users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Woodworking » Woodworkers 103 plz reply only
Woodworkers 103 plz reply only
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-15 14:55:17  
Crafting directions are bad and you should feel bad.

On a serious note though, it's all superstition. There is zero evidence whatsoever that cardinal direction/day/moonphase affect anything to do with crafting (except guild shops)!
 Hades.Neosephiroth
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Neosephiroth 2009-09-15 15:05:59  
I'm not a Woodworker 100, but a Goldsmither at 100. I'm sorry for posting when I'm not a WW, hopefully I can give you a hand here regardless. You could find as many people to say those things matter as people that say it doesn't matter. But, either way, 3 might be too low of a sample size for you :). Also, I've found some recipes can hq more than others of the same tier, but overall the tiers for all recipes will average out to be what they are advertised as. I hope this helps you, take care! ^^
 Unicorn.Motokosun
サーバ: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-16 05:26:38  
OoKay.

So you want me to tell you what i do to get HQ on Ele.Staves..

-2years ago I only crafted my staves on New Moon, Iceday, facing East.
-1year ago I gave up facing a specific direction.
-6months ago I stopped caring what moon phase it was.
-2months ago I gave up on even caring what day it was.

Here's the deal. My HQ rate is now @ or maybe 1~2% better then what i was getting 6months-2years ago. My point being, for me, there is no wrong way to eat a tootsie pop. Take this as you may, BUT i strongly feel crafting is just a big old "RNG" pumpin out numbers, and i have found no way to minipulate, augment, or increase my outcomes so i craft at will and most importantly I NEVER craft a batch smaller then 10.

I hope you are able to find your nitch. GL to you.

EDIT: Just wanted to also note i also have 100Smith and 100Leather between all my crafting mules, with a100Gold and 100Bone in the route. I use the same technique for HQ on those crafts as well.