言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Ads preventing forum reading
Ads preventing forum reading
First Page 2
By irrelliuss 2017-05-19 10:00:12  
I can't read forums anymore, every time I try the google ad services will drag the window to the bottom to display an ad for the lottery. If I wait 30 sec for it to play, I get 5 seconds to read before the video restarts and drag the window to the bottom of the page again. I understand ad revenue is important, but not when it makes the site unusable. I'm just lucky this text box is at the bottom of the page or I wouldn't even be able to type this.
[+]
 Asura.Deijixfx
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Deijixfx
By Asura.Deijixfx 2017-05-19 12:21:39  
Never once has this problem since the site launched. Mobile or pc issue?
By Vijara 2017-05-19 12:46:36  
irrelliuss said: »
I can't read forums anymore, every time I try the google ad services will drag the window to the bottom to display an ad for the lottery. If I wait 30 sec for it to play, I get 5 seconds to read before the video restarts and drag the window to the bottom of the page again. I understand ad revenue is important, but not when it makes the site unusable. I'm just lucky this text box is at the bottom of the page or I wouldn't even be able to type this.

I've never seen the ads on this site act so intrusively... Maybe you have some malware injecting more ads into your browser?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 12:57:43  
It's happened to me before.

I have two computers, one with an Ad Blocker, one without (I need to open smaller windows for certain websites that Ad Blocker blocks for some stupid reason). When I look at this website without Ad Blocker, on occasion something knocks me down to the bottom of the page and prevents me from scrolling up.

It's never happened with Ad Blocker, and refreshing the page generally fixes this, so it's a possibility that it's an ad from our Google overlords.

Never really bothered me at all, just refresh the page and it generally fixes it.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-05-19 13:00:20  
Any and all information on ads which misbehave on the site, whether it be auto play (which we do not allow) or intrusive ads as such, please let us know and we can work on getting them removed.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 13:14:57  

Obviously the ad was buffering to the next ad. So, there you go.

Even the ad says "Ads by (> Symbol)"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 13:16:42  
Also Dame, you look crazy in that picture.

/snaps another shot.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-05-19 13:21:17  
I am crazy. Got a doctor's note.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 13:22:36  
Asura.Dameshi said: »
Well, tell Dr. Nik to write me a prescription too.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 13:48:58  

Ad is from T2V.tv. Also by AdChoices

It also says on the bottom of the ad "Advertisement. Your video will start in <countdown from 30> seconds"

And it does knock the page all the way down to the bottom without letting you scroll up.

It's only this ad, this happened 3 times in a row, the exact same ad.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-19 14:52:44  
DR. Phil or DR. Strange love? :0
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-19 14:53:13  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Ad is from T2V.tv. Also by AdChoices

It also says on the bottom of the ad "Advertisement. Your video will start in <countdown from 30> seconds"

And it does knock the page all the way down to the bottom without letting you scroll up.

It's only this ad, this happened 3 times in a row, the exact same ad.
I must be lucky this has never happened to me.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-19 17:07:40  
Any and all information on ads which misbehave on the site, whether it be auto play (which we do not allow) or intrusive ads as such, please let us know and we can work on getting them removed.

They are all on auto-play. I get hit with constant video adds that automatically play, including audio, and have no way to stop, cancel or minimize. Right now as I type this there is an add playing to the right of the box.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-26 13:37:50  
Finally broke down and installed adblock into Chrome. It got be too much when the adds on this site automatically played and would randomly put out sound through my speakers even when I wasn't looking at the page, or would prevent me from reading a post thread by forcing screen focus to the add.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-06 15:36:29  
Got another set of ads again doing this. Just started today.

Again, from T2V.tv, and also AdChoices.

Different ads, but still does exactly the same thing: pushes the thread all the way down to the bottom where you have no choice but to reload and hope the ad doesn't come back.

Edit: I blame Kojo for this. Even though he probably has nothing to do with this, it's still his fault.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-06 15:53:59  
you got adblocker + ? i downloaded it and that stopped after that for me
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-06 15:55:56  
zaxtiss said: »
you got adblocker + ? i downloaded it and that stopped after that for me
I have two computers, one with an Ad Blocker, one without (I need to open smaller windows for certain websites that Ad Blocker blocks for some stupid reason). When I look at this website without Ad Blocker, on occasion something knocks me down to the bottom of the page and prevents me from scrolling up.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-06 15:59:48  
you can put those websites on to the whitelist that adblocker has making it so you can use it on both.
or at least i would think it should.
hope that helps
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-06 16:02:27  
zaxtiss said: »
you can put those websites on to the whitelist that adblocker has making it so you can use it on both.
or at least i would think it should.
hope that helps
I can't. The website I use is encrypted, and doesn't play well with other programs.

The website in question is my main moneymaker, so I put priority over that than this.

This website is generally bug-free, and it's nice to look at from time to time when I'm bored or waiting for a bid.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-07-06 16:05:32  
It's also nice to actually support the site that you frequent by allowing their normally non-problem ads to appear. That's part of the reason this thread exists.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-06 16:05:37  
hmmm the only thing i can think of would be to use 2 different browsers then have one that has adblocker and one with out.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-06 16:06:23  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
It's also nice to actually support the site that you frequent by allowing their normally non-problem ads to appear. That's part of the reason this thread exists.
It would be nicer to not have aggressive ads killing the experience of this website.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-07-06 16:09:33  
the adblcoker i use doesnt make it so i cant check out the ads at all it only makes it so the issue that king is having not happen.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-06 16:12:15  
I noticed a few days ago that suddenly when I clicked links on FFXIAH.COM i was getting pop ups. Thought my google chrome extensions had bust or something. Wasn't aware others were experiencing same thing. Anyways, I installed all the adblocking extensions I could find and I don't have any pop ups or ads appearing on XIAH.com anymore.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-06 16:40:26  
Now it's getting very aggressive.

I barely have time to load the page in question (this one for example) and it knocks me down to the bottom of the page.

Again, T2V.tv/AdChoices. Last time it was trying to sell me Adobe software. This time, Sleepmatic.

Is Google telling me that I need to lay on my *** more or something?

Edit: Now it's Ritz Carlton. Damn you Google, get out of my head™.
 Leviathan.Kaehlan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sakka
By Leviathan.Kaehlan 2017-07-06 17:42:46  
I'd been having this issue for a few weeks, too. This was on both forum posts and item-search pages. The only trick I could find was to hit refresh and immediately hit escape so that the plain text of forum posts or item history would load, but the ads wouldn't.

Cannot install adblocks on my work computer. I don't have the issue on my personal computer due to adblocks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaehlan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sakka
By Leviathan.Kaehlan 2017-07-06 17:51:00  

Conveniently, started again just after posting.

https://ibb.co/dMN7Sv
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-18 11:18:23  
Any updates? Ads are still pretty bad. I really wish I could activate Ad Blocker on this computer D:
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-18 11:52:44  
Any updates? Ads are still pretty bad. I really wish I could activate Ad Blocker on this computer D:
All your ads belong to me!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-18 11:55:11  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
All your ads belong to me!
Take them.

I don't want to see any more Land Rover ads. Never buying one anyway.
First Page 2