Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-07-05 07:21:12  
Post stuff on this fight here please.
By samuraio 2017-07-05 08:08:38  
I just did it on VD as WAR with trusts, It was fairly easy.

There are 3 mobs: Rafflesia, Treant and Snapweed. You can attack anyone one w/o the others aggroing you. the moment you attack one it will disappear and spawn another mob. the Rafflesia will spawn a Wamoura, the Snapweed will spawn a Chapuli and the Treant will spawn a bettle.

I did Wamoura > Chapuli > Bettle. I'm not sure if the order matters but the wamoura was weak died in a single Skillchain, Chapuli was a bit stronger but still died in a few WS's, however, the Bettle took sometime to die, its defense was higher than the other two and it TP move hit me for 500~ with -40%PDT (August died at the last 10% due to Apururu and kuro-Moru converting at the same time).
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2017-07-05 08:33:13  
On regular:
Rufflesia becomes a Wamoura
Snapweed becomes a Chapuli
Treant becomes "Enraged Beetle"

Can be pulled separately. Used a standard PT (tank, dd x2, support, WHM, BLM).

Edit: Similar experience as above. Very, very weak Wamoura, Chapuli was a little stronger, then beetle took the longest by far. Maybe each gets stronger after one is killed? Or maybe the beetle is always strongest?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-07-05 13:53:34  
I think it's kill order. I only got one run in this morning (D, solo) but going wamoura>beetle>chapuli left a pretty weak beetle but a chapuli with really high evasion.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lazskini
サーバ: Asura
user: lazskini
By Asura.Lazskini 2017-07-05 16:52:20  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I think it's kill order. I only got one run in this morning (D, solo) but going wamoura>beetle>chapuli left a pretty weak beetle but a chapuli with really high evasion.

I'd agree with this, I originally went Wamoura, Chapuli, Beetle and the 'Enraged Beetle' took forever to down.
Gonna retry this weekend and go Chapuli, Beetle, Wamoura (thought process here is the Wamoura isn't resistant to Physical or have annoying evasion during abilities like the Chapuli).
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-07-05 17:02:49  
I went on a Difficult run, doing Chap > Beetle > Wamoura, and the "Immovable Wamoura" was easier to take down than the beetle before it. Seemed like a good way to do it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Treasurehunterx 2017-07-05 23:37:24  
well the one time i went i found out the wamoura is weak to physical ws. the chapuli is actually weak to magical ws. for the beetle i can not see any weakness so far.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-06 00:06:58  
So as probably gathered which adds you get depends on which order you go. With the last one being the different colored significantly more powerful version. Each version seems to increase hp a bit as well. Orders/info

Beetle: All my ranged auto ws and melee hits were doing 1/3 to 1/2 normal dmg. Skillchain dmg seemed normal likely huge pdt. The ws dmg didn't seem to change much with different ones but skillchain seemed lower on earlier ones
1st - Agitated
2nd - Incensed
3rd - Enraged - Only special thing I could find was it seemed to unlock rhino wrecker. That said would still recommend not doing beetle last just because giving the mob that has a ton of pdt more hp just results in the slowest kills. Recommend first maybe 2nd

Wamoura: Took more dmg from physical. Autos were doing 1.5-2 times normal dmg (only done 1 run of each but seems to vary based on which stage you get) skillchain dmg seems normal though heavily resists fire
1st - Sturdy
2nd - Obstinate
3rd - Immovable - Only special thing I could find was it seemed to unlock Firebreak. The extra physical dmg seemed to go down a little bit but still did more than normal. Basically a pushover Recommend last

Chapuli: Took slightly higher than normal physical dmg and a good 50% higher than normal skillchain dmg. Most likely weak to magic. Somewhat evasive even on stage 2.
1st - Thinking
2nd - Pondering
3rd - Philosophical - Didn't see if it unlocked move but it likely did. Becomes extremely evasive (like my autos were uncapped with ws at 1450 racc). Recommend 2nd or 1st.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-07-06 07:33:45  
Did this one a bit last night, sticking with Beetle->Chapuli->Wamoura, which was fairly trivial on VD.

The beetle's Power Attack seems like it is (or can be) quite strong - wound up taking down August once. I don't know if it simply did it back to back before he got healed or if it one-shotted. It wouldn't entirely surprise me if damage done to it between TP moves boosted attack or something, but it's not usually hard either way.
Seems like trust tanks can do a better job keeping hate though, likely due to the reduced damage taken.

Chapuli seems to have phases of higher evasion. I suspect it swaps between modes like Supernal Chapuli does, since it has the same zero damage taken after a TP move mechanic. With the increased SC damage though, dropping a strong SC early, before it gets spammy, wipes out most of its HP.

Not much about the Wamoura seems to be that threatening. Fire Break does do decent damage, and it can eat your MP, but it's super squishy.

Another thing to note is that the plantoid mobs don't seem to have any enmity, allowing you to (re)summon trusts between mobs.
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2017-07-06 11:52:55  
If you leave Wamoura as the last mob, it likes to spam Exuiviaton alot if you don't kill fast enough.