-08-27 02:47:56  
ambuscade queues are actually not terrible on asura but then again we have no jp community really and i play mostly at jp times lol also get used to the words "i'm pregnant again" lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-08-27 02:50:37  
also "ambuscade vol.2 difficult do you need it idris geo honor march brd can i have it" you literally have people who won't even attempt a v1 skirmish without an idris lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By kinkanat 2017-08-27 07:41:33  
Okay, thank you very much for your answers. On the dramas is normal if there are many people, I remember in the 75th era in Ragnarok there were legendary dramas like those of Chocobogordo, Tarualianza, King Brujo ... and many more.

I do not have friends who play constantly, that's why I look for people with whom to do things and to point me to shouts or a nice good LS and have fun.

In the end if I go to Asura, thank you very much for your help and answers.

My name is Caramonn in the game, if you want a tanke (pld, nin, run or pup) do tell me and we'll have a good time together.

Anyway I hope Squareenix not late to gather servers, I think it would do a good thing to the game since there is absolutely nothing now or in the future that even remotely resemble this wonderful FFXI ...
I hope it came back FFXIV 1.23 ...
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-08-27 07:52:08  
If you're a decent player with a good attitude and are willing to help and reciprocate, then you'll find that you'll be able to thrive on any server, large or small. Even fresh returnees in Sparks can find friends and get things done on so-called 'dead servers'.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-27 08:08:24  
Only drawback of asura is you'll see some pretty absurd requirements for pug at times. RMEA DD for capacity party. Outrageous.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-27 08:41:28  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Only drawback of asura is you'll see some pretty absurd requirements for pug at times. RMEA DD for capacity party. Outrageous.

Yeah some of that ***is bonkers, chalk it up to noobs who saw some group do something and wants to replicate it without knowing the why. I'd say the only time "REMA" type ***becomes a requirement is when your past CL135~140. Reisen T2 Weapons are great replacements / hold overs.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-08-27 09:02:26  
kinkanat said: »
the 75th era
The 75th Astral era? Wow, to think that FFXIV was actually a prequel to XI all along. What a twist, SquareEnix.

Alright, alright, I kid. Don't be upset with me. As a fellow Ragnarokian/Ragnarokan, I'm slightly saddened that another one bites the dust.

...not that I'm actively playing or anything.

anik said: »
Mules on Asura have their PLDs and GEO's already capped, they just stand there and then play on SMN to kill stuff.

It's an active server though.

I've been on asura for a few hours now.

Even the well geared gamers are trolls who have limited social graces and 0 redeeming qualities, as people.

If you met them in real life, and they needed your help, they would turn around and sue you for doing something wrong.

If you did well, your assistance would be forgotten within a few minutes as soon as some new event popped up in chat.

Yeah I know, its only been a few hours and I've learned a lot.
Regardless of the veracity of those statements, that was some funny ***. [+]

Asura.Saevel said: »
In an MMO it is, otherwise your just playing a multiplayer game with your friends sitting on a sofa at home. The "Massively" part of Massively Multiplayer Online Game is kind of important.

There is a reason people keep migrating to Asura and other larger servers, these games only thrive when you have a large active population base doing stuff constantly. Not just a handful of low man groups using 3~4 accounts from long gone friends.
That is generally true, and I disagree with geigei's reasoning. But in FFXI, it depends on the flavor of the month event(s): are they pug-friendly (e.g Voidwatch era) or do they require a well-coordinated group? If it's the former, then a server with a larger population is a no brainer. If it's the latter, then perhaps you have a higher chance at finding competent players to form groups to farm stuff with on larger servers, but you will have to go through a larger number of unskilled players.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's a simple math problem. Multiply by x

If your server has 300 people, 100 mules, 100 complete clueless failures, 50 average-good people and 50 rmea idris onry people.

It'll be exactly the same anywhere you go, just multiply by x. More OPPORTUNITIES via shout also comes with more FAILS at said content via shout.

The Ego on Asura is out of control. Yeah, there's more ***to buy and sell but the amount of straight up full-retard really lowers the value.

There are more bad players on this one server than there are total players on every other server. This is important information.
I generally agree, but you might be overlooking other factors that contribute to "player quality" by oversimplifying the math.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-27 09:30:28  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
That is generally true, and I disagree with geigei's reasoning. But in FFXI, it depends on the flavor of the month event(s): are they pug-friendly (e.g Voidwatch era) or do they require a well-coordinated group? If it's the former, then a server with a larger population is a no brainer. If it's the latter, then perhaps you have a higher chance at finding competent players to form groups to farm stuff with on larger servers, but you will have to go through a larger number of unskilled players.

There are more skilled players on the larger servers by virtue of numbers. What really happens is that everyone has their circle of co-players who are capable of doing many things. Frequently you just need 1~2 extra people and you resort to looking outside your group. You first start in your various LS's and social connections, and then move on the /shout. Thing is, on a big server you end up with a growing supply of connections to pull from, on a small server there is a diminishing pool, and by now it's likely diminished to the point where there simply isn't one anymore. I witnessed this first hand on Lakshmi, it shrank to the point where you had like 2~3 groups doing anything and everyone clamored to get into those groups. Prime time population was in the 500~700 range at best and eventually I and a whole LS moved to Bahamut due to the shrinking size of Lakshmi. Later I moved from Bahamut to Asura for much the same reason.

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
...not that I'm actively playing or anything.

That's the problem right there.

SE needs to do a server merge again, take a number of those smaller servers and merge them together. That and make server transfers for accounts older then a year free for like six months. Once a server gets below ~500 active population during prime time it enters a death spiral, you really want over ~1000 active people to maintain the momentum needed to entertain people.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-27 10:55:50  
There's no reason to server merge when players have the option to do it for themselves. SE is making money off of a service that should be free. If you want to play with bodies you'll need to pay. I don't foresee any merge coming anytime soon
[+]
By Draylo 2017-08-27 12:51:38  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I wasn't aware that we've met?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-27 12:56:06  
There's so much bias here .. but yeah, higher population does not always mean a better experience. Some players have transferred to Asura in the past, only to move back to their original server as they couldn't fit in. It's the same for any server, you have to find your group of friends and it makes things easier.

Like I and Quizzy said, Cerberus might be small, but we are working hard to make sure everyone has a group to work with at their times. We are trying hard to get people, so if you want to join a group and ensure you have a spot, a quieter server would offer that. A higher pop server would likely have all the best players already banded together and have everything, whereas players here are still progressing and looking for new players to join them on the ride.

Difficult to sell a low-population server, but yeah, we get things done even if it takes a little longer than others. And there's no drama anywhere, mostly everyone gets along.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4