New Geo, Question About Handball And Geomancy

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » new geo, question about handball and geomancy
new geo, question about handball and geomancy
By starfish 2017-02-02 16:49:12  
hi all, just got my geo to 99 other day and i am trying to learn more about the job. the first things i am working on is to get my AF done, and today i just got my handball weapon called "filliae ball" i also have made a dunna based on a friend's advice.

looking at the stats, it seems like i need to land geo spells with a dunna because of the gomancy +5 which is higher potency is that correct? i look at the "filliae ball" having +15 handball, and i want to know if i should be using that or not, as the handball skill+ seems nice on it, but it doesn't sound like it's worth using because i loose the geomancy +5

did i miss something, or can both be taken advantage of?

sorry, i'm a real noob geo would appreciate some advice from u guys...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-02 17:07:29  
Quote:
handball

Use Dunna.
 Asura.Bertoli
サーバ: Asura
user: gario1
By Asura.Bertoli 2017-02-02 17:14:03  
You want to make sure handbell and geomancy skill equipment is on when your spell goes off. You would want to use the Dunna over the Filliae Bell as the Geomancy+ effect is superior and the Dunna has +18 Handbell skill.

As a start you will need to get All AF pieces, one of those includes Geomancy skill. Then one each of the Relic and Emperyean gear also include more skill. (most pieces are helpful, get them all eventually) Be sure to max your merits in each skill as well. You can also get a Lifestream cape from Reives which has some skill and can be augmented for more. I have all of these and with max handbell/geomancy skill I am at 830. From there it's a bit more work and that is where I am at.

I am saving for 2xStikini Rings which will give a total of +10 skill to both, and am currently farming the torques from Escha-RuAnn for another 10 skill to both.

I was lucky enough to get all the Merlinic pieces from the Domain Invasion campaign, if you don't have that try to get into Ambuscade for vouchers for Jhakri gear for decent start to nuking.

Good luck!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-02 17:29:31  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Quote:
handball

Use Dunna Idris.
Fixed, cause I want another GEO slave.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-02-02 17:32:49  
Wtf is handball! I checked my skills it's not there! Hehe congrats on geo!
[+]
By starfish 2017-02-02 17:42:15  
oh those rings are pretty good, so they raise all magic skills by 5 then? that's crazy.

thanks for the advice, yes i was going to try get the AF hands ASAP, as that has a few nice handy stats.