users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Vagary
Vagary
 Asura.Delmania
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Delmania
By Asura.Delmania 2016-12-09 08:55:25  
I'm hoping to get some Vagary clears, but I don't have any of the desired end game jobs. What type of gear should I have? I have, AF2+1, fully augmented Gridavor, Caller's Pendant, Evoker's/Thurandat, Seriphicaller, belt from Zit'ah, and Laughing quest earring, and Ambu cape. Is that enough?
By Zubis 2016-12-10 10:25:19  
Buy a Sancus Sachet, it's better than Seriphicaller and cheap.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21394/sancus-sachet

(The +1 isn't).
By Pantafernando 2016-12-10 10:33:59  
If you make your own party, its less likely they will kick you so whatever.

Also, if you go with friends, its more likely they wont kick you.

But if youre entirely relying on pugs, i dont see why the average pug will go out of a standart setup to use a SMN, regardless how well geared its.

Also, saying a single set isnt proof youre well geared as really good geared jobs have multiple sets. Looking your set, i dont even know how youre geared (magic or physical BP?), how many job points do you have, etc.

Just talk to friends how to form a party and see how you can contribute. Vagary isnt that hard, you just need a few spots covered by experienced people (tank, geo, sch) then you can clear all zones without much problem.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-10 11:36:31  
Summoner is useful in Vagary, not only can it Magic Burst pretty well with the rest of the BLM, it can provide support for a party.

In the Rancibus zone, Summoner can use shock squall to stun all the mobs in place if you're having someone pulling them in.

Melee DDs are the hardest to get in usually (except THF for Treasure Hunter on Plouton) .. as most NM are easy done with a Scholar setting up a skillchain for magic bursts; meaning DD would only interrupt and therefore be stood around watching.

Summoner just has to remember to use Meteor Strike on Ifrit .. not Flaming Crush, as the latter acts like a weaponskill and will interrupt the skillchain.

Need to know anything else? PM me. There's always people who need clears or are willing to help out to get items to sell. Also the Vagary Campaign is coming up .. so get your access to Leafallia for Double Rewards for turning in all five Ward Key Items. You're on one of the most populated servers so it should be easy pickings.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [144 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-03 19:47:10  
^ is Meteor Strike recommended on all vagary runs?

I've only mostly WHM there, never dps'd.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-05-09 10:34:19  
If you can squeeze in Flaming Crush instead of magic bursting, without breaking skillchains, it tends to do ridiculous damage on older content like Vagary. Especially with Frailty+Malaise.

Ideally the SCH would do Fragmentation, so you can extend the skillchain with Flaming Crush rather than bursting with Thunderstorm. If Crush damage sucks, you can just revert to bursting with Ramuh, or they can use fire and you can burst Conflag/Meteor Strike.

That said, it's different for every zone and boss. Flaming Crush is best on 80% of the bosses probably, and for trash mobs in the fomor zone. If you want advice for a specific zone feel free to ask.
[+]