What's The Noobiest Thing You Ever Did?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What's the noobiest thing you ever did?
What's the noobiest thing you ever did?
 Siren.Sadhana
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sadhana
By Siren.Sadhana 2017-04-19 01:12:29  
When I first started playing, I remember trying to start a party as level 7 or something in Ronfaure. I don't remember if I was shouting or saying, but I kept asking if anyone wanted to form a party, and if they did, to meet me by the goblin campfire. I did not say what the position was or anything, and for all I know, I was the only one in the zone. I wanted people to meet me there because I didn't know how to search for people to add them to a party, and I thought they needed to be close by so I could select them and invite them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2017-04-19 01:28:03  
My first few days playing, I didn't know resting was a thing. I would fight a few mobs and return to my mog house to get HP back. It was a long few days.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-04-19 02:30:15  
Tried to fight the pirates on the Selbina - Mhaura ferry at level 12, because I thought it was an all hands sort of deal. Didn't know, till my WHM36 friend told me, that I could just hide below decks if I was too weak to help.

Bought an expensive greataxe from a vendor NPC for full price when it was like 1/10th the price on the auction house, because I didn't know what the auction house was at the very start.
[+]
By Asura.Wonderousgoat 2017-04-19 03:15:24  
When i started back in '05, i was stuck in port sandy for like 3 hours, cause i didn't know where to go, so i got tired of being there and kept asking in say how to save the game.
[+]
 Asura.Mredave
user: mredave
By Asura.Mredave 2017-04-19 05:12:49  
Had a conversation with Cheguevarahulk.
[+]
By Shiloh 2017-04-19 11:53:06  
As a level 10 warrior I'd see people using Flee in Bastok Markets and thought they were all total jerks for ignoring me when I'd ask them to cast flee on me.
By OmniKroe 2017-04-19 12:20:07  
When i started i asked many many people why they have 2 jobs, the first peron to reply is a good friend in game now even to this day. And bonus, i now have a subjob(the coolest thing ever)
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-04-19 12:30:36  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
My first few days playing, I didn't know resting was a thing. I would fight a few mobs and return to my mog house to get HP back. It was a long few days.

Guilty of this as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2017-04-19 14:18:12  
Phoenix.Cyrinn said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Afania said: »
or messed with role playing /p macros
BRING THE CHAOS!!

THIS IS MY {Last Resort}!!

I remember playing THF in parties /nin and having macros that used Vanilla Ice TMNT rap song lyrics whenever I did utsusemi. People were surprisingly ok with it for the lolz, but in hindsight.. total noob move.
By superzombie23 2017-04-20 07:08:22  
This was when FFXI came out in America, so I was probably like 14 or 15, and pretty n00by to MMOs. I was leveling Warrior and got to Valkurm Dunes... I joined a party and we went to one of the beach spots, and the people were yelling at me to make a ****ing provoke macro. and I was like "WUT?? wut'S A MACRO?? what?" We kept pulling mobs and I never voked or I think I complained about having to worry about opening the menu or keeping track of the timer XD. The party disbanded, and that was my first ever traumatic tanking MMO experience. My second trauamatic tanking experience was in WoW Burning Crusade heroic dungeon The Mechanar. I went in with fresh 70 gear expecting it to be a cake walk and I got crucified by my group for "SUCKING" so hard and being such a SQUISHY TANK.

Sounds like all fun and games in hindsight, but I Tell you it was horrifying receiving the back lash during those experiences that it made me afraid to tank for a very long time due to performance anxiety. That's probably why I subconsciously like DRK more and dealing damage due to the trauma. At least since then I have managed to surpass my anxieties about tanking and have no problem doing it now. I also believe all those *** made me into the Elitist *** I am today. Go figure. Just remember... there's a lot of pressure to tank when you're the freaking POINT MAN; the whole party or raid relies on you to succeed. It's like you gotta get your feet wet or it's pretty intimidating. I'd say healing is almost as intimidating. I'm sure people know what I mean. Damage dealing is no where close to the levels of responsibility you have as a tank or healer.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-04-20 09:48:34  
superzombie23 said: »

I couldn't agree more. When I joined my current linkshell, RUN was still regarded as a loljob and very few people had any trust on it, because it was common knowledge that "tanking was basically for PLD, PLD and PLD only". I knew I was supposed to be a Gambit/Rayke *** or a backup at most. But I was there for the challenge so they gave me opportunities. It was in my mind I had the responsability not only for my party but for my job too. Thanks goodness I was able to exceed everyone's expectations and now I have their trust to tank everything.

Looking back I think the noobiest thing I ever did was believing in SE's claims about RUN being a tank job when it clearly wasn't yet. But I have nothing to complain now. :D
[+]
By Jetackuu 2017-04-20 10:00:00  
Used a Recall instead of stoneskin by accident in Dynamis. As both were long *** spells I didn't notice until it was too late.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-04-20 16:37:17  
Asura.Wonderousgoat said: »
When i started back in '05, i was stuck in port sandy for like 3 hours, cause i didn't know where to go, so i got tired of being there and kept asking in say how to save the game.

Think this is my favorite.

Quote:
Looking back I think the noobiest thing I ever did was believing in SE's claims about RUN being a tank job when it clearly wasn't yet. But I have nothing to complain now. :D

Read your whole post and kinda *twitch* wanted to point this out til I saw you arrived at it.

Truth be told, all they way from Mid-VW through Delve 1 (wasn't around for T2 Delve), all PLD was good for was popping (so people had time to pop temps), supertanking, and provoking it once everyone was dead. Nothing tanky was a tank and RUN was less than that.
By Blazed1979 2017-04-20 17:04:17  
trying to dodge attacks by strafing left and right, on the Orcs just outside of Bastok.

Actually, ***I thought I would never remember this again - Chainspelling Tele-dem instead of cureIV on Rooks as he tanked Dynamis Lord =/
[+]
 Asura.Seekerstar
By Asura.Seekerstar 2017-04-20 17:19:28  
I tend to forget that blood aggro is really a thing, remembering only by Converting in an inadvised location.

And tanking in my TP-accuracy set instead of DT happens more often than I care to admit.

I think the accidental HP instead of accepting Raise during the normal Albumen wipe/recover was the worst, though. It wouldn't have been so bad if i hadn't been the WHM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-04-20 17:43:11  
I dunno, at 75 I died to Genbu as one of our Paladin's, the LS never let me live that one down.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2017-04-20 17:49:06  
NPC everything until I got into a party in the maze. Someone said I could buy food on the auction house. I was like what is the auction house?
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-04-20 22:39:13  
Jetackuu said: »
Used a Recall instead of stoneskin by accident in Dynamis. As both were long *** spells I didn't notice until it was too late.

LOLd so hard when i realized you you said "Recall" not "retrace".... XD

luckily you could still go back and reenter dynamis after that.
By Blazed1979 2017-04-21 09:01:46  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I dunno, at 75 I died to Genbu as one of our Paladin's, the LS never let me live that one down.
You are forgiven. Not nearly as bad as hearing Darksaiko shout in sky "Divine seal raise1 = Raise 2" or "Elemental Seal DiaII Genbu".
[+]
 Cerberus.Badrok
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bbentz
By Cerberus.Badrok 2017-04-21 10:06:18  
Leveling War to 75 cap with some RL friends. First job to 75, and I had heard accuracy was important so at lvl 45 I had some decent accuracy gear to TP in. But for some reason I was much more proud of my strength gear. We got a few links, and it was clear we were going to wipe, but I thought if I put on my strength gear I could be the hero and save everyone. Completely serious, I yelled at my RL friends "Don't worry guys, I'll just equip my strength gear!" Needless to say we wiped and my friends laughed at me for 10 minutes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Pvtcaf
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Pvtcaf
By Lakshmi.Pvtcaf 2017-04-21 10:42:08  
My first party back in the day as War. Told my Pt I couldn't Voke because I didn't have any MP. Oddly enough, the Pt disbanded shorty after I said that
[+]
 Odin.Bobingie
サーバ: Odin
user: Bobingie
By Odin.Bobingie 2017-04-21 13:37:04  
Hmm... the noobiest thing I've ever done... Well id say my moment of shame has to be while on RUN. I popped Erinys without any real tank buffs or food which caused pretty much an insta death for me. Was pretty embarrassing but stuff happens i suppose haha.

Jeez fells like it happened just yesterday lol.

#too soon?
[+]
By Upbeat 2017-04-22 03:41:07  
back when lvl cap was 75

seeking on lvl 68~71 blu/rdm

waiting for a mire imp party invite

switching to lvl 68-71 blu/14ninja and using /anon as soon as I got the party invite and joined

used either /rdm or /thf up to 65ish then started gimply using /14nin in the 68~71ish range...

finally leveling ninja and unlocking ni right before I hit 72 blu

bst was first job in 70s.. soloed it up to 72 using mostly /rdm and had it as my highest job for the longest time. BLU was first job at 75.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-04-22 04:18:04  
Upbeat said: »
back when lvl cap was 75

duoing that vampyr vnm with hevans

back when level cap was 85

making hevans farm sobek skins for kannagi as two people two bots til 7 in the morning

ftfy
[+]
 Bahamut.Odaru
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-04-22 05:28:17  
During a Besieged at 75 I was spamming spells from the spell list on BLM for skill ups and accidentally warped myself out of the besieged. :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Hagmos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: hagmos
By Leviathan.Hagmos 2017-04-22 05:40:11  
Played my brothers character to get the feel of ffxi back in 2004 set his home point at the yhoator jungle outpost after jumping off a chocobo... took him a whole week to get someone to get him back to town as we didnt know how else to ask for help.

He bought me my own account a few weeks later
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2017-04-22 09:22:44  
I used to think that the jobs associated with certain weapons meant you could use them as well on the main job not mentioned on the weapon as long as your sub job was that level. So when I was lvling MNK and got to lvl 34, I thought I could equip a lvl 17 bow/arrow that had WAR on it since I was MNK/WAR. Thought I could be a useful puller, but nope. Lol
[+]
 Asura.Faisal
user: fei
By Asura.Faisal 2017-04-22 10:20:38  
in level 75 era

i poped Byakko and instantly did rest, it killed me and wiped everyone in the ally.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2017-04-22 20:25:44  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
Jetackuu said: »

LOLd so hard when i realized you you said "Recall" not "retrace".... XD

luckily you could still go back and reenter dynamis after that.

Oh it was in old dynamis, took a whole party with me...

It sucked.
[+]
 Odin.Taffy
サーバ: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-05-04 11:54:13  
So last night was a great one!

I was dual boxing our brd's account while she took her hour long shower. Got to Fu. No macros set up. SV Nitro buffed DD party, dropped, started throw up Scherzo and some carols on the tank party. So apparently Lightning Carol 2 and Lightning Threnody 2 look similar...

Draw in, Ebuilent - Mega buffed Fu - Wipe... Me on Brd apparently isn't a smart idea.

Nonetheless - plenty of time to rebuff and melt him - and we got a chest floor lol.