Oldschool Returning DRG - Questions

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Oldschool Returning DRG - Questions
Oldschool Returning DRG - Questions
By Sidra 2016-09-21 05:39:46  
Hey everyone. I played from US release through most of Aht Urghan - which means about 9 years off. Just started on a new account and got my DRG to 99. Way back when I quit, I was probably one of the better DRG across servers, and was also a damage mechanics and math nerd...but now am just trying to get up to a decent level to play with a few of my friends who are, miraculously, still around. I am currently rocking the i117 Spark set, and an Areadbhar, which I will start augmenting with Accuracy the Accuracy once I've completed RoV (nearing end of chapter 2). I am also working through RoE: Intermediate where I can get some 119 pieces. A few questions:

1.) Looks like RoE rewards coming up will allow me to choose between 1 Acro piece and 1 Cizin +1. I am thinking Acro Body and Cizin feet?

2.) My accessories are...to put it nicely...garbage. Where can I nab some usable stuff without too much effort. I mean, I am literally rocking a neckpiece with 2acc, so anything half decent is gonna ben an upgrade in all my accessory slots. Sparks rings, back with 20att, horrible earrings. All ripe for easy upgrades.

3.) What's up with my Wyvern message of it getting stronger when I kill something in a zone?

4.) I kinda like the new weaponskill but it needs more gear and merit love. Anyone know Soil Gorget drop rate from the cactuar in Abyssea Altepa? I can nab that while I work on Sea access for the Gorget...oh memories of farming sea creatures for their body parts for elemental gorgets...lol.

Thanks all!
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-09-21 05:49:23  
The best acro for drg is legs imo but you will need all the piece for Breath set. cizin feet +1 are ok but there are more interesting piece easy to obtain.
All Eschan area accessories are good enough and easy to get if you find someone who help you.
Now Wyvern lvl up and increase his attribute every lvl up. He can lvl up 5 times. If you use spirit link you will get a bonus of 10% haste and 10% attack (even 15% Double attack if you got 1.200 job point).
You will need all the neck piece from sea and all the waist from aby to forge with Synergy Fotia Gorget and Belt. About the cactuar i don't know how answer to your question.
 Odin.Brocovich
サーバ: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-09-21 06:01:44  
Sidra said: »
Anyone know Soil Gorget drop rate from the cactuar in Abyssea Altepa?

FFXIDB shows 78% but I think thats because it won't drop if everyone in party already have one. I'm pretty sure the droprate for those belts is 100%
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-21 07:28:11  
1. Acro Legs are indeed the most useful piece of that set. Can go with any piece of Cizin, it's largely just used as temporary PDT gear until you can get Sulevia's from Ambuscade.

2. A lot of old accessories like Rajas Ring and Brutal Earring are still decent or great in 2016. If you've got gil to spend: Chirich Rings, Mache Earrings, Windbuffet Belt +1, Ioskeha Belt. All are great options if you want an immediate upgrade. Can just use whatever mantle you have now until you get to making capes in Ambuscade.

3. Wyverns get a bonus to all stats and Max HP for every 200 EXP you receive to a maximum of 1000 EXP. This isn't a new feature. What IS new is that it now provides the master with Attack+4% Defense+4% Haste+2% per boost, with a maximum of 20/20/10 each. Because of this, it's essential that you have 5/5 merits in Empathy if you don't already.

4. All Abyssea WS belts are 100% drop rate. Can mix all 8 into a Fotia Belt with Synergy for extra inventory and a very nice +1% chance to keep TP after a WS. Can do the same with Sea gorgets to make a Fotia Gorget.
By Sidra 2016-09-27 08:17:46  
For "Pet: X" gear, does it all of need macroed into Summon Wyvern, or is it a live stat? There seems to be a lot of it now.

Also, under the old TP system StoreTP was a percentage and rounded down. With the new system, it looks like it actually adds that amount of TP? Also, what is the current amount of Store TP needed for 5 hits to 1k, assuming Conserve TP doesn't proc with a SAM Subjob, and with Warrior as well?
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-09-27 09:16:36  
TP system didn't change at all it add the amount of tp even in the past.You can 4 hit tp easyly now. Emicho hand Sulevia mask and af3 body reforged can be usefull for 5 hit set. you need 60 about for 5 hit 1000 tp
By Shiloh 2016-09-27 10:35:39  
What a DRG noob! <3
By Shiloh 2016-09-27 10:37:55  
Pick out some escha gear and I'll help you get.
By Sidra 2016-09-27 10:57:37  
Haha, hey Shiloh. So much to look through but the ones that jump out at me or fill current really weak spots in my gear:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Subtlety_Spec.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Annealed_Lance

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Valorous_Mail

Keep in mind, I have no clue or understanding of the difficulty of popping or killing any of this. But I took it from the BG Escha Rewards page.

If anyone wants to point out any key Escha gear I should nab, please do. I'M currently rocking Sulevia's set with head/hands/feet +1. The Double attack set earrings, sparks rings, JSE cape most done, trash necklace, Thew Bomblet, Areadbhar non upgraded, Tzacab Grip, Kentarch Belt. Only WS swap so far Soil Belt.
By Shiloh 2016-09-27 12:01:21  
1st 2 are attainable w/ what we have currently. When you're on and we're not, make sure you progress thru rhapsodies. Think of another body piece for now. We'll probably do Vagary clears soon for empy reforged stuff.

Also, if you can lvl SCH or WHM to help fights that would be useful. Even if its a survival sch or whm.
By Sidra 2016-09-29 08:03:09  
So I was just told I can get access to weaponskills Camlann's Torment and Drakesbane without having a Mythic or Empyrean via something called "Magian Weapon Trials." But when I look at Magian Weapon Trials on BG, I only see weapons upgrading. Can someone point me in the direction of how I'd go about doing this? Thanks!
 Asura.Brennski
サーバ: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-09-29 08:32:03  
Sidra said: »
So I was just told I can get access to weaponskills Camlann's Torment and Drakesbane without having a Mythic or Empyrean via something called "Magian Weapon Trials." But when I look at Magian Weapon Trials on BG, I only see weapons upgrading. Can someone point me in the direction of how I'd go about doing this? Thanks!

For Drakesbane follow this: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Unlocking_a_Myth_(Dragoon)

For Camlann's Torment follow: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Walk_of_Echoes_Weapon_Skill_Trials
By Sidra 2016-10-03 11:15:37  
Thanks for the help so far everyone, my DRG coming along very nicely. Not even 2 weeks ago I was at about 350 DPS in Ambuscade, and now I'm up at 1100. Rhomphaia (thaks Shi!!) with the path with a bit of accuracy, Despair Mail (DA Path), and Ioskeha belt being the major upgrades along with 50JP spent. Question now for TP feet. I have 2 options: I have Acro boots with a perfect ACC 25 roll, and the abjuration for Emicho Gambieras.

To buy the cursed item, and then 3 eschalixers+2 is about 4m. Or I can invest that in augmenting the Acro boots going for perfect or close to Haste and Dex rolls. Assuming the ACC/Dex path on the Gambieras, the Acro leggings would have more haste along with double attack, but the Gambieras would add more accuracy, massive dex to help w crit rate, as well as perma regen for Lady.

Thoughts? I will ultimately probably do them both for max situational usefulness...but as gil at this point is a bit limited I want to make sure I am prioritizing them correctly.