Humour Me Please :)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Humour me please :)
Humour me please :)
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-09 12:12:14  
Kodaijin said: »
Back when FFXI was a bit harder...
Just found this online and wanted to share the nostalgia.
YouTube Video Placeholder
Oh damn. This is the video I discovered Wumpscut from.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-09 12:22:11  
Fondest memory was finishing Divine Might with 18 players, with literally seconds left. idk why but that fight made me into the man I am today (chuckles). It was really the first time I did an 18 man event with so many coordinated responsibilities and job assignments. Most HNMls at the time you just "showed up" and whacked the NM/chi blast spam. DM you had to be on your toes.

Other great memories of the game:

Ballista Cerberus 2004+/Royale
First Christmas/Summerfest event in-game (will never forget the music and the nostalgia)
First time PUP was released, that Aydeewa Subterrane video (still brings chills up my spine)
Chains of Promathia - Doing the lvl30 promise with 30~ people following each other. Call me crazy, but those parties were the most fun I've ever had in this game.
Sacrarium/Riverne with alliances.

Can't hold back the crocodile tears. ; ; ; ; ;
By Kodaijin 2017-08-09 12:26:38  
Setting the alarm to wake up at 4am cuz thats when the JP linkshell that could beat Kirin was going to do a run. Somehow i managed to get a pearl (RDMs were always needed back then) and went to the event. Was crazy fun and the fight took forever. Seeing someone in an osode for the first time was mind blowing.
[+]
 Asura.Seriweri
サーバ: Asura
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-08-10 02:52:43  
This stupid game accompanied me through quite a chunk of my adult life. Well, "adult"... browsing through old chatlog screenshots embarrasses me without fail. Damn, I used to be such a ***!

I started playing not too long after EU release. I was pretty active in HNMls peak times (Serinah/Unicorn/Fortune, ringing bells maybe? We kinda took the "notorious" from the mobs and applied it to ourselves in so many ways). There were good times, there were bad times. There was trash talk and grief play. Oh boy, there was. But also a lot of fun and fond memories.

That first time ever that we chained past #5, in a moon camp... "wtf this is actually possible!"

The first time zoning into Ru'Aun Gardens. Woa, we finally did it. Probably my most emotional ingame moment.

One day when camping turtle, like 5 minutes before pop window, my roommate spilled food on his keyboard, which made him get up, use benediction, and sit down again. We never knew how he managed that, I almost fell from my chair laughing :D

Another turtle story, for some odd reason there was a free aspido one day (probably because all pops were lined up from a recent maintenance or something), my roommate and me rushed there but we both were blm/nin - whyever!. We claimed and bounced hate for around 10 minutes (felt like hours) until help came... well, "help" in the form of a brd/nin which isn´t exactly optimal when you´re sitting at red hp and drain is your only means of recovery. I can´t remember I´d ever been that happy about army´s paeon. Probably the most intense situation in terms of gameplay execution I´ve ever been in.

That one day when a ssj nidhogg flailed the zone, and basically every endgame participant of the server hit the ground in the same moment.

When doing CoP missions in a static, we eventually reached the zdei bc. LS mate went "brb yoghurt", so we waited.
And waited.
And waited.
2 hours later he reappeared. "I was stuck in a traffic jam". WTF DUDE! COULD HAVE SAID YOU HAVE TO SHOP FOR YOGHURT FIRST!!11!

A rush fest for tiamat... outclaimed another LS with a bare minimum holding team, nin/drk, whm, rdm, brd, smn because the majority of the LS was still busy with something else. After a few minutes of being crowded by 30+ people, getting corses dumped on top of me and lots of badmouthing, a GM showed up and told us to either start doing damage, or give the dragon to another group. So our smn started doing BPs which worked but not exactly fast of course, but still made the hp bar move to 90ish %.
The rest of the team arrived a bit later, we reorganized the alliance setup midfight and just as we were starting to actually kill it, bam - whole tank party jailed. some rookie GM told us that this was the only way he saw fit to make us lose claim for others to get a shot. Well, he was wrong, as there were 12 others with hate in chasm. So, lacking a tank party, my roommate CFHed, because, well, they needed help xD, and was almost instantly jailed too, because, according to the GM, CFH is grief play, they were supposed to zone it. Zone tiamat, okay, gonna try that next time...
In the end we were sitting in jail for another 2 hours, in which the other LS with 2 full alliances present managed to, well, do any damage at all. So another LS mate called GM on them for holding the NM, and was told that we have to respect the learning process of other people. Dafuq, oh well :D

How to make people happy and mad at the same time: I was dualboxing an LS mates' account on fafnir who was due for ridill. It dropped, and I hid it in his storage. Noone said anything, and he didn´t find it until like 3 days later :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Seriweri
サーバ: Asura
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-08-10 06:56:00  
DirectX said: »
Hi Cianti, I started playing in 2005. I didn't think it even launched in the UK until then? I am from UK also.
I stopped playing 4.5 years ago and just reactivated to have a look around. There is a ridiculous amount of content that has been added since and it would be nigh impossible to get to end game quality again so I would not advise returning if you ever considered it.

I disagree. I had quit in the midst of wotg, quite some time before the level cap increase, and returned in march 2016. (recently took a 6 month break for the sake of rl tho). To me, all the new content, the new mechanics etc. turned it into a different game, which tbh motivated me to even think about playing again. I would never have returned to the 75 era (like, private servers).
As for getting to competitive level, ffxi is like 50000% more starter-friendly these days. Granted I didn´t start from scratch, but in the last 10 months of net playtime I 99ed a few jobs, made ghorn, aegis, ochain, ag burtgang and ag amano (whatever I was thinking there) and got sch, pld and blu, and cor to some extent, into current endgame.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2017-08-13 00:53:43  
DirectX said: »
Hi Cianti, I started playing in 2005. I didn't think it even launched in the UK until then? I am from UK also.
I stopped playing 4.5 years ago and just reactivated to have a look around. There is a ridiculous amount of content that has been added since and it would be nigh impossible to get to end game quality again so I would not advise returning if you ever considered it.

I wouldn't have time for things like this, there wasn't many people from the uk I was the only one in my LS.