フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Crashing on Caturae
Crashing on Caturae
 Ragnarok.Dani
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lardan
By Ragnarok.Dani 2017-07-29 21:46:52  
Hej Guys!
For the last 2-3 weaks ive been having my scren frozen when fighting alot of the Caturae bosses, mainly OU. Scren freezes and pol chrashes (just shuts down), i get the msg that pol stoped working. Did a file check a couple of times and funny thing is that it also freezes at the same spot every time. the 103.dat file. Have no idea if this as any thing to do with the problem i have in game but it anoys me that i cant compleate a file check and even more that i cant be relied on for bosses. Anyone else had this problem?
I remember i used to have trouble with screen freezing on vagary feet NM a few years back but it solved itself after some version update from SE
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2017-07-29 22:13:56  
There are a few liable culprits I would check first.

1) Turn of in-game shadows
2) Turn on graphics stabilization in your FFXI Config tool.
3) If you're using Guildworks plug-in, try turning that off.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Dani
By Ragnarok.Dani 2017-07-29 22:22:19  
Sweets, ty. will try that. after last freeze i turned off weather. will do shadows and graphics stabilization. I dont use guildwork.
 Ragnarok.Dani
By Ragnarok.Dani 2017-07-29 22:24:17  
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Posting in the best thread
[+] for spelling caturae right
XD i did double check wiki
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-07-29 23:02:30  
It sounds like you have a corrupted dat.

You can attempt to repair it using CHKDSK /r in command prompt as admin. It should then reboot your pc and scan for errors and repair them. If it is successful you should be able to then complete the file check in POL and download a new copy of any corrupted dats.

Depending on the size and speed of your hard drive this may take a really long time so don't do it when you want to use your pc.

If it's an old mechanical drive it could be an indication that it's starting to fail (make sure your data is backed up) or it could just be bad luck.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-07-29 23:33:57  
Sylph.Reain said: »
It sounds like you have a corrupted dat.

You can attempt to repair it using CHKDSK /r in command prompt as admin. It should then reboot your pc and scan for errors and repair them. If it is successful you should be able to then complete the file check in POL and download a new copy of any corrupted dats.

Depending on the size and speed of your hard drive this may take a really long time so don't do it when you want to use your pc.

If it's old mechanical drive it could be an indication that it's starting to fail (make sure your data is backed up) or it could just be bad luck.

Hypothetically, if OP could locate the 103.dat in the game files and deleted it, would the file check detect this and fix it? I agree that it seems that 103.dat is corrupted and is also throwing off the file check.
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-07-29 23:36:49  
Possibly but most likely no. It's probably not read/writable and CHKDSK will need to remap a blank block/sector to that point.
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-29 23:44:21  
He's talking about deleting it and having POL's file check notice it's gone and redownload it.

If said file is corrupted (could be the effects file for a caturae TP move or the like) and that's the problem, that should fix it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Dani
By Ragnarok.Dani 2017-07-30 21:02:39  
Got the same tip from ls mates, to delete the 103 file and that would solve file check and file check would replace the 103.dat. Starting out with just config adjustements for now, will know if it worked by wednesday. After that i might have to search out the file or wait for version update as i had simular problem with Rancibus but no longer do. thx for all the input guys :)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-30 21:09:24  
Ragnarok.Dani said: »
Got the same tip from ls mates, to delete the 103 file and that would solve file check and file check would replace the 103.dat. Starting out with just config adjustements for now, will know if it worked by wednesday. After that i might have to search out the file or wait for version update as i had simular problem with Rancibus but no longer do. thx for all the input guys :)

Dont' have to wait lol- head to abyssea and fight an easy one, or pop a T1 in Ru'Ann with trusts- most jobs can solo at least 4 of 'em.
 Ragnarok.Dani
By Ragnarok.Dani 2017-07-30 21:20:07  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Ragnarok.Dani said: »

Dont' have to wait lol- head to abyssea and fight an easy one, or pop a T1 in Ru'Ann with trusts- most jobs can solo at least 4 of 'em.

You are right but i left out that sinse this started ive only had screen freeze on Shaha 100% and Ou 100% (think its been 8-9 times in a row) and one of the normal bosses once. The rest of them have been np
 Ragnarok.Dani
By Ragnarok.Dani 2017-08-06 18:37:01  
After version update did 3 straight Ou without any freezes. Maybe SE just had some slip up with last one. Thx guys for all the tips!