March 2017 The End?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » March 2017 the end?
March 2017 the end?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-07-31 00:15:03  
Blazed1979 said: »
Buy wardrobes people, server transfer, buy wardrobes on your mules, do everything you can to keep the game alive.

Lets do a fundraiser for an expansion - lets transfer everyone from Asura to some desolate an obscure server. Everyone to Quezy!
I could never recommend that. Quetz is awful.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-31 00:30:21  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
Buy wardrobes people, server transfer, buy wardrobes on your mules, do everything you can to keep the game alive.

Lets do a fundraiser for an expansion - lets transfer everyone from Asura to some desolate an obscure server. Everyone to Quezy!
I could never recommend that. Quetz is awful.

Let's make Quetz great again - Yes we can! March 2017.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-31 00:40:13  
In 2025 people will still be talking about how the game is going to end soon, but it won't... ^o^
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-07-31 01:29:23  
Rooks said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Pretty sure there is no precedent to a game as old and deeply rooted as XI dying. Closest would be Star Wars Galaxies and even that wasn't on the same scale.

Yep. And even then, that was as much about the license as the game itself - they had to kill it to pave the way for SWTOR.

It'll limp along in some fashion until it is completely impossible to maintain. SE takes "numbered Final Fantasy title" very seriously, as shown by the insane gamble they took on XIV/ARR. It would have been far simpler (and cheaper) to write a new MMO from scratch, than worry about all the conversion issues with 1.0.

Not according to big companies that have ported games. They claim that remaking a game is not only vastly cheaper than making a new game, but that there sales also aren't as much of a gamble. Which more so explains why SE does a lot of the things they do with their final fantasy titles.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-07-31 01:41:52  
The original closure of PS2 service was March 2016
From the AMA they noted they have content planned to March 2017 which is roughly a year after PS2 service. They gave that date mostly to say they don't plan to release a roadmap now because we're halfway through their planned content release already.

They also noted they would consider expansions/content additions if the demand is there.

My read here is March 2017 is the end of the current monthly drip drip update. After that, we may get more of the same, more infrequent content updates, and or a major content expansion every year like Everquest. Nothing has been confirmed or denied. AFAIK.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-31 01:43:54  
I dont know where Star Wars is called dead o.O ***i know even 6 RL dudes still tripping that game ...

If we speak dead, lets speak Diablo II dead. That ***took ages to die.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-07-31 02:17:07  
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
In 2025 people will still be talking about how the game is going to end soon, but it won't... ^o^

Depends what you been by end.

I don't know whether or not it'll last that long, but I can see the following years nothing but perpetual content drought with paid subs,until enough people get sick of progressing in a world with no future and SE pull the plug. At the point of the former, the game has ended really, it's just gone into some kind of paid purgatory.

As for the chance of an expansion, if you believe there to be even a small chance of this, you're hilariously naive. Square Enix aren't stupid, if they outright said "nope, no future bro", or something to that effect people would probably give up on the game, and subs would be lost. Instead, they word it as a possibility, to fool you, while maintaining a position that offers no promise. They have no intentions of another expansion, but hey, if they appear to, it'll hold on to some subs for as long as possible.

And before anyone says "well they could have ignored responding about expansions"; there were multiple questions concerning expansions and the games future, ignoring them all would have been bad. Saying they're considering an expansion though is an effective measure of throwing people a bone of sorts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2016-07-31 02:48:59  
fonewear said: »
Denial. FFXI won't end it will live forever !

Anger. SE has ruined FFXI I will never buy any of their products again.

Bargaining. Maybe if they add a cash shop they could extend the life of the game.

Depression. Now what I have to go play FFXIV ?

Acceptance. Oh well the game never really recovered from 75 era. Time to move on.

I laughed a little too much at the absurd amount of accuracy this has in it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-07-31 03:22:32  
Asura.Azriel said: »
I dont know where Star Wars is called dead o.O ***i know even 6 RL dudes still tripping that game ...

If we speak dead, lets speak Diablo II dead. That ***took ages to die.

that brought back memories

I remember making a killing selling ***on ebay from that game. Loved it
By Chyretta 2016-07-31 12:54:16  
Can you make a reply without resorting to childish name calling? Or maybe your just a jerk
 Asura.Nilats
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Nilats 2016-07-31 20:52:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
As for the chance of an expansion, if you believe there to be even a small chance of this, you're hilariously naive.

Didn't they say that Aht Urhgan was the final expansion to the game at some point, that the game only had a 5-6year plan from the gate. Here we are nearly a decade past that point and while game isn't where it was it still has its niche that it fills. I am skeptical that any new major content will be added but don't count it out till they give a final shutdown date on the servers.
By Enuyasha 2016-07-31 22:26:27  
So when they announce content servers (Or whatever that was called that EQ had) who wants to bet SE immediately goes into the black on server transfers alone?
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2016-07-31 23:37:17  
Chyretta said: »
Here is my question, did they state the truth that there is no plans beyond march 2017 and that the game will end at that time

I don't have any plans past next Thursday.

It would be quite a leap to assume that means I'm planning to be dead on next Friday.
[+]
By missdivine 2016-08-01 00:10:18  
I just read all the questions, they literally said NO/we don't have plans for that at this time/ to everything. They don't have any interest on the game anymore.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-08-01 00:22:24  
missdivine said: »
I just read all the questions, they literally said NO to everything. They don't have any interest on the game anymore at all.

WRONG
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-08-01 02:42:02  
missdivine said: »
I just read all the questions, they literally said NO to everything. They don't have any interest on the game anymore at all.
Then you need to go back to school.
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-08-01 17:25:19  
Asura.Nilats said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
As for the chance of an expansion, if you believe there to be even a small chance of this, you're hilariously naive.

Didn't they say that Aht Urhgan was the final expansion to the game at some point, that the game only had a 5-6year plan from the gate. Here we are nearly a decade past that point and while game isn't where it was it still has its niche that it fills. I am skeptical that any new major content will be added but don't count it out till they give a final shutdown date on the servers.

pretty sure they said Abyssea was the final expansion
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-01 17:29:28  
Leviathan.Tribalprophet said: »
I don't have any plans past next Thursday.

It would be quite a leap to assume that means I'm planning to be dead on next Friday.

xDDDD
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-08-01 17:35:28  
YouTube Video Placeholder

MAtsui's Favorite made into orchestra

Mithra with a joint
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-01 18:31:40  
Where we're going, we don't need Utsusemi.
[+]