Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-24 02:17:19  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Kepler-186f Planet for Alien

I find this all to be extremely fascinating....
Kepler NASA planet hunter back online
By volkom 2016-09-24 09:12:37  
There's a sci.fi book series by David weber (honor harrington series) that supposedly has some pretty good thought on how space combat would actually work. Roommate was really into it back in high school.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-24 17:26:28  
volkom said: »
There's a sci.fi book series by David weber (honor harrington series) that supposedly has some pretty good thought on how space combat would actually work. Roommate was really into it back in high school.
Spoke to a co-worker today, a teacher, about the Kepler satelite and 452b Earth 2.0 and he went over just how many things would need to occur. Just for life to even exist on another planet. It would basically, going by what we know of our own existence, be a miracle for such to happen. He strongly believes that we are the one and only planet w/ life on it.

Just the idea alone. That scientists are actively seeking out planets that closely resemble our own is absolutely amazing. Wether or not life does or does not exist else where.

Those vids are rather long but they peaked my interest on such looking for more info. The last vid tells the best story about the whole subject IMO.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-25 00:54:56  
Another Earth
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-25 04:07:17  
Siren.Akson said: »
It would basically, going by what we know of our own existence, be a miracle for such to happen. He strongly believes that we are the one and only planet w/ life on it.
This is a very limited view imo. The universe is not big, it's bigger and to think that life has only evolved here is actually an infinitely small chance. For all we know even Titan could be full of bacteria!

As for Tabby, Jason Wright which is the scientist that originally discovered it and suggested the alien megastructures around it, published only few days ago a list of probable causes of the flickering of the star and admitted that the idea of it being caused by aliens is unlikely. Not that other scientists thought it was likely, but given the media reaction to the statement I guess lowering the tone was due even for his own credibility.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-27 01:39:15  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It would basically, going by what we know of our own existence, be a miracle for such to happen. He strongly believes that we are the one and only planet w/ life on it.
This is a very limited view imo. The universe is not big, it's bigger and to think that life has only evolved here is actually an infinitely small chance. For all we know even Titan could be full of bacteria!

As for Tabby, Jason Wright which is the scientist that originally discovered it and suggested the alien megastructures around it, published only few days ago a list of probable causes of the flickering of the star and admitted that the idea of it being caused by aliens is unlikely. Not that other scientists thought it was likely, but given the media reaction to the statement I guess lowering the tone was due even for his own credibility.
The Science of Traveling in the 4th Dimension. Is another thing I find extremely fascinating. From what it sounds like. A device resembling a UFO would be capable of such. I guess there is a whole theory behind making such a reality based on Albert Einstein's work.

More very long videos...
Science continuously redefines reality as we know it to be.
http://www.astronomytrek.com/interesting-facts-about-time-the-fourth-dimension-and-time-travel/
Quote:
For a person traveling at 99% the speed of light, Time slows for them by a factor of 7 If they were to travel to a star 7 light years away, at 99% speed of light, it would take them 1 year, but to an observer on Earth it would have seemed like 7 years. However, if that person attained 99.999% the speed of light, only 1 year would pass on-board for every 223 years back on Earth. Finally, You don’t need to travel at light speed for time dilation to occur but you won’t notice the effects until you go extremely fast.
So if you went around the globe at the speed of light for 1 full year. You would only be 1 year older yet traveled 250 years or so into the future... that or total BS info

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-27 17:43:45  
Hypothetically speaking. Assuming all is true. As they say. Wouldnt being able to somehow use the magnetic gravitational pull of not only Earth but of the whole universe be the best bet at achieving light speeds? We know magnets can move objects alrdy as is w/o any need for combustion. Heh...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-27 17:46:11  
Let alone the issue of achieving such a speed, do keep in mind there is also the not minor problem of resisting that speed.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-27 18:40:11  
Let alone the issue of achieving such a speed, do keep in mind there is also the not minor problem of resisting that speed.
Yeah Im just pretending that UFOs are real. They are man made inventions of the future. Capable of not only space travel, w/o rocket propulsion, but also silent as well including able to time travel. If one could control magnetic fields like soundwaves lowering and raising volumes. Then I dont see how such, if there is a reality of existence, is not propelled by magnetic power itself.
Also in another vid they say that the force of light speed is enough to kill you. What if inside such a vessel going light speeds there was zero gravity. If there is no such force inside pushing against you. How would you die?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_magnetic_field
Quote:
Earth's magnetic field, also known as the geomagnetic field, is the magnetic field that extends from the Earth's interior out into space, where it meets the solar wind, a stream of charged particles emanating from the Sun. Its magnitude at the Earth's surface ranges from 25 to 65 microteslas (0.25 to 0.65 gauss).[3] Roughly speaking it is the field of a magnetic dipole currently tilted at an angle of about 10 degrees with respect to Earth's rotational axis, as if there were a bar magnet placed at that angle at the center of the Earth.
Can magnets form crop circles? I guess is the biggest question I have.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-27 20:09:31  
Everything is magnetic including the Moon, Planets and Stars.
http://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=29172
Quote:
The thought that magnetism might be the reason that the Moon's rotation is locked to its orbit, with the same side always facing the Earth, is kind of a natural thing to think, if you've ever watched a compass needle stay lined up pointing at another magnet. It was the first scientific idea I had as a kid, way back in 1958. It turns out to be wrong.
Im assuming what keeps planets revolving around stars, which I could be wrong, is also magnetic. Just like the moon being locked to the Earth. With enough Magnetic power and control we could theoretically rearrange the whole galaxy moving planets and stars all around. Pushing the moon away from Earth and out of our solar system.
http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/review/dr-marc-solar-system/planet-orbits.html
Nvm... Im right
Quote:
Newton realized that the reason the planets orbit the Sun is related to why objects fall to Earth when we drop them. The Sun's gravity pulls on the planets, just as Earth's gravity pulls down anything that is not held up by some other force and keeps you and me on the ground. Heavier objects (really, more massive ones) produce a bigger gravitational pull than lighter ones, so as the heavyweight in our solar system, the Sun exerts the strongest gravitational pull.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-09-27 20:14:11  
Science fiction gives direction toward Science to make Fiction fact. not always but in a lot of cases from history.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-27 20:23:59  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Science fiction gives direction toward Science to make Fiction fact. not always but in a lot of cases from history.
So basically w/ rocket propulsion we are fighting against the magnetic gravitational pull of our planet. Instead of using such to propel objects to and from destinations understanding how magnetism itself works. We are fighting against such existence. Which is basically the strongest known force w/in the whole entire universe. Keeping planets in orbit and creating gravity itself as we all know it to be.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-09-27 22:31:08  
Great science fiction comes when you let loose one of the scientific laws (mostly laws of physics) while obeying the rest of them.

Anything is fair game but the closer your law is to a 'law' instead of a 'hypothesis' then the better your change of being 'vague' in your scientific mobo-jombo to make the stuff sounds sensible.

However, letting loose too many of the science laws and your stuff becomes fantasy instead.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-28 00:58:41  
Electromagnetic Propulsion
Quote:
For decades, the only means of space travel have been rocket engines that run off of chemical propulsion. Now, at the beginning of the 21st century, aerospace engineers are devising innovative ways to take us to the stars, including light propulsion, nuclear-fusion propulsion and antimatter propulsion. A new type of spacecraft that lacks any propellant is also being proposed. This type of spacecraft, which would be jolted through space by electromagnets, could take us farther than any of these other methods.
Kinda figured... no way I could be the only idiot whom has thought of such before
No Fuel? No Problem. New Technology May Make Interplanetary Travel On Electromagnetic Propulsion
The only possible way that UFOs could do as ppl claim. So do they exist. Are they real? LoL
Our own current design for Space Travel just happens to look as halfass backwards reverse engineered as it sounds.
We're doing it all wrong....

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-28 01:50:49  
Josiahkf said: »
Even if humanity figured out how to travel at the speed of light, it would take forever to accelerate to, and decelerate from due to inertia and still would not be practical.
Yeah I think inertia was the word I was looking for earlier.
Also in another vid they say that the force of light speed is enough to kill you. What if inside such a vessel going light speeds there was zero gravity. If there is no such force inside pushing against you. How would you die?
Obviously Im no scientist. I do believe everything including UFOs, Interplanetary Travel, Light Speeds, maybe even Time Travel are all well w/in the realm of possibility though. Time travel into the past would make alot more sense IMO than E.T. trying to make contact. It also makes a much stronger argument that UFOs do indeed exist. It cant just be a coincidence that they were always claimed to move w/o combustion, silently, at faster speeds than anything we have ever known or created.
All while Magnetic propulsion just happens to be the perfect solution to all problems?...
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-28 03:31:23  
They claim that the Kardashev Scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement.

With the same philosophy in mind but based on Magnetic Control instead
· A Type I civilization - Use of magnets for recreational purposes
· A Type II civilization - Able to control Magnetism to travel through both the 3rd & 4th Dimension
· A Type III civilization - Able to move both Planets & Stars alike through Magnetic waves
All planets, including Earth itself, are travelling inward toward the sun due to the magnetic gravitational pull between. wrong

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-28 12:58:01  
eslim said: »
to doctrine these results we turn to top-hair alien experts for the briefs..
Let's pretend Aliens are real. There is absolutely nothing that could be created on an Alien planet that cannot be created here on planet Earth. The whole universe is made of the same exact materials. They change forms based on the distance from thier star like from liquid to a solid state. Every planet in the universe still obeys the same exact laws of physics as found here on Earth. So if aliens are real and so are UFOs. Such technology is made of the same materials found here on Earth all while obeying the same exact laws of gravity itself... unless ofc such is built upon the existence of magnetics to begin w/

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-28 14:38:01  
hypothetically the moon's polarity could be the future's combustion,
Science tells us that every planet in universe is a giant magnet. Space itself is expanding. While all the planets revolve around thier sun towards one final destination.
Magnets show us how such works pulling and pushing each other away like magic.
(Mind the reader?)I didnt pull any such information out of my ***... other than Time Travel which in itself physicists believe is possible traveling at speeds faster beyond the speed of light. Which has been proven to occur w/ astronauts orbiting above earth.. meh w/e
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 14:40:49  
Going to the past is impossible, at best you could "travel to the future".

Not exactly how it works..
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-28 14:42:28  
Going to the past is impossible, at best you could "travel to the future".

Not exactly how it works..
Explain where I am off exactly? Nvm.. in a rush. Didnt read 1st comment about going into the past. Yeah idk sounds impossible to me too but.. that's what they claim

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-28 16:48:13  
until "something" big enough

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-09-28 17:38:41  
Josiahkf said: »
The difference is magnets lose their attractive strength over time.

Gravity between two pieces of mass will forever act upon each other regardless of time.
If planet Earth was not magnetic to begin w/. Doesnt sound to me that Gravity would even exist in the 1st place. The Moon wouldnt orbit the Earth. The Earth wouldnt orbit the Sun. It would be a rogue planet aimlessly drifting along through space.
Magnets might lose thier strength. Possibly even Planets yet I dont think we have any records of such ever occuring.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 21 22 23