users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Guildwork plugin will not log in
Guildwork plugin will not log in
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-17 13:24:17  
So I can log into the Guildwork website without issues, but when I try to use the FFXI plugin, it just says "Logging in..." but never anything else.

I downloaded the DLL via the Windower interface initially, and when that failed I tried downloading the DLL directly from the Guildwork site and got the same result.

I was thinking maybe it was a timing thing so I tried reloading the plugin after I got logged onto my main with inventory populated and all that, but same result.

What am I doing wrong?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-25 12:53:55  
Bump

Could really use some help with this. I found another thread talking about troubleshooting Guildwork issues and got it into debug mode to see what it's doing.

It's doing nothing. Here all the full contents of the log file after loading the plugin and attempting a "/gw login" command:

10:50:13 AM| [10e8] guildwork: Window Title: *Pergatory*

That's it. Nothing after that. The "/gw login" command doesn't cause anything to be added.

Alternately, if anyone knows a better place to get support for Guildwork please let me know. Stanislav & Arcon both appear to be inactive, and the "Support" link on the official Guildwork site is a broken link.
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-09-25 13:02:22  
For clarification, did you type:
Code
//gw login username password
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-25 13:03:10  
I normally use email instead of username, but yes, I've tried both and they have the same results.

Edit: Also normally just use one slash, but whether I use one slash, two slashes, or just "gw login email password" from the console, all 3 have the same results as well.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-25 13:07:26  
The Guildwork website looks pretty messed up to me right now. I can't see my dashboard feed or anything. It's probably just not responding to the plugin login requests.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-25 13:12:58  
My dashboard looks alright if I log into the website, although that said I'm not really sure what it's supposed to look like either. :)

I've also had a friend log in in-game successfully at the same time I was trying, so I know it's a problem on my end. My dashboard even shows that she got a new item when she did that.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-25 13:15:01  
I can click through my various tabs, but they're all empty. The only thing I can see is a list of recent forum posts (which look like bot spam).
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-09-25 13:23:23  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
I normally use email instead of username, but yes, I've tried both and they have the same results.

Edit: Also normally just use one slash, but whether I use one slash, two slashes, or just "gw login email password" from the console, all 3 have the same results as well.
Well, the username IS the email. Hopefully you get it working soon.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-25 13:23:56  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I can click through my various tabs, but they're all empty. The only thing I can see is a list of recent forum posts (which look like bot spam).
Yikes I guess there may be bigger problems brewing then.

Although... now that I think about it, the first time I tried to update my profile a couple weeks back, I couldn't access the website for a few minutes and then it came back. It literally went down the instant I tried to log in with the plugin, which I thought was strange.

And now when I'm trying it again you can't see your dashboard...

I wonder if something about my profile is confusing the server? I better message Stanislav directly.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-25 13:27:49  
Nevermind, I forgot I switched to chrome and changed to uMatrix. I was just blocking the scripts that filled out the tabs.

Plugin login also worked fine for me just now.

I do get this amusing message when I look at my character profile, though:
Guildwork said:
We are no longer find this character as we cannot find it on official servers.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-25 13:51:46  
Ok nevermind it's definitely not messing with the Guildwork server because it's not even talking to the Guildwork server. I set up Wireshark and there are no outgoing packets created when I attempt to log in.