フォーラム » FFXI » General » January 2017 Version Update
January 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-10 06:03:07  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
The trust gear haste seem pretty significant, tried Mildaurion and Gilgamesh just for fun. They were getting tp over and over to close every skillchain. (on VD Leviathan)

I was afraid of this. This means that qultada will interrupt your 5 step with burning blade twice as often now. Not even worth using...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-10 07:30:15  
Makes me wish there was a global command to override Trust AI and make so they won't WS.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-01-10 07:48:22  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Makes me wish there was a global command to override Trust AI and make so they won't WS.

Adding that command would take too much time away from adding Master Trials.

That armor set, though. I wonder how much ACC my WHM will gain. Maybe I'll actually be able to hit things again. O frabjous day, callooh callay!

Going /NIN or /DNC with an augmented Sindri was a pretty big gain, and if this set is enough of a boost that I can actually get TP fast enough to use Mystic Boon and keep AM3 up, then not having /SCH isn't going to hurt as badly. Who cares about spells costing 10% less when I have infinite MP? I'd just have to update my fastcast set accordingly.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-10 08:19:44  
Floor 1/2
Follow the light and carry out your charge before time runs out.You have 180 seconds remaining.

Floor 4
Follow the light and carry out your charge before time runs out.You have 300 seconds remaining.

You find a hope crystal on the Glassy Craver.
You find a bolt of moonbow cloth on Kyou.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2017-01-10 08:27:35  
Anyone figure out how to get these?

Temporary Key Items
Mog Kupon A-OmII
Mog Kupon I-AF119
Mog Kupon AW-Om

Also, I had heard that there was talk of Abyssea Seal Kupons, but didn't see any in login campaign.. said they added items to SKCNM fights.. I know they added the weapons, but anyone know if they added I-Seal Kupon also?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-01-10 08:42:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
Anyone figure out how to get these?

Temporary Key Items
Mog Kupon A-OmII
Mog Kupon I-AF119
Mog Kupon AW-Om

Also, I had heard that there was talk of Abyssea Seal Kupons, but didn't see any in login campaign.. said they added items to SKCNM fights.. I know they added the weapons, but anyone know if they added I-Seal Kupon also?

After you win the bonanza and choose a kupon, you can redeem it. If you choose to decide later, players are always given the KI to a corresponding kupon so your inventory isnt taken up with the item.

After last month's update they also updated the bonanza page and added those kupons to the current bonanza.
[+]
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-01-10 10:27:00  
Did Intense VE with my mules just now.

One of the Lamiae named Bozzetto Frigg will spam an AoE charm move "Raqs Baladi Dance" after 50% health.

Turning your back against the NM will stop you from getting charmed.
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-01-10 10:37:06  
Asura.Luckyseven said: »
Did Intense VE with my mules just now.

One of the Lamiae named Bozzetto Frigg will spam an AoE charm move "Raqs Baladi Dance" after 50% health.

Turning your back against the NM will stop you from getting charmed.

My whm was unnaffected by the petrification AoE aswell, and had his back turned the entire fight.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-01-10 11:08:04  
Does the Lamia take good magic damage?

I could imagine some kind of strat involving blinding potions and SC+MB as long as it actually takes magic damage.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 11:35:30  
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Then how do the dat modders do their thing?

They can not simply use a third party tool to create assets for their commercial products before owning a commercial license which doesn't even exist.

They should be more than capable of creating their own tools in PC environment but they just don't care enough.

For example; they wanted to remake the GUI for the PC version and made some progress, but apparently gave up due to lack of people to keep working on it.

I think it's a business decision. They looked at the costs of updating the graphics engine / tool kits and decided it wouldn't generate enough additional revenue to be profitable. FFXI is mostly a side project now for their developers. They work on what they can when they can and try to keep us busy doing stuff so we pay subscription fee's.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-10 12:01:20  
Asura.Sechs said: »

Too bad it's so difficult to create socks on this forum, I'd like this post 10 times more. I've always wanted this.

Even worse that, with few excceptions, the AI for when to WS is dumb. Amchuchu doesn't always WS even if he's doing nothing else. I've never summoned Karaha or Mihli for their DD potential.

On the other hand, Selh'theus can't wait (rejuv only plz)

I'm even fine with all or nothing (except Ayame, please. That's the only reason to use her). As in you can't shut it off for just some trusts in your party, though that too would be nice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-10 22:06:15  
I've been meaning to compile a list of everything wrong with trusts, I just haven't gotten the chance. Honestly, the fellow system was an introduction to trusts, but they stopped too short with trusts. They should have made trusts like fellows where you could customize their actions based on user preferences. It would probably not take any more work than the current fellow system, where you just pick one of three styles.

I made a post about this on the OF a while back. Will never happen, but that's what's universally wrong with trusts: their programmed to be idiots. Except Sylvie. She's actually a well created trust. Only problem I've found with her is that she won't use any geo bubbles under any circumstances. This makes sense, because monsters move and it would mean they would have to code her to either always recast a bubble when the monster moves, or not do it at all. I imagine SE purposely left this out for this exact reason.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-01-10 22:13:53  
I feel like that's the point of trusts: filler but not that exceptional of AI. SE keeps stating they don't want them to fill the role of an actual player. :/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-10 22:24:02  
Oh I completely understand that reasoning. But even if they made that small change, it'd never replace an actual player.

But the point remains about trusts: most are so badly designed, they can actually cause you harm just using certain ones under particular circumstances. They are coded with such poor logic that you actually are better off in some cases not using some of them, which is kind of silly.

I'll admit the uses of a few of them are quite nifty in a pinch. Particularly adelheid/zeid stuns. It's probably better now with the haste patch.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-10 22:36:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
I feel like that's the point of trusts: filler but not that exceptional of AI. SE keeps stating they don't want them to fill the role of an actual player. :/

Their basic stats (mp throughput, magic accuracy, accuracy, generally unreliable WS) stops them well short of replacing players.

Is there a particular reason that Amchuchu needs to use Berserk? Or that most of the WHMs need to be in melee range?

Yeah, people have asked for things like a trust that turns from gaze attacks, and those are silly, but there's a difference between making them better and making them less deliberately bad.

Amchuchu wears no -DT gear, he should never ever use Berserk.

---

I wish the'd re-ignite Adventuring fellows and make them ultimate trusts. You still wouldn't use them for anything hard, and couldn't use them in alliances but it would be something. Give the soothing healer whm pants, give the tank like -25% DT and 2500 HP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-10 23:01:49  
Exactly how I feel, Omnys. Some of them have useful tools, like Sylvie's acc check to swap to precision. Others, like KoH will firaga IV around a host of monsters and cause you to wipe. Koru stands in range for no reason. At least he dispels, but his macc is so low, on anything that matters, he won't attempt to use it. Amchuchu is /war, so I get that her hate-grabbing JAs are rune JAs, Flash, Foil, and Voke, but its silly. Defender can be fulltimed, so why was there a need to add Berserk to her?

I could go on and on, but I think I'm kind of derailing the thread a bit. Apologies, but the haste update to trusts is actually a gift and a curse, depending on who you use and for what.
 Asura.Lordwmd
By Asura.Lordwmd 2017-01-10 23:41:41  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
The trust gear haste seem pretty significant, tried Mildaurion and Gilgamesh just for fun. They were getting tp over and over to close every skillchain. (on VD Leviathan)

I was afraid of this. This means that qultada will interrupt your 5 step with burning blade twice as often now. Not even worth using...
Knock knock
Who's there?
An interrupting Corsair
An interrupting Cor-BURNING BLADE!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-11 01:38:26  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
That armor set, though. I wonder how much ACC my WHM will gain. Maybe I'll actually be able to hit things again. O frabjous day, callooh callay!
I feel most mages have been underestimating Onca Suit so far.
I did that too.
Then I started checking parameters outside of my bias and noticed how the amount of acc it adds (in addition to sexy DA etc) is really high.
Before this ambuscade set I needed semiperfect augments on other gear for it to be better than Onca.
Clearly quite a big effort for something (dd on mage) you rarely get a chance to use.

Now this set might finally be better, I haven't mathed it out but pretty confident it is, considering the big amounts of acc on it.
It just leaves a small sour taste in my mouth when I see the stats it has, and when I think at the stats it COULD have had.
Like for instance no macc and att instead, or more "evenly distributed" levels of Haste instead of having most of it concentrated on legs, or no DT and like, dunno, DA or something?

Still, it's good. Hope now we won't have to wait 2 more years to see other dd items for mages.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-11 01:40:12  
Looking at the haste values, you can substitute the head and feet for Chironic if you want. To balance it out some in regards to attack and a little more acc. But, it does have 5 crit and 5 stp on each, so meh
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-11 01:45:59  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They should have made trusts like fellows where you could customize their actions based on user preferences. It would probably not take any more work than the current fellow system, where you just pick one of three styles.
Not saying this wouldn't be cool, but I think it's stretching the role of trusts too far.
Arguably it has already been stretched so far.
For competent players like most on these boards, we judge trusts by their "utility".
SE has a different perspective on their role. Trusts were to be something cool, a chance to play with interesting characters from the FFXI lore, AND also grant you more soloing capabilities.

The way things are now, you could argue Trusts are already too "useful" and get too much in the way of partying.
I'm not personally saying I'd like for things to go back how they were before trusts, but I have to admit it's dangerous to go further from the point we're at now.

Making trusts completely customizable is a bit too much imho. Having a simple global command "WS Yes / No" is more of a, dunno, simpler, general thing. I could see it making sense within the current scenario.

My only other complaint about trusts is how uneven the abilities of WHM trusts have been distributed and how this greatly affects Unity tiers.
Altough this "problem" too could be easily solved if SE changed the way Unity bonus on gear works. Like making so you get highest bonus as long as your unity is within the first three, instead of the first.
[+]
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2017-01-11 03:50:57  
Well, they did hint at an "alter ego customization feature" a few years back when the system was fairly new: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/41421-DD-Trusts-are-terrible?p=504434&viewfull=1#post504434

I guess they either scrapped the idea or forgot about it entirely. I wonder if somebody with an active account on the official forums could try bringing it up and seeing if they still have any plans to finish it?
By FaeQueenCory 2017-01-11 06:16:57  
That's what cheer effects are.

At least that is what they've said.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-11 06:40:35  
I think you're reading into my comments about customization a little too deep. There is a difference between being able to adjust trusts actions slightly to make them less HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and applying a full makeover to the trust itself. This isn't what I'm saying.

If you've leveled a fellow, they basically fall into three categories: healer attacker and tank, and there are actions that allow you to choose what specifically you want them to do based on their role. It's quite simple, actually. You can turn off area of effect attacks or have your trust only use provoke when you're about to die. This is a bit in line with what I'm speaking of. Except nobody uses fellows anymore, they've been replaced entirely by trusts. Trust generally fall into a few more categories than fellows, but the gist is the same: healer/support, attackers (melee, ranged, or magical), and tanks. And then there are "special trusts", but those would be except because they can't be acted upon

We've cited a few examples above. I'm not asking to completely remodel a certain trusts behavior. I'm saying there's generally no real reason why kupipi and Joachim/Ulmia should be standing in range at all. She even has piannisimo! There should be a way to turn off KoH's firaga and arciella's aoe, and apururu should know that 10 yalms isn't far away enough and that she's still an idiot for running in circles for half the fight because she's in aoe range. The logic behind some of these trusts are actually a hindrance and a simple option that allows you to adjust minor actions would help more than it would hurt. It wouldn't replace players in any sense. These are just examples.

It would not be too much of a stretch to just allow you to change certain actions of trusts in a similar fashion to how you can turn off, or adjust features of fellows. It's literally the same system it would use. Nothing more would be needed. If anything, this would diversify the trusts that we actually use.

Take for instance ulmia, who only uses sentinel when you've been hit with a huge damaging attack. Niche useful. Scherzo is exclusive to her, but aside from eating that attack in the face first (and probably dying), she'll never use it on you to start a fight. It would be great if you could adjust ulmia to "prioritize defensive utility" or something simple. Because as it stands, that's a very important song that largely goes to waste unless you're hit with something deadly that will likely kill you.

The trust system is great, don't get me wrong. And I always joke about qultada interrupting my sc because that's literally all he does. I've recently started using him just to buff, then I replace him with something else that isn't a liability, but keep the roll effects. Should I honestly have to do this just to avoid the trusts annoyance factor?
By FaeQueenCory 2017-01-11 07:07:37  
I know. I'm just pointing out that SE thinks they've already done that via cheer effects.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-11 07:14:03  
Was more directed at Sechs but <3

I know nothing of cheer effects. Elaborate?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-11 11:20:51  
Mog Gardens and Monster Rearing. Once you raise a monster it can give you a Key Item that's a "cheer" which you can have one active. That cheer can raise your stats slightly, raise your trusts stats slightly or give you some skill up benefit.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Monster_Rearing

Look at the momento Cheer effects

Quote:
Capacity Points +8%
Magic Defense Bonus +3
Alter Ego Fast Cast +20%
Alter Ego Magic Accuracy +10%

Stuff like that.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-11 12:01:16  
FFXII Gambit system for Trusts..... Do it SE!

I know it'll never happen. but still.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-11 12:09:01  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
FFXII Gambit system for Trusts..... Do it SE!

I know it'll never happen. but still.

It's possible!

[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-11 13:23:03  
Asura.Chipmunkys said: »
Was-(Woodworking) Earth Crystal, Moonbow Cloth, Moonbow Urushi, Khoma Cloth, Astral Signa

Amex-(Woodworking) Earth Crystal, Moonbow Urushi, Moonbow Stone, Ruthenium Ingot, Mistilteinn

Enriching Swaord= (Goldsmith) Fire Crystal, Moonbow Steel, Niobium Ingot, Moonbow Stone, Enhancing Sword

Barbarity-(Smithing) Fire Crystal, Moonbow Steel, Moonbow Leather, Faulpie Leather, Juggernaut

Comaa Belt-(Clothcraft) Earth Crystal, Thought Crystal, Hope Crystal, Fulfillment Crystal, Khoma Thread x4

Moonbow Belt-(Clothcraft) Earth Crystal, Moonbow Steel, Moonbow Cloth, Moonbow Leather, Comaa Belt

Barbarity synth is not working.

Tried Fire/Inferno Crystals
Capped Smithing/70Leather/Support/Gear/Coconut Rusk/Ionis

I noticed Juggernaut still has a rare tag, while other weapons do not.

Tried Fire and Earth crystals.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7