言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Ambuscade cape choices
Ambuscade cape choices
By Hecky 2016-11-10 02:34:18  
Hello
Let me start this post by saying that i am a newly-ish returned player and so the past few months have been spent playing catch up. That also means i have forgotten about unlogical things like "weapon skill damage" only counting for hit number one in multi-hit WS's ect.

When i first came back and made my very first ambu cape it was STR20 ACC30/ATT20 and DAT10. I used this as an allround piece and it worked ok. Then i changed the STR to DEX and made it a TP piece. The new and shiny (i thought) WS cape i made like this: STR30, ACC/ATT 20 and WSDamage 10.

Then i actually found myself doing poorer damage on Stardiver so i did some reading around and now see that Stardiver dont really benefit much from WSD. What are you guy's experience with these capes? Should i change the WSD back to double attack? The alternative i guess would be to make a new WS cape, and use this cape for Camlann's? I know that ultimatly this is the obvius solution, but like i said im playing catch up and have alot of other jobs to attend to aswell, though DRG is my passion and soul job. And if i choose to make a new Stardiver cape, would i want DAT or Crit?

I am currently working on making my Trishula, and it is within reach. So that will eventually be my weapon of choice. Also, for the TP cape, do you guys have any experiense towards what is better in the long run, DAT or STP? Im still working on completeing my STP set.
By Nocki 2016-11-10 02:51:42  
I can't really speak to the TP Cape because I don't play DRG, however I understand how to gear for every WS. So, ideally you'd get the most damage output out of a DA Cape when using Stardiver. The weaponskill itself does not crit, so gearing for crit wouldn't help at all. Ideal cape is 30 STR + 20 Acc/Atk + 10% DA. You are also correct in your observation that your current WSD Cape would be best for Camlann's. Sorry I could only answer half of your question. I believe sTP, as that is what is usually ideal for 2h jobs (except WAR, and SAM with very specific gear).
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-10 03:09:28  
DA and sTP do the exact same thing only in different ways. Generally speaking 1 DA > 1 sTP as the DA raises your average TP gain and provides more melee damage. Now this changes if you have a ton of Multi-attack already and less store TP. Mythic DRG comes to mind.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-11-10 03:41:00  
Cap and stat depends on your current sets. Do u reach 4 hit tp? do u aim on it? if u do do stp cape be usefull to reach your goal? I got 2 different cape for tp since i got Ryu and Trishula. Anyways if u don't aim to get a 4 hit tp then i suggest you to make a DA cape.
By Hecky 2016-11-10 05:01:15  
Thank you everyone, appriciate the inputs. You all pretty much confirmed what i was already thinking so im guessing the next big step is to get down to it and make another cape :)

I also know there is a gear theard here that have some new and some old info, so ill stream through that once more :) Just quick though, if anyone have some good pointers toward what i need for a ultimate stp set that would be really nice
By geigei 2016-11-10 05:02:09  
Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
Cap and stat depends on your current sets. Do u reach 4 hit tp? do u aim on it? if u do do stp cape be usefull to reach your goal? I got 2 different cape for tp since i got Ryu and Trishula. Anyways if u don't aim to get a 4 hit tp then i suggest you to make a DA cape.

Ma smettila e vieni su bf1 dio cane.