Random Politics & Religion #24

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 79 80 81
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-26 17:10:26  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
The court's approach here is unprecedented. Federal judges have never before questioned the motive behind a president's order, which was otherwise valid on its face. Trump, on the other hand, has given courts the material -- also for first time -- to question the good faith of a presidential order.
What I think is a fair analysis. It's a novel ruling insofar as applying it to a EO but the precedent for context exists. At the same time, the court hasn't had to deal with the stupidity of the Trump administration before.

SCOTUS isn't a slam dunk either. All Gorsuch did was restore the previous composition.

There's still the "and then what" aspect. If the purpose of a halt on travel was to retool and strengthen then why the *** hasn't a plan been proposed to do that. The deadline for their homework keeps getting extended and there's no indication they've written the first sentences. It's a ban for the sake of a ban so what's the point here?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 17:11:57  
And I'm sure that Kleindienst v. Mandel should be ignored, right?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-26 17:13:33  
And I'm sure that Kleindienst v. Mandel should be ignored, right?

It should if it doesn't agree with his feelings.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-26 17:23:21  
There's no precedent that bestows an absolute power. These cases are all about setting boundaries

Saevel can't see half my posts so I don't know why he feels the need to chime in from behind his coward wall.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 17:29:13  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
There's no precedent that bestows an absolute power. These cases are all about setting boundaries
Except that Mandel specifically states that:

1) Congress has the power to deal with immigration and admitting aliens, both temporary and permanent,
2) Congress gave that power to the Executive Branch by law
3) When the Executive Branch excludes people for a legitimate and bona fide reason, the courts will not look behind the decision.

Bolded is the most important part of the Mandel case. Now, tell the class why national security is not a legitimate and bona fide reason to exclude aliens from this country.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-26 17:32:47  
Because the national security argument was made in bad faith. Why is this going in circles?
By fonewear 2017-05-26 17:35:46  
Trump has precedent he stole it from the Russians !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-26 17:38:17  
Because the national security argument was made in bad faith. Why is this going in circles?

Because it's ridiculous that bottom-feeder, political hack appointees can overrule the President of the United States on such shaky ground as bad feels. They can't even figure out an argument against the actual text. That's how poor of an objection this is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-26 17:40:26  
They did. Saying it's in bad faith is summarizing. You didn't read the opinions we get it.
By Nausi 2017-05-26 18:16:13  
Lets just examine the law shall we?

Quote:
(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

I mean it does not get any clearer, there is no restriction of religious discrimination.
By fonewear 2017-05-26 18:34:21  
They did. Saying it's in bad faith is summarizing. You didn't read the opinions we get it.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 18:35:57  
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 18:49:54  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Because it's ridiculous that bottom-feeder, political hack appointees can overrule the President of the United States on such shaky ground as bad feels. They can't even figure out an argument against the actual text. That's how poor of an objection this is.

How dare you talk about Chris Matthews !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 18:53:56  
America is filled with islamphobes why the hell would they want to come here. They should go to Iran Saudi Arabia or some other *** that treats them like kings !
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-05-26 19:16:44  
3) When the Executive Branch excludes people for a legitimate and bona fide reason, the courts will not look behind the decision.
And stating he wants religion to be a deciding factor regarding immigration, that is not a legitimate reason, hence the court's involvement.

Remember, on the campaign trail he stated wanting to ban Muslims. He also wanted to make exceptions IF they were Christians wanting to be admitted.
By fonewear 2017-05-26 19:18:27  
Please let's rehash everything Trump has ever said since he started for office I'll wait.
By fonewear 2017-05-26 19:19:20  
Starting from here:
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 19:29:30  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
And stating he wants religion to be a deciding factor regarding immigration, that is not a legitimate reason, hence the court's involvement.

Remember, on the campaign trail he stated wanting to ban Muslims. He also wanted to make exceptions IF they were Christians wanting to be admitted.
Again, for the thirty sixth time, show us on the executive order itself where it mentions discrimination based on religion, or even named Muslims at all.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 19:32:12  
It doesn't matter King no matter what Trump does it will be terrible. So you might aw well talk to yourself or watch the Simpsons.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-26 21:23:17  
fonewear said: »
It doesn't matter King no matter what Trump does it will be terrible. So you might as well watch the Simpsons.
Fixed
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 21:55:54  
I find the voice in my head is liberal and when I talk to people I'm a crazy Republican. I think I'm John McCain.
By eliroo 2017-05-27 08:33:43  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

Again, for the thirty sixth time, show us on the executive order itself where it mentions discrimination based on religion, or even named Muslims at all.

Btw here is the executive order if anyone wants to read :

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/01/27/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

This is the revised version, I actually did not read the original but this is pretty tame. The mentality that it targets Muslim nations therefore it must be anti-muslim is a bit of a questionable cause. The countries, he perceives as threats, are Muslim but it isn't because they are predominately Muslim that they were targeted. I do believe that their aggressive religious practices sort of make them the threat that we perceive them as.

The areas selected are mostly known for breeding terrorists (Though Saudi Arabi isn't on that list) because of that we can assume two things:

1. Those areas are just underfunded and have poor education resulting in people joining these religious factions.
2. Their religion itself is open to corruption and manipulation allowing religious leaders to control masses.

I personally think the Muslim religion needs a contemporary update as it seems archaic and leads to these areas not being redeveloped in a product manor.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-27 08:39:31  
Really though more stuff like this would be amazing for those regions:
YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2017-05-27 09:24:19  
I don't think singing is going to stop terrorism but it would give terrorism something to do I guess !
By fonewear 2017-05-27 09:24:32  
terrorist *
By fonewear 2017-05-27 09:27:22  
Maybe if they told them if they do a suicide bomb they would have to watch Amy Schumer stand up comedy forever...worse than going to Hell.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-27 10:56:15  
fonewear said: »
terrorist *

You gotta fireboard those mothajammas.
By fonewear 2017-05-27 13:21:40  
Moment of silence for Chuck Schumer:
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-27 16:39:40  
So according to CNN they are going to remove Trump any day now.

These guys are reality TV quality now. No wonder liberals are so out of touch, anyone listening to this junk would be extremely misinformed.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-27 17:37:47  
And MSNBC, not to be outdone by "moderate" CNN, is now leading the resistance against the facist Dictator calling himself President. They won't be silenced or allow his hate to stop them.

Shits hilarious.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 79 80 81