Fresh 99 COR Seeking Guidance

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Fresh 99 COR seeking guidance
Fresh 99 COR seeking guidance
By Slurm818 2016-12-28 14:16:57  
I've read through other posts and honestly they get a bit too technical for where I feel I am currently with COR. I just came back to the game and I feel very overwhelmed with what it is I should be concentrating on. Can anyone provide a bit of guidance for me? To bring you up to speed...I have used sparks to purchase the ilvl 117 (I think) gear and also grabbed the sparks sword. Looking at current accepted methods of CORing, I have decided that +1000TP weapon / Savage Blade COR is really the only thing I can have hope of gearing towards. I have no LS, and almost no understanding of the Adoulin endgame...though i am slowly learning. I suppose it is possible to slowly gear by answering COR shouts that I see as a COR/WHM, but even that is a little bit down the road I think.

Bottom line, I am looking at starting that WS Magian Trial line and concurrently trying to upgrade my Empyrean Armor which is all +1 still. I guess I could farm the other relic pieces I am missing and upgrade those as well? Not really sure on viability of any of this, even as a macro piece (i.e. COR Tricorne vs Commodore Tricorne).

Just drowning in information and I don't know where to begin...
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-28 14:30:40  
The easiest route I have learned, is to find a relatively updated lua for the job I am working on. Once I have that I can go down the list of all the gear I will need, take it one step at a time to prevent being overwhelmed.
Becoming overwhelmed will result in grinding too hard and becoming burnt out or causing you to lose interest and just flat out giving up.

The best place to start in my opinion? Reforge gear and skirmish gear.
Not only will it give you decent jump off that sparks gear, but it will boost your rolls and give you better haste/dual wield. If you end up doing enough skirmish, you can acquire/buy the doomsday gun which is massive for leaden salute and wildfire.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-28 14:43:03  
Sparks->BCNM/Alluvion Skirmish->Ambuscade->Everything else

Other than that focus on getting key equipment such as the stuff that enhances JA(Barataria ring, full relic gear, etc).
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-28 14:50:27  
There's a lot of stuff you can get solo as a 117 Savage spammer... think older quests, missions and battlefields. Lot of pre-iLvl stuff is still relevant: Artifact/Relic/Empy, Brutal/Suppo, Moonshade, Epona's, Leaden Salute, Wildfire, trusts, etc.

ROE > Intermediate objective clears also give out quite a bit of 'free' ilvl 119 weapons and armor.

January's campaigns are also tailor made for returning players, so make sure to get on top of those.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-28 15:49:54  
ROE is the key to do!

Honestly get your af/relic/emp you can do at 117 and it is all useable at 119 and arguably all will be useful now with SE's Omen stuff.

By completing the ROE quests on intermediate which is very easy to do, you will get a Full set of REM chapters to +1 a set. (relic most likely). You will also get a voucher you can trade for doomsday, and by killing in skirmish for intermediate ROE, you should have a few stones to augment it with.

With that 119 af/relic/emp stuff you now will be very prepared to do UNM for daggers/sword you need. Get those and now you are set.

While doing all that join ambuscades and spam like crazy, get your +1 sets (this months is great for cor starting out, and even usable endgame in certain environments).

As soon as wkr event come up in janurary, spam that like crazy, get the dagger and augment it for leaden spam, then get the bullet for QD, save the wkr-vouchers for more bullets later when your lua screwes up and you shoot your amikii bullet :D

Cp event is up in a week too I think, so you can cp cor to master very fast. And when this is all done you are easily ready for starting on the pain in the butt that is reisenjima Augs/gear. Thats basically endgame gear, along with Omen's +3 stuff.

also while doing that all I suggest getting the magian stp1000 gun started, doing it on offtime as it will take awhile to make but is worth it. As you farm up mobs (most can be done in escha zitah) you will not only get decent CP, but be capping merits fast. As you hit 75 merits, go spam dawnII on N for your fettering blade.
[+]
 Asura.Slazer
user: Slazer
By Asura.Slazer 2016-12-28 16:01:48  
What server are you on. Any questions just send me an inbox msg. Lots of COR exp
 Asura.Tafari
user: tafari
By Asura.Tafari 2016-12-28 18:19:50  
here's Guidance !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-12-28 19:43:11  
hey there mr. welcome back. several ppl on here alrdy laid out some good stuff for you but if you are indeed on Quetz i believe a friend of mine moved there Named Evilyn, he started cor before he left shiva and i helped him get it up to date, he was always very helpful so if you find him ingame i'm sure he can point you in the right directions as well ^^.
By Slurm818 2016-12-28 19:50:13  
Thank you everyone for your advice, I feel so much better now that I have a solid starting point (RoE). I will be getting started on intermediate tomorrow...looks like I'm stuck on the first one because its not accepting my current 99 jobs. I'm guessing I have to ding 99 on a job while the quest is active?

I'm considering world transfer to Asura not sure yet, just seems more active there.