Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 71 72 73
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-23 18:43:18  
Also, welcome back.
By mithramegz 2016-08-23 18:54:28  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
mithramegz said: »
That would make things a lot more fair. Damn that pesky first amendment.
A) #Wings4Rooks

B) This isn't a First Amendment issue. We are neither forcing a message on the media nor doing anything religious (unless you consider that they force the airing on Sundays only).

It could be on CSPAN, but nobody watches it anyway.

It could be on the major networks, but who's really going to keep track of the airings?

The only problem is having an actual, non-partisan, independent group of people handling this. And with the level of polarization in today's society, they just don't exist.
Unfortunatly it is a first amendment issue. Especially when you aware putting chains on the press. The only reason your idea carries any weight is because our media is so corrupted. Perhaps we should focus our concerns on that instead of violating the constitution.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-23 18:59:36  
I really don't see this as an "First Amendment Issue."

By having equal time for both candidates (because we all know that having a 3rd party is next to impossible in this political climate) in news and reporting is not limiting anyone's First Amendment rights. In fact, the media is supposed to do that in the first place.

Nobody is telling them to stop broadcasting their filth, just that they can broadcast it at specific times per day for people to either ignore or watch.

My real issue, my only issue, is that we cannot have the federal government directing this at all. In order for this to work, we need a real, honest, non-partisan independent agency directing all this. Which is what I said earlier, it's not possible due to our political polarization.
[+]
By mithramegz 2016-08-23 19:06:38  
I really don't see this as an "First Amendment Issue."

By having equal time for both candidates (because we all know that having a 3rd party is next to impossible in this political climate) in news and reporting is not limiting anyone's First Amendment rights. In fact, the media is supposed to do that in the first place.

Nobody is telling them to stop broadcasting their filth, just that they can broadcast it at specific times per day for people to either ignore or watch.

My real issue, my only issue, is that we cannot have the federal government directing this at all. In order for this to work, we need a real, honest, non-partisan independent agency directing all this. Which is what I said earlier, it's not possible due to our political polarization.

I guess as long as you are not stopping them from reporting on their normal filthy coverage it would probably be alright. And to fix your problem finding honest nonpartisan people to run it, just have a board of people that are completely partisan to each view and have them judge.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-23 19:11:09  
And to fix your problem finding honest nonpartisan people to run it, just have a board of people that are completely partisan to each view and have them judge.
I guess you have a point.

The problem now is finding people who are so partisan that they will never change, but are willing to work with others.

That's like an incongruity on itself.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-23 19:13:16  
And to fix your problem finding honest nonpartisan people to run it, just have a board of people that are completely partisan to each view and have them judge.

The problem now is finding people who are so partisan that they will never change, but are willing to work with others.

I think if that happened, part of the universe would fold in on itself.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-23 19:17:15  
Bloodrose said: »

That's the incongruity of it all.

We would sooner be able to divide by zero or get the edit button back before we can find a super-partisan liberal and super-partisan conservative to even willing to cooperate with one another.

Actually...I think that's the first step to divide by zero.....
By Bloodrose 2016-08-23 19:25:18  
Second step is getting the edit button back.

Rooks took away our only means of curing America - the edit button!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 19:28:36  

That's the incongruity of it all.

We would sooner be able to divide by zero or get the edit button back before we can find a super-partisan liberal and super-partisan conservative to even willing to cooperate with one another.

Actually...I think that's the first step to divide by zero.....

Incongruity theory. One of my favorite theories of humor !
By fonewear 2016-08-23 19:29:54  
Here you go you might learn something !

The incongruity theory states that humor is perceived at the moment of realization of incongruity between a concept involved in a certain situation and the real objects thought to be in some relation to the concept
By fonewear 2016-08-23 19:31:53  
Immanuel Kant on it:

In everything that is to excite a lively convulsive laugh there must be something absurd (in which the understanding, therefore, can find no satisfaction). Laughter is an affection arising from the sudden transformation of a strained expectation into nothing. This transformation, which is certainly not enjoyable to the understanding, yet indirectly gives it very active enjoyment for a moment. Therefore its cause must consist in the influence of the representation upon the body, and the reflex effect of this upon the mind.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 19:33:48  
There is a lot of superiority theory humor on this forum !
By Bloodrose 2016-08-23 19:39:44  
I learned something.
In a Random PnR thread.
From Fonewear of all people.

is anyone else scared?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 19:40:26  
I learned something.
In a Random PnR thread.

is anyone else scared?

I'm shocked too cause I haven't studied the theories of humor for years and I still remember them !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-23 19:48:20  
I learned something.
In a Random PnR thread.

is anyone else scared?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 19:54:59  
That isn't a Simpsons gif. But it's a gif so I'll allow it.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 19:57:35  
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 20:01:36  
One more cause it's funny cause it's true:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-23 20:05:07  
Actually, I wouldn't mind one bit if we take money out of elections and force the media to only cover so much on the candidates, and that they have to be equal time on all stations and all candidates.
That was the fairness doctorine which the GOP was SO happy to have killed.

Quote:
That's the only way it could be considered a "fair" election, right? When you have to get your message across and not make this a reality TV show.
But the media WANTS it to be a reality show. Who makes the most money off presidential elections?

There is a GREAT Matt Taibbi article in the Rolling Stone on why the media sucks so much, both right and left. That there is no center is integral to the piece.

The Summer of the Shill

Campaign 2016 won't just have lasting implications for American politics. It's obliterated what was left of our news media
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-23 20:11:00  
Fone, I have often said "I can but Immanuel Kant."

/still waiting to hear any truth in the echo from Aristotle's cave
By fonewear 2016-08-23 20:11:58  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Fone, I have often said "I can but Immanuel Kant."

/still waiting to hear any truth in the echo from Aristotle's cave

It's Plato's Cave ! Did you learn nothing !
By fonewear 2016-08-23 20:13:11  
Actually, I wouldn't mind one bit if we take money out of elections and force the media to only cover so much on the candidates, and that they have to be equal time on all stations and all candidates.

Quote:
That's the only way it could be considered a "fair" election, right? When you have to get your message across and not make this a reality TV show.
But the media WANTS it to be a reality show. Who makes the most money off presidential elections?

There is a GREAT Matt Taibbi article in the Rolling Stone on why the media sucks so much, both right and left. That there is no center is integral to the piece.

The Summer of the Shill

Campaign 2016 won't just have lasting implications for American politics. It's obliterated what was left of our news media

Rolling Stone really ? You might as well say I wrote the article...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 20:14:37  
I'll ask Hillary if she has read Plato's The Republic. I'll answer for her no. She can't even read her own damn e-mails !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 20:15:45  
Hillary wouldn't get Plato's Republic cause it deals with "justice" that word doesn't enter her vocabulary!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-23 20:15:48  
/blush

I identified it correctly many posts back.

/looks at her empty tequila glass.....
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-23 20:17:15  
It deals with justice in the abstract.

Just like our modern political parties do.
By fonewear 2016-08-23 20:19:25  
Not to get into a philosophical debate, but Hillary is the last person on Earth qualified to preach about ethics and morals...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-23 20:21:54  
Please, at least I'm honest in saying that the liberals would kill it just as fast as the GOP.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-23 20:45:50  
Please, at least I'm honest in saying that the liberals would kill it just as fast as the GOP.
But they didn't kill it. The GOP did.

Reality >===>.

King in this regard <===<.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-08-23 21:07:45  
Good luck getting parties to agree on equal time. It would quickly devolve into the other candidate getting the "better" slot that belongs to them. Can't be on different days of the week. Different times on the same day would be a no go. They would likely argue about whether it would be beneficial to go first or second, either before or after the commercial break.

I'm basing this on what happens at my theatre in regards to 3D movies. My boss is always asking our booker to stop giving us so many 3D shows because people in our area don't want it. The response is that a 7pm showing (2D show) was obviously better than 7:30 (3D show). While at the same time 7:30(2D) is a better time than 8. Always a change in narrative to support why he is right and we are wrong. I'm sure the bonus he gets from the RealD company has no bearing on what he gives us.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 71 72 73