Let's Talk About Skillchains

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Let's talk about Skillchains
Let's talk about Skillchains
By Taffy 2016-09-29 01:15:02  
Currently playing with multi stepping for radiance and umbra - what has worked best for everyone?

Rudras > Evis > Rudras is the obvious one, and it's damage output is sick.

Radiance I'm struggling with a bit more though solo to get a great skillchain damage output - mainly because exenterator sucks (or at least my exenterators do)....

Thoughts?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-29 04:26:53  
R > E > R is lame

It's Exenterator > Rudra > Evis > Rudra for sick damage.

Here's my Radiance, works well enough:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-29 07:24:14  
What's your exenterator set look like by the way lady?
By Taffy 2016-09-29 09:14:49  
I've been trying to play with Radiance a little - is there no way to close Radiance solo with Mandalic? I've been struggling with that one. I guess I really need to make a good exenterator set for times where Radiance is needed (This months ambuscade for example).

I would also like to see your Exent set Lady :)
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-29 09:18:51  
Taffy said: »
is there no way to close Radiance solo with Mandalic?
You can only close Umbra/Radiance with WSs that have Darkness/Light SC properties. Exenterator is your only option for closing Radiance.
By Taffy 2016-09-29 09:39:52  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
is there no way to close Radiance solo with Mandalic?
You can only close Umbra/Radiance with WSs that have Darkness/Light SC properties. Exenterator is your only option for closing Radiance.

Ok thanks Llew!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-29 11:50:56  
I've been trying to play with Radiance a little - is there no way to close Radiance solo with Mandalic? I've been struggling with that one. I guess I really need to make a good exenterator set for times where Radiance is needed (This months ambuscade for example).

If Mandalic had the Light property it could close Radiance, but it is capped at Fusion. Aftermath only upgrades the aeonic WS to a higher "tier" (so Exenterator becomes a Light-based WS with aftermath up) so it is our only option for light.

Here's my Exenterator set:

ItemSet 346608

I haven't yet made an Exenterator exclusive cape(AGI/Acc+att/DA), guess I should do that since I surely do use it more than the Aeolian Edge cape I was going to make this month. I also might get more out of using +AGI ammo since I usually roll with idris fury/frailty and probably am at attack cap, so maybe I should be using more of my adhemar+1 set.
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-29 14:09:36  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I also might get more out of using +AGI ammo

Only if THF can use Armageddon III =p
[+]
By Taffy 2016-09-29 14:33:18  
my current TP set:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346610

my current Rudra's set:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346611

What I can piece together for Exenterator:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346614

Thoughts and changes?

Also, being such a forum noober - how do I embed the sets in the post instead of having to post the url? ;;
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-29 14:40:04  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

If Mandalic had the Light property it could close Radiance, but it is capped at Fusion. Aftermath only upgrades the aeonic WS to a higher "tier" (so Exenterator becomes a Light-based WS with aftermath up) so it is our only option for light.

Here's my Exenterator set:

ItemSet 346608

I haven't yet made an Exenterator exclusive cape(AGI/Acc+att/DA), guess I should do that since I surely do use it more than the Aeolian Edge cape I was going to make this month. I also might get more out of using +AGI ammo since I usually roll with idris fury/frailty and probably am at attack cap, so maybe I should be using more of my adhemar+1 set.

Have you considered using more Triple Attack in your sets? I am thinking herculean with good augments would be better, although I don't know how much I care (Ambuscadi has good attack/accuracy/AGI).
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-29 14:45:57  
There's also this.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Gavialis_Helm

For 3/8 of the days. The boost is actually fairly decent (30/256) given that it has a base fTP of 1.0. On top of Fotia Gorget/Belt, it's a 9.8% marginal gain from that alone.

Edit: If only THF was on it!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-29 18:14:42  
Yes looking at my set I think I will be putting my HQ adhemar body and hands in there.

I do like the ambuscade set because it basically already is herc with max pellucid and some agi augmented to it. So keeping that for legs and probably feet.

Two day late edit: Noticed my phone autocorrected me, didn't quite make sense.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [326 days between previous and next post]
By silvanesti 2017-08-21 23:54:25  
If I'm not a participant in a sc, so like blu makes solo light (assuming my Aeonic AM is up already) can I jump in with Exen for radiance?
Or do I have to be a participant in said sc?

Cheers
By Sabishii 2017-08-22 00:19:38  
silvanesti said: »
If I'm not a participant in a sc, so like blu makes solo light (assuming my Aeonic AM is up already) can I jump in with Exen for radiance?
Or do I have to be a participant in said sc?

Cheers

No, if you do CDC > CDC > Light, you're using the light properties of CDC, and that kind of light cannot be expanded on, but if you do something like, Savage Blade > Wheeling Thrust > Light, a CDC at the end of that would do another light.

Now with aeonics, you would need the aftermath up to do radiance/umbra, and the amount of steps you can do to do radiance/umbra would be dependent on the level of AM you have up. I don't have an aeonic yet though, but I've played with some people that have aeonics and have seen a handful of radiances. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Aeonic_Aftermath

That explains it a bit if that helps. Unless someone else can explain it more who's done it more.