So Much To Do - Where To Start?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » So much to do - Where to Start?
So much to do - Where to Start?
By Sidra 2016-12-12 05:34:36  
SMN just became my 4th 99 job. And I have a bit of a process once turning 99 where I get up to 119, acquire pivotal job specific gears, and get a working lua. I then try and solo about the first 100 JP and continue adding good gear pieces until I feel it's ready for me to let it out of the house to play with others.

However, SMN seems to have a TON more gear than other jobs and looking ahead the day when I could let it out to play seems really far off. From BP Delay reduction, to phys and magical BPs, to Idle/Favor. Right now, I have an unaugmented Karaunos, Seraphcaller, Glyphic Horn, Shimonjijoe, Assiduity pants and nicely augmented Enticers Pants. I have full Helios set unaugmented that I can augment to fill in any gaps, full Taliah +1 although that seems useless, and Apogee feet and leg abjurations. So I feel like I have enough to work with to start to put some semblance of gearsets together, albeit with holes. So a few questions:

1.) What are a few of the most pivotal gear pieces I should focus on getting first?

2.) Any relatively inexpensive AH items that I can use, such as Elan Strap? I'M basically accessoryless atm.

3.) Lua - some dude posted an amazing LUA below, but its highly complex (like 4k lines) and I simply don't have the gear diversity yet to make good use of it. Is there perhaps a simpler lua floating around, that will at least get me into appropriate BP gear?

4.) When I am just soloing for JP - what skills am I supposed to be using? Should I be using physical BPs or magical ones? Leave Avatar out or desummon between BPs? Worth it to buff trusts with Haste2/Ifrit or are they too weak to make use of it anyway at 119+. I have 5/5 in the Shiva merit, and 1 in each of the others (I assume those are magical even though they list a TP bonus?). The answer here will determine if the first JSE cape I make will be phys or magic focused.

5.) Good place to solo merits to get started? I usually do worms in Woh Gates but that doesn't work on magic classes because it will aggro an element in the main room. Im looking somewhere where I can do 10-15 JP/hr with a ring while working up gearing.

6.) Do any Summons used Ranged Attack and Accuracy instead of normal?

7.) Once your precast BP set has max reduction, whats the next precast priority - blood boon?

Thanks in advance for the help!
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2016-12-12 18:40:49  
Cheap AH stuff to start with:
Varar rings, Elan strap, klouskap sash.

BP Rage set is #1, Capped BP recast set is #2

Rage set on the cheap: go after apogee or merlinic and toss augs on them. AF body 109/119, Enticer's pants

BP recast set: 109/119 relic, pretty much all pieces. espiritus, augmented conveyance cape. Bloodboon precast is moot, i don't know anyone that bothers (there just isn't alot of it to matter/you'd need capped JP anyway)

go after empy set 109/119 for ward buffs. a +skill set for siphon, refresh set for idle.

Soloing for JP: do whatever does the most damage, usually flaming crush. Alternatively, get a half decent BP set going and join an apex MB setup and get them 100x faster.
By Sidra 2016-12-15 07:55:26  
I am a little confused with how to gear Flaming Crush. It seems it's 2 hits of physical, and one hit of magical which is based on the physical hits damage. But it seems people still gear for more MB for the last hit. Can anyone please explain to me a bit about how this works?

Also, I have Apogee feet - but I just noticed Convokers +1 which would seem far superior for physical BP - I am thinking Accuracy is pivotal for all the multi hit attacks?
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-15 08:28:47  
SMN is extremely underrated, I mean I cannot stress enough. Good luck, work on all the above things, then slowly work your way to Nirvana. The DMG output is insane with capped macc on pet.
[+]
By Sidra 2016-12-19 07:44:44  
Sitting at 85 JP now, closing in on 100 - can't wait to cap BP recast. Currently, for physical BPs I am using Keraunos with 10 BP Augmented, and was gonna throw stones at it at some point to try and get Accuracy and Double Attack/Crit. However, I am seriously considering forgoing that and getting a Gridarvor. Initially, when I looked at it I simply though perpetuation piece - but looking it it now, that's a lot of Accuracy/Attack and Double Attack to be giving up. For high end Master SMN with Apogee+1 I can see them preferring BP Damage to raise their DMG ceiling. But for a SMN nearing 100 JP on nq gears, I think that might be superior for a very long time to ensure hits are actually landing on Ambuscade/Escha T2 level stuff, bringing up my floor so that my output is not amazing, but consistent and solid.

Thoughts?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-12-19 07:54:45  
Sidra said: »
Sitting at 85 JP now, closing in on 100 - can't wait to cap BP recast. Currently, for physical BPs I am using Keraunos with 10 BP Augmented, and was gonna throw stones at it at some point to try and get Accuracy and Double Attack/Crit. However, I am seriously considering forgoing that and getting a Gridarvor. Initially, when I looked at it I simply though perpetuation piece - but looking it it now, that's a lot of Accuracy/Attack and Double Attack to be giving up. For high end Master SMN with Apogee+1 I can see them preferring BP Damage to raise their DMG ceiling. But for a SMN nearing 100 JP on nq gears, I think that might be superior for a very long time to ensure hits are actually landing on Ambuscade/Escha T2 level stuff, bringing up my floor so that my output is not amazing, but consistent and solid.

Thoughts?

This is what I use for

Phys. BP

Magic BP

Wards BP

Debuff BP

Hope it helps :D