Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-04-04 07:20:13  
Enjoy the thread!
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2017-04-04 14:30:08  
The fights is pretty straight forward. Is there an ideal kill order. Like maybe kill the stronger beasts first then the weaker ones, or vice versa.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-04 14:36:58  
From the one fight I did each one used a move on death and they started taking less dmg and had more hp as I went on so I'd guess it's more about holding a bunch at lower hp and finishing or maybe just aoeing them all
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2017-04-04 14:46:43  
Just did it with relative ease on Difficult. The order I killed was Rabbit > Coeurl > Tiger > Buffalo > Dhamel > Marid

I wiped on Very Difficult. The extra mob on that fight is an Opo-Opo.
By Chevalios 2017-04-04 16:43:30  
By killing in this order and pulling them away from the group each time they don't become aggro by themselves:

Rabbit > Tiger > Coeurl > Buffalo > Dhalmel > Marid

Maybe tiger and coeurl can be swapped without the others going aggro but hitting the big guys first made everyone come after me.
They also seem to have more evasion than last months vol 2 on difficult.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-04 16:47:23  
I went from left to right on my run and nothing aggroed didn't even bother pulling them just killed.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-04 19:48:13  
So tried Aoeing them and they all seemed to take reduced dmg from it. Tried doing dmg to one then another left to right but still got a dmg decrease on mobs right of coeurl and hate being wonky.

Tried right to left and those mobs still took less dmg except now some of the kills were taking too long which appears to be what is causing adds to agro. Also it would always be one of the mobs that would normally take more dmg that aggroed but now would take reduced. Might try OD next time to see if it might be a pdif thing
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-04 20:17:20  
clearlyamule said: »
I went from left to right on my run and nothing aggroed didn't even bother pulling them just killed.
I can confirm left > right strat worked well, no aggro at all. Easy peasy fight.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-04 22:21:08  
Got some high att overdrive data. Dmgs looked pretty much right on par with what I'd expect at capped pdif. Some were a little lower a couple (iirc opo and coeurl) were a bit higher but nothing too crazy. So thinking some just have really high def.

Tried right to left with overdrive almost made it with no agro but on marid took a bit too long and rabbit came and bopped me some but definitely seems to be something along the lines of kill fast enough possibly with another factor too
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2017-04-05 07:25:57  
Duo'd this with gf a number of times. First try, GF DC'd, and whilst waiting for her to reconnect, the rabbit agrod and started to attack after about a minute or so. I did not approach or engage the mob. From this, I think it's time-based. The sequence that followed for mobs leaving their position and attacking us in the starting corner was rabbit, coeurl, buffalo, dhalmel, tiger then marid.

On further tries, this sequence did not remain the same. I believe the order is random. We did this on difficult setting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-04-05 08:28:18  
Under 5 minutes solo on VD as THF.

Kill the smaller mobs first. My two minor issues have been the Opo-opo's AOE killing Apururu, but subbing DNC was enough to stay alive and not worry about the other mobs animating; and accuracy wasn't capped against the larger mobs in TP gear.

I used August, Joachim, Qultada, Apurururururu, and Arciela II for trusts.
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2017-04-05 11:50:48  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Duo'd this with gf a number of times. First try, GF DC'd, and whilst waiting for her to reconnect, the rabbit agrod and started to attack after about a minute or so. I did not approach or engage the mob. From this, I think it's time-based. The sequence that followed for mobs leaving their position and attacking us in the starting corner was rabbit, coeurl, buffalo, dhalmel, tiger then marid.

On further tries, this sequence did not remain the same. I believe the order is random. We did this on difficult setting.

That makes sense, I do think it's time based too. I noticed that when fighting the harder mobs first the rabbit will aggro if you don't kill fast enough.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-05 22:50:28  
So something interesting. Once you agro one you are considered aggroed on all but it's like they are asleep. So you can't summon trusts and if say the dhamel uses healing breeze the other ones will "wake up" and immediately come after you. Good times. Marid's Probiscus shower also did it but it only hit mob right next to it while healing breeze it next 2. So some thought to maybe changing the order up a little or pulling away from others. I'd assume the rabbit is also capable of this possibly the opo opo too
By SMN4LIFE 2017-04-06 23:09:57  
I've noticed it's definitely time based. And they do aggro/wake up in a certain order. If you stand there, and don't initiate any contact, after 3 min in, the Rabbit will come after you regardless. Once he's dead or not dead, either way, 1 min later the next mob will come after you. Having SMN I kinda *** myself now and then because my Avatar will go after a random mob at the same time another one wakes up.
By Falafel 2017-04-08 17:21:03  
please nerf...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]