List Of Ilvl NM's Not Immune To Paralyze/slow?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » List of ilvl NM's not immune to paralyze/slow?
List of ilvl NM's not immune to paralyze/slow?
 Valefor.Kiaru
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-10 05:23:52  
Is there a list of ilvl NM's you can land paralyze/slow2 on that aren't immune to it?

Like which WKR ones can be be slow/parad? Or Escha-zitah T1? Or skirmish/alluvion skirmish?
Curious for those, specifically.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-11-10 05:34:01  
Can't say for sure, but the majority of them. I would even say most modern NMs can be debuffed with almost any debuff unless it has a specific resistance to it or to its related element.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-11-10 06:03:57  
A lot of them aren't immune to Paralyze (slow isn't a big help either way). The issue is once you get into Escha NMs, you need a lot of Macc to land and MND to make it proc. Addle, Distract, Inundation and Frazzle are enfeebles that are more beneficial for higher level NMs than Paralyze. It's just a little bonus if it lands.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-10 06:30:23  
It would be faster to list those who are immune rather than list those that aren't (pretty much almost all of them?)

There hardly is any immunity at all in game actually, but some NMs are very very resistant to some debuffs.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
サーバ: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-10 07:00:48  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It would be faster to list those who are immune rather than list those that aren't (pretty much almost all of them?)

There hardly is any immunity at all in game actually, but some NMs are very very resistant to some debuffs.
That's good. I wonder why post 75 cap increase was "everything is now immune to debuffs"
Thanks for all the replies.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-10 07:08:18  
I dunno during the 75 era things were kinda mixed. Some debuffs were very useful, a considerable amount of NMs had immunities, others didn't.
Then sometimes after that debuffs kinda lost relevance between mobs immune and debuff potency simly not being useful enough.

They changed approach concerning debuffs in two steps as an attempt to revitalize the utility of enfeebling magic.
One of the two steps is when they added the immunobreak mechanism.

The result is that there are hardly any NM resistant to debuffs these days, but for some it's gonna take a shitton of macc to be able to land.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-11-10 07:18:10  
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
That's good. I wonder why post 75 cap increase was "everything is now immune to debuffs"
Because Avesta and his solos, that was SE's way to nerf RDM. And they utterly crushed the job by doing that.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-10 12:45:26  
Just a few anecdotes, I've landed Shockwave's dark-based Sleep on VD Ouryu, as well as Azi Dahaka, Naga Raja, and Quetzalcoatl. I've also landed and proc'd Paralyze from Herculean Slash on Kumhau. A BRD friend landed Lullaby on Vinipata once, too.

Only new content I can think of with 100% immunities seems to be Ambuscade.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Boshi 2016-12-14 10:19:16  
It also depends a lot on if you have geo-focus in. With focus i can land everything almost everytime in full potency+ no macc hybrid at all
ItemSet 346869
(Augs just for max mnd+)

Avesta Bangles are named after this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avesta
Everytime I see the Avesta D-riding I throw up in my mouth a bit
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-14 10:38:31  
Boshi said: »
It also depends a lot on if you have geo-focus in. With focus i can land everything almost everytime in full potency+ no macc hybrid at all
ItemSet 346869
(Augs just for max mnd+)

I seriously question the content level of what you're saying you can land everything in full potency gear with GEO-Focus. I roll constantly with Idris GEOs and if it's CL140+, you're not landing enfeebles in potency gear without either Stymie or Elemental Seal. I see about a 50% resist rate, and that's with Idris Focus, maxed out Warlock's roll, a maxed out BRD threnodies, HQ crepes and solid (not perfect, but very good) gear.

I really wish people in general would specify the content level or at least events they are talking about when discussing sets pertaining macc. It's common to see it done in melee discussion regarding accuracy- we need to think the same way, and not mislead newer RDMs into thinking that they will eventually not need macc. Even a fully job point mastered RDM still needs it for a lot of content.
By Boshi 2016-12-14 12:38:52  
I had written "in escha except for the reis helm nms. But sandworm this set still works fine when we're in a mage build"
but i think i accidently erased it when i posted the equipset in it (i write frim an ipad usually so the touch screen can be a pain)
By Doober 2016-12-14 13:58:18  
So glad Avesta finally got some recognition for his solos.